Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

Banned

Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want to say Hell No, but....

Well I'll say that maybe and I mean to the slightest smallest degree possible there might be something in the Himalayas. To an even lesser degree I'll entertain the idea in the Pacific Northwest (not really but what the hell).

But under no circumstance on earth do I believe there are these bigfoot creatures in Indiana. Good God I was flipping channels the other day and I saw some idiotic show that was investigating Big Foot in Indiana. Thank God the people they interviewed were all well educated, clean and had all of their teeth....oh wait....

Thank you idiots, whoever you were, for perpetuating the idea that Indiana is filled with backwater rubes.

I'm laughing my a** off with this post

Banned

By the way I don't believe in big foot but I believe int the chupacabras

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Please help the Pacers, then. You must have some sort of flubber or something, right? Give Tyler 2x the hops of Gerald Green.
    Greetings again, Digest of Pacers,

Bibble here again, and I must say I am becoming quite fond of this world wide website. In our Galaxy it is called, MettaWideWeb. There seems to be a player named Metta in your sports that you all love to watch.

Our species has ran out of floober as we call it, and we are mining for it in the gulf of Mexico as we speak. Under a fake company named BP. Sorry about the explosion. Or as you Earthlings say, "We bad"

Bibble out
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Greetings again, Digest of Pacers,

Bibble here again, and I must say I am becoming quite fond of this world wide website. In our Galaxy it is called, MettaWideWeb. There seems to be a player named Metta in your sports that you all love to watch.

Our species has ran out of floober as we call it, and we are mining for it in the gulf of Mexico as we speak. Under a fake company named BP. Sorry about the explosion. Or as you Earthlings say, "We bad"

Bibble out
    I'm guessing you believe in John Belushi too.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Bibble does indeed believe in John Belushi
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Yes. Watch a Purdue game. He wears #55.

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

8' tall and 500 pounds. What an addition to a roster. Talk about the potential to be "smashmouth", especially if they are more intelligent than us and can move interdimensionally!

I suppose that there might be reason for concern for career ending foot injuries due to their size, but that should have already been mitigated by their living in the wild without foot protection for many generations which likely has caused their feet to evolve into far more durable structures than we have as humans.

Long term, we need a back to the basket center with an ability to take up space in the low post with animal instincts and ferocity that would cause opponents to avoid dribble penetration and force the opposing centers outside their comfort zones.

As long as its occasionally timid nature didn't cause it to Royce White very often, and as long as it was OK with prolonged human contact, it might be worth taking a chance to sign one for a summer league tryout.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

one afternoon at Lake Monroe...

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No not really.

I believe in Bigfoot about as much as I believe in ghosts and aliens and whatever other nonsense the "History" channel and the rest of the pseudoscience TV networks promote.

And that's is not very much. I'm not going to say it's impossible... but yea. It doesn't pass the bologna test (see Carl Sagan).

The thing with America and the northwest. We humans have spread out almost everywhere. There isn't much unexplored wilderness. If there was a giant man ape running around, upright even, it would be in the zoology books by now and probably the zoos.

I do find our close relatives fascinating though. Like the Neanderthals which went extinct about 20,000 years ago. What kind of people were they? Were they big brutes? Maybe they were more sophisticated and had language. Maybe they even taught modern humans art and music. Maybe we were the brutes!. They have found Neanderthal DNA in modern humans, so there was some interbreeding going on. The origins of humanity are fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post

The thing with America and the northwest. We humans have spread out almost everywhere. There isn't much unexplored wilderness. If there was a giant man ape running around, upright even, it would be in the zoology books by now and probably the zoos.
    This is just wrong. Just because an area has been explored does not mean that it is known.

For example just a couple years ago there was an undiscovered Tribe deep in the rainforests of Brazil. So there was an entire society unknown to the modern world.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Banned
    Mood

Let me point out that, contrary to common belief, absence of evidence isn't always evidence of absence. Absence of evidence is only evidence of absence when the discovery of supporting evidence is a reasonable expectation. That's a confusing line, I know, so let me give an example to make it clearer.

We have no evidence of life existing on any planet outside of our solar system.
    This lack of evidence does not constitute evidence that life does not exist on planets outside of our universe.

Why is that?

It's simple: We've not sufficiently explored the universe beyond our solar system, thus, we wouldn't expect to have evidence for life outside of our solar system even if it existed. You can't expect to have evidence for proposition A if you've not sufficiently searched for evidence for proposition A.

With that said, I do believe human beings have sufficiently searched for big foot, thus, the lack of compelling evidence had lead me to doubt its existence. I wont say I'm certain that big foot doesn't exist, as I'm not that foolishly dogmatic, but I'm extremely skeptical.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This is just wrong. Just because an area has been explored does not mean that it is known.

For example just a couple years ago there was an undiscovered Tribe deep in the rainforests of Brazil. So there was an entire society unknown to the modern world.
    That tribe was uncontacted, not undiscovered. People knew about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That tribe was uncontacted, not undiscovered. People knew about them.
    http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...ntacted-tribe/

Symantics. They were pretty much unknown, and uncontacted.

Couldn't we apply the same logic to bigfoot. People know about bigfoot, but have never come in contact with one.
    People know about the tribe, but have never contacted them.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Couldn't we apply the same logic to bigfoot. People know about bigfoot, but have never come in contact with one.
    Declaring the difference between unknown and uncontacted a matter of semantics is one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

But do we know Bigfoot biblically is the real question?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Goliath was a bigfoot, obviously.

The real tragedy in all of this is how the brown bear has taken all the heat for what baby bigfeet cause. Sure, you see it all the time how the brown bear broke into my cabin or car and stole my food when actually a baby bigfoot with disregqard to one's property will clean you out without a second thought is responsible. This worthless rogue of a creature needs to be found and then put on trial for it's lack of a moral compass.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Sports Logo

If that were actual logic, sure.

Don't know if you guys have seen the channel desitnation america but they always have hilarious **** on and last night was a bunch of crazy *** big foot stuff including some guy from Oregon who claimed he shot an adult big foot and then later shot one of the adult's young in the throat and held it as it choked to death in his arms....he then buried the body...

Yes, this was his story.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Don't know if you guys have seen the channel desitnation america but they always have hilarious **** on and last night was a bunch of crazy *** big foot stuff including some guy from Oregon who claimed he shot an adult big foot and then later shot one of the adult's young in the throat and held it as it choked to death in his arms....he then buried the body...

Yes, this was his story.
    Wow, what a psychopathic A-hole if true. Just a lying A-hole if not.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Declaring the difference between unknown and uncontacted a matter of semantics is one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If that were actual logic, sure.
    If someone or something is uncontacted, it is indeed unknown. How was the tribe known? There were no previous pictures taken of the tribe. No real evidence the tribe existed other than first hand accounts.

Sounds alot like Bigfoot stories.

I think this is my new favorite thread in PD. Keep it going guys!

Just to add some spice to the conversation. Is it possible Bigfoot is extraterrestrial? Or maybe Sasquatch are just poor basterds who were experimented on by Aliens. Like weird hair growing experiments because Aliens pretty much bald. At least that's how the Grays look. I don't think the reptilian aliens have much hair either. A sort of Hair club for aliens lab experiment.

Banned
    Mood

Eh, I can kind of see what graphic-er is saying... I think.

It's possible that people know of, and have experienced, big foot's existence on a more localized level, while the world, as a whole, remains in the dark.

An analogy would be to dinosaurs. There's strong evidence that dinosaurs were known about by certain cultures dating back thousands of years, yet they didn't become widely known and understood until relatively recent times (the past few centuries), when enough bone fragments were collected to piece together the puzzle.

If I were a big foot advocate, this is the line of reasoning I'd go with, and I think it's what graphic-er is trying to say.

I think if given enough time, those Boston Marathon bombing internet photo analyzers could find Bigfoot, if he had a big backpack on
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)