Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 104

Thread: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    554
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    The evidence is there from Finding Bigfoot...so do you?


    @Pacers24Colts12

  2. #2
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,483

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    The evidence?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    It seems plausible to me because it would just be a rare, large North American ape that hides out in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, if it is there at all, so it's not much of a stretch that it could be the case. It's not like it's some super-powered being or whatnot. So, sure, I think there could be what one might call a bigfoot. If you mean one solitary, 'special creature', no, but perhaps a very limited population of said large, rare ape, I can buy that.

    I was listening to an interview with Les Stroud (a.k.a Survivorman of the same-titled show on Discovery channel) talk about this a while back, and he pointed out that that region is far bigger and secluded than people who haven't been out in it (or flown over it) realize, and he went on to explain the reasons why it could be very difficult to find physical evidence. Furthermore, during one of his times out isolated in the wilderness (I want to say somewhere in Alaska), he had an episode (not of the show, I don't think, but just out there for his own sake or some other reason) where one night he awoke to the sound of what he specifically described as what would come from a large, ape-like creature as well. Really scared him, apparently.

    Wouldn't shock me to eventually find these things out there.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,483

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    Dunno if you've seen the finding bigfoot show Hicks, but they basically claim that Bigfoot exist in all 50 states.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,351

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    If bigfoot was hiding in the ocean I would believe. On land it's tougher to buy.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  9. #6
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunno if you've seen the finding bigfoot show Hicks, but they basically claim that Bigfoot exist in all 50 states.
    Good for them? I heard their reputation is that of a collection of dopes. I don't really care what they claim, honestly.

  10. #7
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    No, I don't think that's a thing.

  11. #8
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,743

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    Bigfoot? No.
    The Ghost of Bigfoot? Most certainly.


    There was a Mountain Lion that moved into my parent's "neighborhood." (I say "neighborhood" beause they live sort of in the country. A mile out from a small town, one neighbor across the road, 2-3within a 1/2mil, 5-6 within a mile, 10-15 within two miles.) It's fairly wooded, a lot of fields with sort of large woods here and there. The surrounding farmers knew about it, some had seen it first hand, DNR actually confirmed it by tracks. Not a whole lot of people knew about it, and certainly not many in the town.

    Animals conceal themselves easily. I don't think it's too far fetched to think that there's an animal speices living relatively close to civilization without people knowing.


    I think there's some basis in fact. How there can be nearly identical stories stretching across thousands and thousands of miles, some remote locations passed down verbally (like the Yeti) makes you really wonder.

    Probably more likely that there at once was a "Bigfoot" but not any longer, and we're just hanging on to folklore.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,986

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    No, not at all.

  14. #10
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,784

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, not at all.
    Even after all those years watching Mark Eaton?

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,483

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    In the olden days when people were really spread out, you can explain Bigfoot as just a variation in human development pretty easily. Especially when we were tribal. Big human gets ostracized from his group. Lives on his own. That's an easy explanation.

    Now it is just a story people like to hold onto IMO.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  17. #12
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,143

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    I just think it's hilarious that there is "evidence" of these things somehow being real.

    If there was actually legitimate evidence of this, it'd be huge news. Not some garbage on a sparsely followed show on Animal Planet.

  18. #13
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,976
    Mood

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    Oh re-he-he-he-he-heeeeelyyyy?


  19. #14

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    No. Where are the fossils / skeletal remains? Are they immortal? We have identified mammals that went extinct millions of years ago, and we just missed all the skeltons of bigfoot somehow? Bunch of nonsense. And the supposed "DNA evidence" recently hyped has not been published or released for any real scientists to review.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If bigfoot was hiding in the ocean I would believe. On land it's tougher to buy.


    For some reason I thought this post was really, really funny. The thought of Bigfoot hiding in the ocean is what did it for me.

  22. #16
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,743

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. Where are the fossils / skeletal remains? Are they immortal? We have identified mammals that went extinct millions of years ago, and we just missed all the skeltons of bigfoot somehow? Bunch of nonsense. And the supposed "DNA evidence" recently hyped has not been published or released for any real scientists to review.
    So do you think we've found a fossil record of every animal that ever lived on land in the past 5,000 years?

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,483

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So do you think we've found a fossil record of every animal that ever lived on land in the past 5,000 years?
    What was that ape we know of...gigantopithicus? He and others like him seem to be a pretty easy explanation of early bigfoot myth.

    I don't know I just know that if they were as humanoid, as smart, and as large as the truthers claim, we would have found them years ago and probably killed them.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. #18
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    Big Foot died years ago. See video evidence below: NSFW

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So do you think we've found a fossil record of every animal that ever lived on land in the past 5,000 years?
    No but I think we could find some bones of a ******* animal that is supposedly walking the Earth right now.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,519

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    You all know that humans aren't the only creatures on Earth that bury their dead right? Gorillas bury their dead, elephants bury their dead. Many animals that live in packs do this. So its not hard to think that a Sasquatch would have the same sort of rituals. You are unlike to walk across the remains of a rare animal in the forest. Just as you are unlikely to walk across the remains of a Tiger in the jungle, because Tigers are extremely rare!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  30. #21

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So do you think we've found a fossil record of every animal that ever lived on land in the past 5,000 years?
    why 5,000 years if they're here NOW?

    I'm pretty sure we've found remains of all USA-dwelling large primates who have lived here in the last 50 years, many times over.

    8 feet tall & 400 lbs should be findable, dontcha think?
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 02-25-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  31. #22
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    I feel like there aren't any land based critters that we don't know about. Or at least ones that are seen with the naked eye. All the crazy **** is miles under the ocean like that god forsaken eel shark that haunts my dreams.

  32. #23
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,483

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    We are talking about an 8 foot tall, 500+ pound man beast.

    Yeah you don't see that many Tigers, but we still know there are tigers.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  34. #24
    Member PaulGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    Yes, these sighting stretch over almost every continent. While modern man has adapted quicker and more rapidly does not mean that another species of man/ape couldn't have adapted to us seeing our destructive ways and general fear of bigger predators. Stay out of sight in the deep wilderness where most men never venture. Some believe there could possibly be underground caverns that go far and wide over the northern hemisphere of the earth. Many men don't go exploring to that extent these days. Either way they don't want to be seen and can probably smell a yankee from a mile away so that'd make it easier to stay hidden.
    I'm a Beast

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorge For This Useful Post:


  36. #25
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do you believe in Bigfoot?

    I believe "Bigfoot" exists. I am completely on the same page as Hicks, though. I think it is an unknown species of Ape from the northwest. Nothing more.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •