Thread: 2013 NFL Combine thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 2013 NFL Combine thread

Marquise Goodwin and Tavon Austin were incredible in the 40 yesterday. Cordarrelle Patterson had a solid day in the receiver drills and had a solid 40 time. I was a little disappointed with the quarterbacks though.
    "We want Miami"

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013 NFL Combine thread

You **** up once, you lose two teeth

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

What's funny is that he'll probably fall all the way to #32 in the draft for the Ravens to draft him
    "We want Miami"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Terron Armstead from Arkansas Pine Bluff ran a 4.65 40.

He's a 305lb offensive tackle. I know absolutely nothing else about him and I won't pretend a 40 from a lineman means anything, but holy ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

He's a 305lb offensive tackle. I know absolutely nothing else about him and I won't pretend a 40 from a lineman means anything, but holy ****.
    Sounds like you're an O-line coach because you hit it on the head big time. They don't care about the 40 or at least Mudd didn't when he was a Colt.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Marquise Goodwin and Tavon Austin were incredible in the 40 yesterday. Cordarrelle Patterson had a solid day in the receiver drills and had a solid 40 time. I was a little disappointed with the quarterbacks though.
    What really can a QB do to really wow at the combine though, I mean they throw a little and it is not with their guys, and as far as athletics you pretty much know what they already offer, the only thing for most QB's you can take away is that they came to compete really.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

With tackle they care about speed, but it is typically the 10 that is most important, and actually it is probably the most important for many positions. I will also add that for tackles teams love athletes, to see this just look at the top 3 LT's in the draft, Jockel, Fischer, Johnson... most think that Johnson has the highest upside due to his athleticism even though Jockel and Fischer are very very solid.

Also for Armstrong he really had a solid combine throughout, I believe he was one of the highest in the bench and showed good agility as well, from what I have heard he had strong tape, but it was not against high competition so he could really be a sleeper in this draft.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    What really can a QB do to really wow at the combine though, I mean they throw a little and it is not with their guys, and as far as athletics you pretty much know what they already offer, the only thing for most QB's you can take away is that they came to compete really.
    A lot of inconsistent throws though. Too many high, low, or behind throws for most QBs. Geno Smith was the most consistent
    "We want Miami"

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rich Eisen's 40 yard dash was the most interesting thing during the combine. "Leon Sandcastle" too.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Mood

A lot of inconsistent throws though. Too many high, low, or behind throws for most QBs. Geno Smith was the most consistent
    Yeah a lot of timing goes into that, this is the first time they are throwing to these guys, just think outside routes, and the deep routes that they are throwing all depend on when a guy is making his break, how fast he comes out of it, how he accelerates, does he cut or roll around corners, that is why prodays are much more important for QB's
    Why so SERIOUS

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Yeah a lot of timing goes into that, this is the first time they are throwing to these guys, just think outside routes, and the deep routes that they are throwing all depend on when a guy is making his break, how fast he comes out of it, how he accelerates, does he cut or roll around corners, that is why prodays are much more important for QB's
    Guys like Landry Jones have been really disappointing. He was so good as a junior, but was awful in his senior year. His throws at the combine were off as well
    "We want Miami"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Guys like Landry Jones have been really disappointing. He was so good as a junior, but was awful in his senior year. His throws at the combine were off as well
    See this is my thing, I was not a fan of Jones last year because of inconsistency and decision making, and nothing really changed, for Barkley I was not high on him last year as well, he just showed average stuff, and did not make many mistakes, I felt when people were talking about him as a #1 pick before the season started to be silly... he has played at a high competition level ever since HS, and to expect him to make huge strides after such a long time is silly in my view, he is what he is, maybe he gets a wonderful coach in the NFL that learns how to use him efficiently but I don't see him as a pro bowl guy, more like one of those guys whose team is okay but never really goes anywhere.
    Why so SERIOUS

Die hard Pacers fan!!!!! SIR-LANCE-ALOT's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

im glad the Colts got the #1 pick last year, cause this year wouldve been the worse time to have the #1 overall pick, no franchise type QB's at all, i would do like the Rams did, stockpile picks and move back a lil

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SIR-LANCE-ALOT For This Useful Post:

See this is my thing, I was not a fan of Jones last year because of inconsistency and decision making, and nothing really changed, for Barkley I was not high on him last year as well, he just showed average stuff, and did not make many mistakes, I felt when people were talking about him as a #1 pick before the season started to be silly... he has played at a high competition level ever since HS, and to expect him to make huge strides after such a long time is silly in my view, he is what he is, maybe he gets a wonderful coach in the NFL that learns how to use him efficiently but I don't see him as a pro bowl guy, more like one of those guys whose team is okay but never really goes anywhere.
    I didn't think Barkley would win the Heisman. But I thought he would retain his #1 QB ranking throughout. He was too inconsistent all year and I didn't think (for the second half of the season) that Geno Smith was that good, but he is the #1 QB now.
    "We want Miami"

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SIR-LANCE-ALOT View Post
    im glad the Colts got the #1 pick last year, cause this year wouldve been the worse time to have the #1 overall pick, no franchise type QB's at all, i would do like the Rams did, stockpile picks and move back a lil
    We wouldn't have let Manning go if this is what we knew was in the draft though...
    Why so SERIOUS

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Mood

I didn't think Barkley would win the Heisman. But I thought he would retain his #1 QB ranking throughout. He was too inconsistent all year and I didn't think (for the second half of the season) that Geno Smith was that good, but he is the #1 QB now.
    I did not think he should have had the #1 prospect ranking, I could understand #1 QB because the class was so weak, also Geno has better tools for the NFL than Barkley, and I rally do not have a good read on him yet, but it will be interesting to see what happens to him once he gets to the NFL.
    Why so SERIOUS