Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Danny Granger will make his debut tonight

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger will make his debut tonight

I think part of his recovery will be just getting out and playing again, he probly means partially that it's not 100% strong yet, and that's only going to come with conditioning and play.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, guess who I've had stashed at the end of my fantasy team's roster all year waiting for this moment?
    Lol after you stole him from me

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    So what suggests a more ready knee... blocking two shots in succession or hitting a 3 pointer?

Pretty obvious for me.

I also have a messed up knee right now and I can tell you that is easier to jump on one leg to block a shot than to jump on one leg to shoot a jumper, I'm not a professional athlete(of course) but saying that somebody's knee is OK because he was able to block two shots is not accurate, I mean how many shots JO blocked with one knee?

Shooting is harder to do with a bad knee in my opinion, is even harder for players that jump to shoot like Danny Granger does, now if he was a flat footed shooter like Manu, Kevyn Love and others you might have a point.

It's not so much that he blocked the shot. It is the fact that he blocked the shot, landed and immediately jumped again to challenge the shot. That is much tougher on someone with a gimpy knee than shooting a jumper. It is the quick landing and re-load time that suggests the knee is in pretty decent shape. Maybe not 100% but better than I expected. I remember the first time I went and shot around after my knee injury, not only was I slow on D, but my jumper was hilariously off.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I'm not worried about how Danny looks right now, it's how he looks in May and June (hopefully) that has me interested.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He missed mutliple wide open jumpers, of which he's been shooting a lot of for quite a while. It doesn't have to be a result of a bad knee, it could just be a bad shooting night. He may be a little weak or stiff on the knee, but if it's bad enough to comment on I doubt they bring him back yet.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    He missed mutliple wide open jumpers, of which he's been shooting a lot of for quite a while. It doesn't have to be a result of a bad knee, it could just be a bad shooting night. He may be a little weak or stiff on the knee, but if it's bad enough to comment on I doubt they bring him back yet.
    To me, his jumper looked fine, elevation was good etc. It was 100% mental rust. He was indecisive, didn't take his time etc...all things that will rapidly be fixed through game action.

I was personally really happy with what I saw out of Danny. Knee looked strong, played aggressively, solid defense. When he's more comfortable in the offense he'll shoot with more confidence/make better decisions with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    He seemed to have happy feet, to me. Wasn't setting is feet or was moving them when he normally would confidently just go into his shot with proper footwork. Came across as rust or nerves to me. Considering how he played D I'm inclined to think it's not the knee.

Besides, he was shooting well WITH THE BAD KNEE back in the preseason (immediately before they shut him down to rest it for several months), so I doubt it will suddenly be what causes him to not shoot well. I mean shooters can shoot well after retirement with bad bodies.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

cgg