Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger will make his debut tonight

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger will make his debut tonight

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look at every great team and they all have allstar caliber player coming off the bench. Come on Danny please accept that role and possibly win a ring! Lance really plays good with the starters. Like the other thread says i think he is a great spaark for them. There is no way danny can create like lance does. I love danny but he finally can fill that robin role now!

Go pacers
    I don't think it'll be Danny's call either way. He's never shown any indication of being stubborn/demanding a certain role. He had no problem deferring to David West from day one last season, he's been instrumental in the growth of guys like Roy and Paul, and I'm sure he'll accept whatever role the coaches determine he fits best in.

Honestly, I couldn't care less. Lance has seemingly flipped a switch and realizes he's unstoppable in the open court. The team has started going up-tempo while still feeding the post, and Lance will be successful in that system whether its Hill/PG/West/Roy or DJ/Tyler/Ian/Young.

Danny will play 30ish mpg (if he's healthy) and Lance will likely get 6th man minutes. Whichever is out there at the tip is irrelevant (In my opinion, of course.)

GO PACERS!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Yes, and that would just generate controversy.

Danny cannot guard LeBron like PG can. Also, I do not want to see PG chasing Wade around. It's just a waste of his energy and talents.

We have a great matchup advantage with Miami. Why go back to what didn't get it done last year?

Let Danny destroy their backups when LeBron is off the floor. He should also backup West against the Heat. He is not the best choice to guard LeBron just as he wasn't last year.

BTW, there is a common misconception that our starters beat the Heat starters last year. That is not true at all.
    I must be completely crazy for thinking that being up 2-1 against the Heat and being up on them until Danny got injured was something that was working! Silly me.

It sucks that we're going to do the exact same thing as last year and roll out Lou Amundson at center.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think PG is a great defender, one of the best in the league, but where did this notion that he can defend LeBron well come from? In the 2 games we've played the Heat LeBron is averaging 25/8/3.5 on 51% shooting.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I think PG is a great defender, one of the best in the league, but where did this notion that he can defend LeBron well come from? In the 2 games we've played the Heat LeBron is averaging 25/8/3.5 on 51% shooting.
    LeBron averages 27.2/8.2/7 points on 56.7% shooting.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I heard there was a secret Dan
    That Vogel played and it pleased the fans
    But you don't really care for the Pacers, do you?
    It goes like this
    The dunks, the threes
    The Pistons fall, the Pacers lift
    The baffled fans composing hallelujah....

HALLELUJAH
    HALLELUJAH
    I have no idea what this means, but I like it.

HALLELUJAH and pass the ball!
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Mood

It should be noted that Lebron went 10-20, while only taking one 3 pointer. Therefore, Paul/Indiana held him to 47% in that game on 2 pointers, a stunning feat for a guy that doesn't take jumpers.

In the second game he was 8-14 on 2 pointers, a more typical 57%.

If PG can harass LeDouche like he did in that first game, Lebrons ability to dominate is significantly hindered. When he gets to the basket and makes his typical 60% he causes huge problems. If he's missing those shots, the Pacers will be able to defend that perimeter much better. Paul gives them that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Not sure this is the best time to have the Paul is way better than Danny ever was discussion. How about we just added a former all-star to the team at the deadline! I will be shocked if Danny coming back causes chemistry problems for this team.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

good, so that means his knee is feeling good and we are not just putting him out there just to put him there

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

**** yes.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

By the way, guess who I've had stashed at the end of my fantasy team's roster all year waiting for this moment?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sorta hoped he'd do it at home for the ovation, but oh well, not like he won't get a big standing O the first time he checks in at BLF. Wonder if he's doing it on the road to get his first minutes outta the way w/o all the hype of a home game. Wouldn't really blame him.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    Our beat writer has secret sources.
    I thought you wrote secret sauces. While that didn't sound right, it made me very very hungry.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tuesday will still be a big ovation for him.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Sorta hoped he'd do it at home for the ovation, but oh well, not like he won't get a big standing O the first time he checks in at BLF. Wonder if he's doing it on the road to get his first minutes outta the way w/o all the hype of a home game. Wouldn't really blame him.
    I think he's probably scared of hurting the chemistry the guys have had out there and that's why he's delayed coming back. Probably wanted to make sure he fit in with the style the team is playing before getting out there.

Who? This guy?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

He disrupts LeBron's ability to get other guys involved. Paul is longer and hurts his ability to see the floor because LeBron has to avoid Paul getting his hands on the ball or intercepting a pass. What LeBron himself is averaging is important but that's not why LeBron is the best player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    It should be noted that Lebron went 10-20, while only taking one 3 pointer. Therefore, Paul/Indiana held him to 47% in that game on 2 pointers, a stunning feat for a guy that doesn't take jumpers.

In the second game he was 8-14 on 2 pointers, a more typical 57%.

If PG can harass LeDouche like he did in that first game, Lebrons ability to dominate is significantly hindered. When he gets to the basket and makes his typical 60% he causes huge problems. If he's missing those shots, the Pacers will be able to defend that perimeter much better. Paul gives them that.
    LeBron is going to get his points because he's also a great jump shooter. But if LeBron's reduced to a great jump shooter you have done a great, great, great job on him. It's when he dishes and provides team mates easy looks....now that's where LeBron will kill you.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    By the way, guess who I've had stashed at the end of my fantasy team's roster all year waiting for this moment?
    Gerald Green?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Banned

My expectations were low but not this low, not wonder why he wasn't ready to come back, I have seen some players come back from injury this year and he is so far the must rusty player out all of them, I don't even think he is 80% ready.

He told Wells last night that his knee is not 100% percent, here hoping he gets there soon.

I think Tuesday Danny will be more comfortable playing in front of the home crowd, and thus he will have a better performance. It's going to take a little time for him to figure out what his place in the offense will be.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    I think Tuesday Danny will be more comfortable playing in front of the home crowd, and thus he will have a better performance. It's going to take a little time for him to figure out what his place in the offense will be.
    He did fine playing within the offense. He just didn't make the shots. Shooting isn't my concern. I'm confident that he'll be able to make shots.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

I honestly think he was just uncomfortable. There was one play where he tried to post up with Tyler on basically the exact same spot until he realized it, then just walked out to the corner again.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought Granger actually looked like he was moving pretty good --- better than I'm used to seeing him move over the past few years, in fact. I think taking the time off and letting his knee recover was good for him. He looked quicker and more spry, younger.

He moved well defensively and getting up and down the court. He did look rusty shooting the ball, but his form looked nice. I think nerves got to him, and it was reflected in his shooting performance, but that's okay. He had to get this game out of the way to get the nerves out. I think they planned to do it on the road to allow just that --- so that he didn't return in his first game in front of the home crowd and have a predictably rusty performance. I expect we'll see a better shooting performance from him on Tuesday, 10-12 points. I still think he needs to come off the bench for the foreseeable future, though... he needs to get back in game-shape, that's not going to happen in a week. They need to ease him slowly with the starters on the floor until that's all worked out.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    My expectations were low but not this low, not wonder why he wasn't ready to come back, I have seen some players come back from injury this year and he is so far the must rusty player out all of them, I don't even think he is 80% ready.

He told Wells last night that his knee is not 100% percent, here hoping he gets there soon.
    So what suggests a more ready knee... blocking two shots in succession or hitting a 3 pointer?

Pretty obvious for me.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods