Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger will make his debut tonight

Default Danny Granger will make his debut tonight

via Mike Wells
    Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
    Danny Granger will make his season debut tonight in Detroit, according to a source.

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Danny Granger will make his debut tonight

Our beat writer has secret sources.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

I sincerely hope we use Granger similar to how the Spurs have used Ginobili in the past. Lance fits in too well with the starters as our best facilitator/playmaker, and I highly doubt he'll have the same impact on the team coming off the bench as the #1 or #2 option.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He couldn't do it last night, at home?

Maybe they figured the team might be tired tonight, so Danny is the secret weapon, lol.

Here's to a good ten or fifteen minutes for Danny in another blowout win.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

This freight engine's picking up more steam in the form of Danny Granger!

Really excited to see Danny play tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I sincerely hope we use Granger similar to how the Spurs have used Ginobili in the past. Lance fits in too well with the starters as our best facilitator/playmaker, and I highly doubt he'll have the same impact on the team coming off the bench as the #1 or #2 option.
    you can hope all you want, but Vogel has said multiple times that when Granger gets his legs under him he is starting, I like Lance in the 2nd unit better, he can get D.J. and OJ open shots and create for himself better than Danny

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Mood

The Ginobli comparison is an interesting one. Granger's game is nothing like Ginobli's, but Lance kind of is. He plays almost recklessly at times, but the result is more good than bad.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great call....very glad they didnt play him last night. You knew there was no way the Pistons were gonna win last night....playing the same team back to back...no matter who it is...is always tough...even moreso after how they got embarrassed last night...so Danny coming back hopefully can alleviate that natural letdown and have the team excited. Very well thought out Mr. Vogel....which comes as no surprise. Great call.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Mood

The Captain is finally making his debut

He'll have more than a few fans in Detroit tonight.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

While im certainly not opposed to them bringing Danny off the bench to work him back into the fray...the reasons the Spurs use Manu off the bench and the Thunder used Harden off the bench are absolutely irrelevant when it comes to comparing where to use Danny. Both of those guys are facilitators and were/are used as such when their starting pgs arent on the floor and sometimes even when they are. Danny is not a facilitator.

EDIT: I actually would like to see Danny come off the bench as well....but not for the reasons Manu or Harden did. Im still a bit skeptical of Lance's ability to make that second team work effectively and his ability to play as well as he does with the first team at this stage of his maturation process. Danny would add much needed stability, etc to that second team right now. And the first team is playing great for the most part as is. I also am not that excited about Lance being on the floor without D. West or Granger right now. Im not ready for Lance to be the leader of the second team and thats because I dont really think Lance is either. And that has nothing to do with ability and everything to do with experience and maturation.
    Last edited by cinotimz; 02-23-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Tough entry point after we spanked them hard in our house. It will be interesting to see how Frank uses him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Tough entry point after we spanked them hard in our house. It will be interesting to see how Frank uses him.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Frank use him with Sam Young at the SG spot. That would take a lot of pressure off Danny defensively with that 2nd unit.
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    The Ginobli comparison is an interesting one. Granger's game is nothing like Ginobli's, but Lance kind of is. He plays almost recklessly at times, but the result is more good than bad.
    I'm not comparing the players. Ginobili and Granger play nothing alike. You put Lance on the bench, sure he may get our backups some open looks, but our backups can't hit those shots at a high %. So then, you are relying upon Lance to be the primary scorer off the bench, and that's not the kind of player he is nor needs to become. It also enables George to play at his more natural SF position and you aren't relying on Hill to be the primary passer. Meanwhile, you start with Granger on the bench and he's a matchup nightmare for the opposition, forcing their hand to likely play their own starters longer minutes which should pay great dividends at the end of games.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not comparing the players. Ginobili and Granger play nothing alike. You put Lance on the bench, sure he may get our backups some open looks, but our backups can't hit those shots at a high %. So then, you are relying upon Lance to be the primary scorer off the bench, and that's not the kind of player he is nor needs to become. It also enables George to play at his more natural SF position and you aren't relying on Hill to be the primary passer. Meanwhile, you start with Granger on the bench and he's a matchup nightmare for the opposition, forcing their hand to likely play their own starters longer minutes which should pay great dividends at the end of games.
    So Lance needs to stay in the role he is now? Assuming our lineup is as good as last years with Danny in it, there's more potential for greatness if Lance develops into a primary option off the bench.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Really? OJ is shooting 54.5% from 3pt range on the season, and DJ is shooting 43% from deep the past 2 months. I'd say they don't have much of a problem at all knocking down open shots at a high %.
    Grown Man Ball

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Gerald Green might have to start buying some suits.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Fcukin' great news. I've been waiting all season for this.

I don't expect Granger to play more than 8-10 mins. But I just want to see him out there. He's shown a lot of loyalty to this franchise and city. Let's hope Granger can get going and back in physical condition before the start of the playoffs.

All this talk about "will Granger come off the bench...will he start"

Put all this talk to sleep. This is just ridiculous...he'll come off the bench until he is ready to start. He will eventually be a starter - that's for sure
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    Our beat writer has secret sources.
    George Hill probably told him today while they were having soul food on the road.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Alright, I need to get all my work done so I can relax and watch this game. Excited to see where Danny's at.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

"WELCOME BACK"

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

Mood

You look at every great team and they all have allstar caliber player coming off the bench. Come on Danny please accept that role and possibly win a ring! Lance really plays good with the starters. Like the other thread says i think he is a great spaark for them. There is no way danny can create like lance does. I love danny but he finally can fill that robin role now!

Go pacers

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoomBaby33 For This Useful Post:

LETS GO GRANGER!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post: