Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 434

Thread: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

  1. #151
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I question that we are bottom 5. Is he going by viewers or by rating. A 2.4 rating in NYC is 10 times more viewers than a 2.4 rating in Indy. Viewers? sure we are probably close to bottom 5. Ratings? I doubt it, but I don't have the stats to prove one way or the other
    I agree with the sentiment that we need to find out. I'm not sure what study he was citing but it would be great if someone could track it down or post it if they already know.



    Sookie, the problem is that in Indiana it takes A LOT MORE WINNING to get fans on board. If Sacto, Charlotte, Memphis, Portland or Millwaukee had this team with it's current run, they'd be selling out a lot more games and would have a lot more attendance at this point.

    Speaking of Portland, I love the "well they don't have other sports entertainment options"...um, no kidding, they have a MASSIVE advantage in outdoors and cultural entertainment options which is far worse. Cowherd's point was "what the hell are you doing in Indianapolis in the winter because it's not like there are entertainment options around the block." He's right. We don't have the level of cinema or arts options that a lot of other cities have, and the fans not going to Pacers games aren't going to the ISO anyway. We don't have many good, non-strip mall style restaurants, which was his whole dig that when you come to Indy everyone says "you have to go to St. Elmos" because that's the end-all, be-all of "things to do in Indy besides the track". (personally I prefer Mo's and used to prefer Dunaways, but only hardcore downtown types know about them)

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  3. #152
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Why are you comparing Al Unser Jr. to Lance or any other Indianapolis athlete Seth lol. I doubt the average Hoosier would even consider Little Al a local anymore. The 500 is just a party now.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  5. #153
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Here is an article about the local TV ratings from last year - including playoffs.

    http://www.ibj.com/local-market-tune.../article/34539

    The Indiana Pacers grabbed the attention of a big chunk of the local TV market on Sunday, drawing nearly 10 times the audience they did for their regular-season games.

    After several years of struggles, the Pacers have packed Bankers Life Fieldhouse each of the last two home games in their second-round National Basketball Association playoff series with the Miami Heat, and television ratings are back to numbers not seen in years.

    Sunday’s game, which aired on WRTV-TV Channel 6, drew an 18.2 rating, according to New York-based Nielsen Media Research. That means about 195,200 central Indiana households tuned in. Nielsen reported that 36.1 percent of central Indiana households watching TV from 3:30 p.m. to just after 6 p.m. were tuned into the game, which the Pacers lost, 101-93.

    Those are numbers that rival viewership for Indianapolis Colts regular-season games.

    For the regular season, the Pacers averaged a 2.4 rating, or about 25,730 households on Fox Sports Indiana.

    As the team has improved the last two seasons, its TV ratings have been slowly building.

    This year’s regular-season ratings were up 12 percent over the 2010-2011 season, which was up 35 percent over the 2009-2010 season. The Pacers are one of a small handful of NBA teams that have seen double-digit TV-ratings increases the last two seasons.

    But Sunday’s audience was a giant leap.

    “Those were huge numbers for an NBA game,” said WRTV spokesman Paul Montgomery.

    The game helped WRTV beat its network-affiliate competitors on Sunday afternoon. During the same time slot, WISH-TV Channel 8 registered a 1.4 rating for the Byron Nelson Classic golf match and WTHR-TV Channel 13 scored a 0.1 rating in the local market for a National Hockey League playoff game, according to Nielsen.

    Local market tunes in Pacers playoff in 'huge' numbers

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  7. #154
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As for being rude and insulting, I find the initial spam posting very rude and insulting. And its very clear im not the only one. The fact that you as an admin and founder allow such when its not even coming from a poster or sportswriter etc is irresponsible in my eyes. But hey, thats me. You have gone to great lengths at times to keep the site clean.
    Oh man are you going to start talking about taking your grandkids for ice cream next?

  8. #155
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    The Colts get more rope to hang themselves with because of 2 things.

    1.) They won a lot more recently. Including that ever important championship.

    2.) It had nothing to do with helmets. It has everything to do with a roster of 53 vs. a roster of 14

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  10. #156
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    i dont think thats whats happening here...cause those people would usually just stay quiet...i know i would...so that leaves us with folks that are just flat out defiant....they say thyre fans and spend alot of time on the message board
    I agree. There does seem to be this underlying "you can't make me" attitude where they refuse to support the team. They cite the Reggie teams yet this team to me is just as likeable and so far less trouble (ahem GOLD CLUB...sorry Antonio and Reggie, but dang). So it's not really like they are waiting for another team like them. It's almost more like "I did my duty and went to games for a couple of years, so leave me alone".


    They are missing the fundamental point which is "um, we are really just trying to give you the chance to have some FUN". Sorry to bother you, thought you might like to get outside and see the sun a little.

  11. #157
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,473

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don't have many good, non-strip mall style restaurants
    That's simply not true. Indy has a "Chain City USA" reputation, and it certainly has a lot of chains as does any metro with 1 million plus residents, but there are a TON of unique, locally owned mom and pop type joints. You just have to know where to look. West 38th street has an incredible selection of ethnic restaurants (Ethiopian, Peruvian, Cuban, etc). There's that great Greek Islands on S. Meridian, as well as Santorini in Fountain Square. There is a Turkish place on S. East St near Lilly that is incredible. There's a Moroccan place just north of downtown. There's Kountry Kitchen on N. College. I could go on and on and on about unique little restaurants in Indy. Downtown is certainly filled with chains, but if you get away from downtown then you can find some great unique joints. The Indy restaurant scene is always improving.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 02-22-2013 at 03:27 PM.

  12. #158
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,311

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And as Cowherd points out the Colts have had more problems than the Pacers in total. When Mike Doss literally did the EXACT SAME THING as Jackson did at Rio (
    Actually the biggest problem was the Pacers were strapped with keeping players that get into trouble and the Colts had the advantage of cutting bait. It really is that simple. I can give you an example when Dungy was still coach. A certain player that had been drafted got cut within 3 days of camp starting. Wasn't cause he was hurt or playing bad in that short time. Nah, he was stupid enough to sneak a female into one of the camp residence halls and got caught during a bed check. Colts were nice and didn't kick him out at the time of discovery 1:10am. They had him packed up and gone by 6:30am.

    I reckon if the Pacers had the same parameters as the Colts things would be completely different. Fans probably don't even realize that and give the Colts the benefit of the doubt because the knuckle heads are usually gone within a years time while the Pacer get stuck with them.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  14. #159

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with the sentiment that we need to find out. I'm not sure what study he was citing but it would be great if someone could track it down or post it if they already know.



    Sookie, the problem is that in Indiana it takes A LOT MORE WINNING to get fans on board. If Sacto, Charlotte, Memphis, Portland or Millwaukee had this team with it's current run, they'd be selling out a lot more games and would have a lot more attendance at this point.

    Speaking of Portland, I love the "well they don't have other sports entertainment options"...um, no kidding, they have a MASSIVE advantage in outdoors and cultural entertainment options which is far worse. Cowherd's point was "what the hell are you doing in Indianapolis in the winter because it's not like there are entertainment options around the block." He's right. We don't have the level of cinema or arts options that a lot of other cities have, and the fans not going to Pacers games aren't going to the ISO anyway. We don't have many good, non-strip mall style restaurants, which was his whole dig that when you come to Indy everyone says "you have to go to St. Elmos" because that's the end-all, be-all of "things to do in Indy besides the track". (personally I prefer Mo's and used to prefer Dunaways, but only hardcore downtown types know about them)
    Yea, but those places don't have the history with the team that Indiana does.

    Prove that this team isn't "Miami's *****es" in the playoffs, and the fans will come.

    You could be right, and it could take more in Indiana. But this team hasn't been at a "great" level long enough for it to catch on.

    If the Pacers beat Miami in the playoffs, and still have an attendance issue, then I'll agree. But this team hasn't proven..to the casual fan..that it's great yet.

  15. #160
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Colts get more rope to hang themselves with because of 2 things.

    1.) They won a lot more recently. Including that ever important championship.

    2.) It had nothing to do with helmets. It has everything to do with a roster of 53 vs. a roster of 14
    I disagree with #2. The helmets is a major part of it. Most casual fans couldn't spot a non-star Colt if they saw them in public. Heck, we saw them at a hotel (we were at wedding) having the before game dinner (teams stay in hotels the night before games traditionally) and I was embarrassed that I was having trouble identifying some of the various DBs at one table (we were looking in through open door and waving - geek out).

    When Colts fans picture a typical player they picture the uniform, not his face.

    A lot of Colts players are able to go to Pacers games and go mostly unnoticed.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  17. #161
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    So if the football players didn't wear helmets you would be able to identify them on the street? I doubt it. There are A LOT of them.

    If you want to get down to the physical feature that makes most bball guys easy to recognize over a football players, it's not race, it's height.

    And again there are FIFTY THREE of them. When they stand on the sidelines, it is a giant mob. On a basketball bench, there is no place to hide. NBA guys could start wearing helmets tomorrow and they would still be easier to recognize.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  19. #162
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if the football players didn't wear helmets you would be able to identify them on the street? I doubt it. There are A LOT of them.

    If you want to get down to the physical feature that makes most bball guys easy to recognize over a football players, it's not race, it's height.

    And again there are FIFTY THREE of them. When they stand on the sidelines, it is a giant mob. On a basketball bench, there is no place to hide. NBA guys could start wearing helmets tomorrow and they would still be easier to recognize.
    You would have a much better chance, yes.

    Agreed on the height, though.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  20. #163
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Ok let's just slap helmets on the Pacers....sell outs....every night. I mean listen to yourselves lol.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  22. #164
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok let's just slap helmets on the Pacers....sell outs....every night. I mean listen to yourselves lol.
    I don't think we are arguing the same point, apparently. No one is saying that. But if you don't normally see a guy's face of course your chance of recognizing him on the street is much lower.

    But yes, I think Tyler should wear a helmet.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  24. #165
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    I honestly don't know.

    We like to act on here that the Pacers have been uber successful for so long and it's unbelievable people aren't back yet.

    No, not really.

    We were a .500 team that was first round fodder just two years ago. Who cares if we played hard, we were still first round fodder.

    Last year, we were good, but the league hurt us with the lock out. Don't think the lock out didn't turn off fans as well.

    This is really the FIRST year the Pacers are good and haven't had the NBA dicking around. Attendance is up. Season tickets are up. The signs are all positive.

    Marketing, race, ticket price, black, yellow, purple, orange, white, whatever.

    Just ****ing win, baby.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  26. #166
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea, but those places don't have the history with the team that Indiana does.

    Prove that this team isn't "Miami's *****es" in the playoffs, and the fans will come.

    You could be right, and it could take more in Indiana. But this team hasn't been at a "great" level long enough for it to catch on.

    If the Pacers beat Miami in the playoffs, and still have an attendance issue, then I'll agree. But this team hasn't proven..to the casual fan..that it's great yet.
    Sacto fans have MORE reason to hate the NBA thanks to the ref screw job vs the Lakers. Portland fans had the Jailblazers and haven't had any more WCF/Finals success than the Pacers have since 1994. Charlotte had an owner so horrible that they stopped going to games and begged for him to sell or leave town (Shinn). They are all small markets. All of them have had as much bad basketball in the last 5-6 years as Indy has. And they all would fill up games more right now. Sacto is fighting to keep their team and Portland fans are still going to games for a lesser team. Maybe Charlotte could be questioned, but having been to many games in the Hive when they had solid playoff teams I feel comfortable saying they'd pour into the arena for a Bobcats team that looked like these Pacers.

    And the point you are bringing up about "if they beat Miami" is my point. In Indianapolis the fans REFUSE to follow a team that won't 99% win it all. When the Colts were great but "were just going to lose in the playoffs" then you still had blackouts. The HOF players were on the team and playing well, but if you can't guarantee a happy ending then why bother. This was true for Pacers fans and the Knicks/Bulls. That's why it took 98-2000 to start filling up the arena. The back to back 7 games ECFs prior to that DID NOT GET SEASON SELL-OUTS going. Instead the comments were "yeah, but they'll just lose to ??? because it's all rigged for stars anyway".

    Chip on the shoulder, finger pointing, small town vs the world attitude with a touch of spoiled brat that refuses to try if he has to share.


    So yes, if they win 70 games and sweep the Heat on the way to a title then they'll sell out. But no other city of around the Indy size would need that level of success to get to the sell-out point. That's where Indy is different than Milwaukee or Cleveland or Portland. Those cities would eat up a 50 win, could shock someone team in a heartbeat. Mutumbo's 8th seed Nuggets had plenty of Denver love before shocking the Sonics. But in Indy the reaction even after the win would be (has been) "meh, they got lucky but it won't happen again". See the reaction to Harbaugh's Colts.

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  28. #167
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    We like to act on here that the Pacers have been uber successful for so long and it's unbelievable people aren't back yet.

    No, not really.

    Just ****ing win, baby.
    No, I act like fans should be loyal all the time despite the record, but I understand I'm in the minority there.

    I think we all agree that winning will bring people back.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  30. #168
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I act like fans should be loyal all the time despite the record, but I understand I'm in the minority there.

    I think we all agree that winning will bring people back.
    Well unfortunately, while I wish it was this way, it is not realistic.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  31. #169
    Member Pacemaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,900

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    May be bringing back the Flo-Jo's will help reminiscence those good old days and help bring back that long gone "fan base".

  32. #170
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well unfortunately, while I wish it was this way, it is not realistic.
    That's why I'm in the minority.

    Sidenote: A buddy was just over my shoulder and saw the Mario Kart in your sig and got very excited. I know what he's doing this weekend.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  33. #171
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,367

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Is it possible that this generation's Indiana basketball fans ( the LeDecision/KG/Kobe generation....which is different than the MJ/Bird/Magic/Reggie generation ) are just "Basketball Snobs" that only pay attention to the Big-Ticket Teams when it comes to NBA Professional Basketball?

    The proverbial "scales" were already tipped to the next generation where they were looking for a reason to simply "bail" on the Pacers.....and the Brawl and all the garbage that happened after that is used more as an excuse to just give up on the Team.

    NBA Basketball now ( for the common Basketball fan ) is as much about glitz and glamour across various Teams and Regions....compared to Basketball in previous generations that had the same but was limited more to Teams like the Celtics, Knicks and the Lakers.

    I will say this.....when I watch games this years....I see a lot of fans from various ages that see that this Team is different and can be better. Unfortunately, the Pacers will never have as fervent of a fanbase as the Warriors or even the Kings. It will require a very deep Playoff run to the ECF and beyond to get the fanbase to turn out and pay attention.

    But this goes back to what I was saying before.....sometimes I wonder if Indiana deserves an NBA Professional Team.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-22-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  34. #172
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we are arguing the same point, apparently. No one is saying that. But if you don't normally see a guy's face of course your chance of recognizing him on the street is much lower.

    But yes, I think Tyler should wear a helmet.
    And West. And based on how he played with a mask I think Roy could use a return to that style.

    I'm shocked Tyler hasn't had another concussion issue and I'm praying West isn't blind by the end of the year.




    Also Joe, you actually have a point that falls in line with my point. Less guys means more PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION. Fans aren't rooting for the jersey's, the mass of faceless "things" that smash into each other and could almost be replaced by robots without it changing what the game looked like. For the NBA fans are hyper-aware of who they are supporting, what they look like, what they sound like and what they wear.

    The NBA and NFL have somewhat similar makeups of culture, and the NFL has TONS of violent crime or some levels of criminal behavior every year (a dude just shot his g/f to death and other got in a DUI wreck that killed a teammate). But fans are much more aware of the WHO behind even the slightest misstep in the NBA.


    And like I said, look at how citizens reaction to the Al Unser Jr saga.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  36. #173
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    But the NBA is not because of race. It is because there are much less people. If Stephen Jackson the starting shooting guard for the Pacers shoots a gun in a club parking lot, it is going to get more attention than if special teamer occassional stop gap safety Mike Doss does it.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  37. #174
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,908

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we are arguing the same point, apparently. No one is saying that. But if you don't normally see a guy's face of course your chance of recognizing him on the street is much lower.

    But yes, I think Tyler should wear a helmet.
    True, but if you don't like the Pacers beacuse of their black players, do you really think those same people are going to like the Colts because they cant see their face through the helme?

    Racists are dumb, but I think they're smart enough to realize that a minority is still a minority even if they're wearing a hat.

  38. #175
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True, but if you don't like the Pacers beacuse of their black players, do you really think those same people are going to like the Colts because they cant see their face through the helme?

    Racists are dumb, but I think they're smart enough to realize that a minority is still a minority even if they're wearing a hat.
    I was just commenting on how noticeable they were, not their race.

    People like the Colts more because they have won more recently. That's the bottom line for me.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •