Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

Ok, I read another article of that David Anderson guy who wrote the article that the OP posted. The article was about the Nerlens Noel injury. He completely buries NBA and NFL for the age limit.

It's pretty clear that he doesn't like the NBA. At all.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That reply is more suiting to me, but that's his problem. That's how I live my life now, lets please move on.

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Lol...save the money for other things? based on your post the only thing you evidently are saving for is a papa johns pizza....someone so lazy and convenience oriented isnt likely to spend it on "anything else" worthwhile....and anyone that thinks the best seat in the house is in front of a 65 inch tv is living in denial....and likely is on their way to being a contestant on the biggest loser.
    Boy, I can't imagine why people would be reluctant to go sit next to quality Pacers fans such as yourself. If interaction with people like you and TinMan are what I'm missing by not going to games, I'll count myself lucky.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacers For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not sure if this was mentioned but 5 million dollars a year from our T.V. revenue is paid to the former owners of the formar St. louis ABA owners. So I don't believe our T.V. Deal is too lucarative anyway.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

The real problems with this kind of thing are problems for all teams in all sports. Cost of tickets plus cost of everything else that goes with it. The fact that you can watch ALL of the games at home on a TV that you bought for the same price as taking your family (who doesn't really want to go anyway) to ONE game.

The problem the Pacers have, is that this town used to LOVE the Pacers. But when the brawl happened, everyone scurried away and found other things to do with their income. They realized that they don't need to go to every/handful/ONE game every year. They found that they can watch their TV, follow the team, and still get to do whatever activity they found they could do with all the free time they had not following the team for four or five years.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    No, you were just being needlessly rude. That struck a nerve. If you can't make your point without being blatantly insulting, best not to post here.
    Oh contrare...this whole notion that alleged fans arent supporting the team is waht is striking a nerve. People want to believe u can sit at home and watch a team play and that makes you some sort of fan. And when some are saying no...not really..it strikes a nerve. Pacers and some of us are saying, hey, the Pacers have done their part now how bout a little help. To which they say no and get all bent out of shape. Because they know deep down the Pacers and some of us have a very good point. They should be doing more than what they are. Because they can and yet choose not to and make excuses as to why not. So if you cant stand the heat, dont go in the kitchen. As for being rude and insulting, I find the initial spam posting very rude and insulting. And its very clear im not the only one. The fact that you as an admin and founder allow such when its not even coming from a poster or sportswriter etc is irresponsible in my eyes. But hey, thats me. You have gone to great lengths at times to keep the site clean. Cant help but think if able saw it he would delete it. But maybe not. As i said. If a poster makes a post, then he can take the consequences. But all this has done has fueled some lameass's ego.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

When you grow up, you'll realize that there is no "real-fan" nerve there to be struck by hacks on the other side of the computer screen.

The Pacers should just respond only in a positive way, on TV and in the paper. Not begging, not whining, just excited and thankful. Something like

"There has been much media discussion about Pacers fan support and the resurgence of our young and talented team as they drive toward another playoff run. We are proud to report that our attendance this year is up XX%. We thank all of our fans and we invite all of you to come and experience Pacers basketball as we look to make this a legendary season!"
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers View Post
    The real problems with this kind of thing are problems for all teams in all sports. Cost of tickets plus cost of everything else that goes with it. The fact that you can watch ALL of the games at home on a TV that you bought for the same price as taking your family (who doesn't really want to go anyway) to ONE game.

The problem the Pacers have, is that this town used to LOVE the Pacers. But when the brawl happened, everyone scurried away and found other things to do with their income. They realized that they don't need to go to every/handful/ONE game every year. They found that they can watch their TV, follow the team, and still get to do whatever activity they found they could do with all the free time they had not following the team for four or five years.
    Then don't go to the games. I have no problem with that.

But don't talk **** about the Pacers just because you're still bitter over Tinsley and SJax. That's exactly what the writer of that article did.

PS: I want to make it pretty clear that my reply is aimed to the writer of the article and in no way, shape or form to you.
    Last edited by Nuntius; 02-22-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Its still cheaper than taking my family to watch a 3D movue
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LetsTalkPacers84 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Boy, I can't imagine why people would be reluctant to go sit next to quality Pacers fans such as yourself. If interaction with people like you and TinMan are what I'm missing by not going to games, I'll count myself lucky.
    Hey....anything u can come up with to help soothe your conscience for not supporting your team....you go right ahead and do it....we all need to find a way to sleep at night.

You're all crazy lucky to have the Pacers there. I'm a huge basketball fan, and a huge Pacers fan, and would have season tickets there.

But I'm in Arizona, and we have the Suns. I haven't even been to a Suns game, and have no interest in them. Perhaps it would be okay to see a decrepit JO, but the tickets here are MUCH higher than the Pacers, and the Suns are terrible.

I wish I had your problems. Go see a frickin game.
    Removed link to my website after a PM from Able.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notque For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    I find the initial spam posting very rude and insulting.
    What spam posting?

A poster wrote an article regarding the Pacers and fan attendance in a site. Being a PD poster (even if he's not a big time regular) he let us know. He did the right thing, imo.

Then a writer in that site posted a response to his article. Again, he let us know. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

As I am reading this thread and mulling about things that I have been seeing.
    We are all discussing a topic that is pointless. Attendance has been getting better and better all year long. I am seeing more and more games where fans are in standing room only seats. constant sellouts won't happen until we prove ourselves. Larry said it last year. "We have something to prove, and I kinda like it that way." We still do. Attendance becomes less of an issue as the season and success continue. Why is an entire forum ripping eachothers throats out about it now? The bandwagon is loading up and if we continue this trend the Pacers will be the hottest ticket in town again. I don't see the Colts being overly successful next year. So the cool thing to do will be to claim you are a lifelong Pacers fan and come tot he games in a Jermaine O'neal jersey you bought last time we were cool.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by notque View Post
    You're all crazy lucky to have the Pacers there. I'm a huge basketball fan, and a huge Pacers fan, and would have season tickets there.

But I'm in Arizona, and we have the Suns. I haven't even been to a Suns game, and have no interest in them. Perhaps it would be okay to see a decrepit JO, but the tickets here are MUCH higher than the Pacers, and the Suns are terrible.

I wish I had your problems. Go see a frickin game.
    So do you go see the Pacers when they play there?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I cannot get over these idiotic arguements centered around ticket price.

I've attended 4 games this season in the lower level. Total investment made? $120. FOR 8 TICKETS. (My wife went with me).

$90 minimum? GTFOH

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    So do you go see the Pacers when they play there?
    March 30th, I've been waiting all year for it. I have one opportunity to see them, I hope work doesn't make me travel during that time.

I've been waiting, all year. All frickin year. I've seen 95%+ of all Pacers games in the last 3 years on NBA LP, and haven't had a chance to catch a game yet.

EDIT: Actually, I have seen the Pacers live in the last 3 years, once in Indy when I flew back to see family, so that's partially a lie. I have caught a game, just not here.
    Last edited by notque; 02-22-2013 at 02:18 PM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notque For This Useful Post:

Last edited by Kstat; 02-22-2013 at 02:21 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by notque View Post
    March 30th, I've been waiting all year for it. I have one opportunity to see them, I hope work doesn't make me travel during that time.

I've been waiting, all year. All frickin year. I've seen 95%+ of all Pacers games in the last 3 years on NBA LP, and haven't had a chance to catch a game yet.
    Make sure you're decked out in Pacer gear so we can see ya on FSIN
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Make sure you're decked out in Pacer gear so we can see ya on FSIN
    Thanks man, I'm planning on buying tickets soon as I hear my work schedule at that point. I have been looking over tickets, and there are a pair center courtside row 3 I have my eye on.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    No, you were just being needlessly rude. That struck a nerve. If you can't make your point without being blatantly insulting, best not to post here.
    I'm stumped as to why that person hasn't been, at the very least, suspended from the site yet. These posts are completely common place for them.
    Grown Man Ball

32. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    As they should. I think taking out an full page ad in the Star, or some kind of campaign somewhere, saying they don't think they "deserve" your money, but are working hard towards putting a product worth your money would do some good.
    Blue Collar. Gold Swagger.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    I'm stumped as to why that person hasn't been, at the very least, suspended from the site yet. These posts are completely common place for them.
    Do what everyone else does. Block him from existence. You'd be surprised how much it improves the forum experience.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned but 5 million dollars a year from our T.V. revenue is paid to the former owners of the formar St. louis ABA owners. So I don't believe our T.V. Deal is too lucarative anyway.
    They do not pay 5M! They pay 1/7 of the TV revenue provided to them by the league. So, they get to keep over 85% of the TV revenues. Not 100%, but certainly not chump change, either.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

When you grow up, you'll realize that there is no "real-fan" nerve there to be struck by hacks on the other side of the computer screen.
    Lol...ok...ill keep that in mind...thank you. Though Im fraid your previous comments obviously disprove such. But again...whatever it takes for you to sleep at nite, by all means.