Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Might be true, but he's a lot closer to the average person than we are or there wouldn't be a need to have these discussions.
    The average person in Indiana is like that?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I totally agree. Also, the new big screen billboard negates the problem of not being able to see as well from the balcony.
    True, but it begs the question: Why pay and drive to watch the game on a big screen TV in my seat when I can do the same thing for 'free' in my living room?

I understand that BLF is a great venue, but that may not be as big of a deal to some people. I'm in the middle on it myself.

*edit*

And by the way, this brings me back to what I was talking about with others in another thread: The noise and non-basketball stuff at the games.

Frankly, each year I come to hate it more. So much so that if I didn't love the Pacers, I probably wouldn't go to games, either. I know there's a market that likes that stuff, but I think there's an equally sized market (or if not equal, then let's just say a significant one) that does not at all. I get real tired of the constant jukebox / being almost yelled at.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

By the way, I want to echo something I said the other day about this whole topic:

The bottom line is that people who want to be there will find excuses to be there, and people who do not want to be there will find excuses to not be there.

And I think the Pacers should market themselves as a good product they are proud of, try to show why, and not worry about encouraging people to show up so much (ie 'Come and see us!' or whatnot). Just demonstrate the quality, and move on. Make the commercials a love letter to the team and the product versus an attempt at wooing people. I would also stop giving away tickets left and right and having super sales left and right. At this point it just makes the product look cheap, IMO. I mean if a car salesman offered me a new car at 70% discount, I would be extremely skeptical as to why he's going to such lengths to basically give the car away.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    The average person in Indiana is like that?
    If people didn't think like that, then there wouldn't be an attendance issue. The Indy metro area might be small, but it's still about a million people. BLF only holds less than 20,000 people. It takes less than 2% of the population to fill it. If that wasn't the predominate attitdue, then more would be going.

This isn't an Indiana thing. This issue impacts the vast majority of teams. The NBA said 75% of teams were losing money. The Pacers aren't in a unique situaiton.

EDIT: Math is a bit fuzzy this morning. It would really be less than 0.2% of the population.
    Last edited by Since86; 02-22-2013 at 10:33 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This writer doesn't seem like much of a fan to me so much as one of the casual observers. Clearly hasn't seen the giant screen they've installed that makes even the highest nosebleeds seem like you're watching an HD television set in your living room with a much better atmosphere.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mac_Daddy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    And I've fallen into the trap as well, but here we are again with a fan who is clearly on the fence about coming back fully and we all are calling him an idiot, etc. I'm just as guilty as the next guy, but like I said in another thread, our best way to convert people like this is to get their butt in the building and let them see Paul George do Paul George things in person. They need to see Lance get the rebound and start bursting up court like a run away freight train. And then they need to see David West just be a bad mother.....

The point is, all us die hards, should take on ourselves to be ambassadors, not dicks. Like I said I'm just as guilty because I called his argument about single digit draft picks completely moronic.
    But that was a terrible point to try to make. We had Reggie in the '90s, and if they'd pay attention we've got a legit star on the team now. We've not been "stuck in mediocrity" that long. For about 6 years we were, but we're not still there.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Mood

As they should. I think taking out an full page ad in the Star, or some kind of campaign somewhere, saying they don't think they "deserve" your money, but are working hard towards putting a product worth your money would do some good.

I don't think guilting people into attending games is really going to do the trick. I would imagine it actually creates some animosity.
    I'd like to see the ads all be loveletters to the team and also a bit of pointing to the scoreboard, so to speak. Express the passion people have for the team, show off the excitement and the winning and the talent, and let the public figure it out from there.

On the pricing front, one thing that sucks for PS&E marketing is they can't throw in a line like, "And if you go to stubhub, sit in the lower level for just $40! (or whatever)" They can only show off retail prices or their own sales.

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    *Warning: I'm going to ramble on as I re-read the guy's article and respond bit by bit with the thoughts that come to me at the time*

I think it's fair for people to just not be that into the team. Regardless of the reason, that's perfectly valid in and of itself to simply not care about the team (much).

The first question I have is, "Was he ever really here?" He says, "I know you want me back," but it's hard to tell when he left in the first place (and if he was ever here at all).

I'm not sure what he means by the NBA having the best talent yet 'not always the best showcase for it.'

I think it's completely legit to prefer the atmosphere of a game at IU to a game at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. There's a lot I don't like about the experience of an NBA game with regards to the environment (too much noise, too often, usually a little too loud, all of the stuff that placates kiddies and families that I don't care about, it's almost a non-stop barrage of noise pollution).

Ditto for a good high school crowd (I'm spoiled because I grew up here in New Castle, in that regard).

I think there's some truth to the Pacers not being the only game in town. If the Colts didn't exist I think you would see more people giving us a look.

I get where he's coming from as well with regards to when fans try to tell non fans what they should do. I am a big fan James Cameron movies (particularly his first handful), but I don't go around insisting 'outsiders' go watch James Cameron movies, for example. Granted, his flicks don't have nearly the same financial problems as the Pacers. But regardless, these folks are NOT OBLIGATED to care about the Pacers. My only beef with outsiders is when they say a bunch of ******** that isn't true (like the team being comprised of thugs and that kind of crap).

He then goes on to talk about selling out to corporations and the increased cost of tickets. It's hard for me to comment because I wasn't buying tickets prior to Conseco Fieldhouse (if I went to a game, someone was taking me back then). But I can say that as someone who has limited income, it's a big deal to invest in a lower level seat. I'm spoiled because I have friends who will invite me to sit with them in those locations, but if I didn't have that I would always be either in the balcony or at home with my budget. The closest I could ever imagine sitting on my own dime would be the fan zones in sections 19, 20, 1, & 2, but doing so would be a BIG bite for me.

This brings me to Stubhub. People love to bring up stubhub. Personally, I've never used it. For whatever reason it never seemed attractive to me. I'm also not sure that everybody is aware of its existence. A lot are, but I'd guess a lot more than that are not. If they do use it, does that really make the Pacers any happier? I don't see why it would beyond the appearance of a bigger crowed because those tickets are all being RESOLD, are they not? So it's not making them any more money in that regard (though, yes, anyone who comes and then buys food or merchandise still adds something). Don't get me wrong, stubhub sounds like a fair counter point to make to those who complain about prices, but it's not perfect, and it does nothing to change the fact that a lot of people are going to simply go directly through the team to buy tickets, and yes those prices are relatively not cheap unless you're fine with sitting somewhere in the balcony.

This brings me to his point about HDTV. Sorry, but I totally get this part, too. I've been a huge fan since 1998, but I've always been perfectly happy watching the games on TV. I go to games because I have friends there, I like that I'm supporting the team, and I like feeling like 'a member of the club' as a STH, but at the same time I spent years and years rarely making the trip to Indy because I never had a problem watching on TV. And that was how I felt back when it was SD on a 21" TV, let alone now on a 42" in HD. Every once and a while I just don't feel like driving over (takes me about 45 minutes or so), and in those cases I'm perfectly content to just hit the living room for the game. So I get that.

And, again, depending on your level of disposable income, it's TREMENDOUS bang for your buck to just stay home and watch FSN Indiana, relative to attending games, let alone all/most of them. MUCH cheaper and still extremely satisfying.

Now, he lost me with his bit about the cost of taking his family to the game is the same he could have spent on buying a new TV. That was ridiculous IMO.

I don't claim to know all of the math, but I suspect there's truth to the point that it's the TV revenue (league wide) that matters a lot more to the league than having perfect / 95+% attendance matters. Especially the national TV deals.

Jumping to the part about tax dollars, frankly, I tend to side with the tax payer on this. I think professional sports in general (at least what little I know about how it works with the NFL and the NBA, anyway) push their luck with the public funds they ask for. I know they argue that they make the city money, but it seems like people manage to come up with numbers that prove/disprove that depending on their opinion, so I'm decidedly UNdecided on that front. But that's not my main point here, it's this: If I don't care about a given pro sports team in my town, I sure as hell don't like the idea that I'm helping to pay for it. Especially if my city's economy isn't that great. So I think there's valid reason to not be thrilled here, too.

Then he just goes into Stupidville with the bit about where our draft picks are, so enough said there. Nothing we haven't talked about ad nauseum here before.

Then we get to the frontrunner stuff. It's hard for a Pacer fan to imagine, I think, but they can acknowledge that there are plenty of fans of sports out there who get more pleasure out of rooting for winners than rooting for one particular jersey year in and year out. They get more pleasure out of seeing greatness (wherever it happens to be playing that year) and cheering it on than hitching their wagon to one horse forever. And you know what? I'm fine with that. It's not my call or my place to tell them what to appreciate or how to enjoy sports. I even think I can see the appeal myself, to be honest. I've made my bed with the Pacers, but it doesn't mean I don't have appreciation for the great players out there, too. I can easily imagine a world where I would just support greatness and leave it at that. That's not how it ended up, but it could have. At least for me.

But that's not exactly what he's arguing, is it? No, he seems to be making the argument that he's not rooting for someone else's team, he's merely refusing to root for THIS team until IT IS THE GREATNESS. Even the fact that we are damn good right now, we're not greatness, thus he's not buying. I really don't know what to say to him about that. If it's "The Pacers are the best team in the league" or bust, then I guess the bottom line is 99% of the time you won't ever care about the Pacers.

He says we're "LeBron's bitch". I'd be lying if I said I had no idea what he's talking about, but that's still hyperbolic and frankly may not be a defensible position at all in a few months (call it a homer hunch, if you must, but I think I'm being objective to see a great chance to shock a lot of people). Regardless, I can see why outsiders would assume this is fact given the sports culture we live in (it's ESPN's world). Although his point about Vegas isn't easily dismissible IMO. People don't eff around where their wallets are concerned.

He ain't wrong about the refs blowing Wade and James, though. That part gets infuriating to me. It's the closest I come to throwing in the towel myself with the NBA entirely, to be honest. Garbage.

His closing bit about 'let's just be friends' is a fair place to be. Just because someone makes an awesome dessert doesn't mean it's one you prefer to eat.
    This. Very thoughtful and well-written response, and I agree with just about all 2,000ish words of it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

True, but it begs the question: Why pay and drive to watch the game on a big screen TV in my seat when I can do the same thing for 'free' in my living room?

I understand that BLF is a great venue, but that may not be as big of a deal to some people. I'm in the middle on it myself.

*edit*

And by the way, this brings me back to what I was talking about with others in another thread: The noise and non-basketball stuff at the games.

Frankly, each year I come to hate it more. So much so that if I didn't love the Pacers, I probably wouldn't go to games, either. I know there's a market that likes that stuff, but I think there's an equally sized market (or if not equal, then let's just say a significant one) that does not at all. I get real tired of the constant jukebox / being almost yelled at.
    People do at at Redskins games all the time. By suite level boxes, then sit on the chairs and watch the games inside next to the bars and resturants.

I dont get it. I would rather save the money and watch it on my bigscreen.

By I love the atmosphere of the game....maybe I am not the norm

On topic, I feel we are beating a dead horse. I appreciate hearing "others" opinions, but good lord I hate the argument about draft picks.

As others have said, win and let the chips fall where they may (for this year at least)

billbradley

Not that into you? Don't worry about it Pacers, the ex always comes crawlin' back.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

If people didn't think like that, then there wouldn't be an attendance issue. The Indy metro area might be small, but it's still about a million people. BLF only holds less than 20,000 people. It takes less than 2% of the population to fill it. If that wasn't the predominate attitdue, then more would be going.

This isn't an Indiana thing. This issue impacts the vast majority of teams. The NBA said 75% of teams were losing money. The Pacers aren't in a unique situaiton.

EDIT: Math is a bit fuzzy this morning. It would really be less than 0.2% of the population.
    I see. If that's the attitude of the common folk in Indiana then I'm just disappointed

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So I can emotionally and financially invest in you now and be rewarded in May by watching Joey Crawford treat. Letís be frank: you are regular-season programming and playoff fodder.
    Sounds more like Peyton Manning and the Colts if you ask me...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

I see. If that's the attitude of the common folk in Indiana then I'm just disappointed
    I'm not sure why you keep relegating this to only Indiana.

By the way, I want to echo something I said the other day about this whole topic:

The bottom line is that people who want to be there will find excused to be there, and people who do not want to be there will find excuses to not be there.

And I think the Pacers should market themselves as a good product they are proud of, try to show why, and not worry about encouraging people to show up so much (ie 'Come and see us!' or whatnot). Just demonstrate the quality, and move on. Make the commercials a love letter to the team and the product versus an attempt at wooing people. I would also stop giving away tickets left and right and having super sales left and right. At this point it just makes the product look cheap, IMO. I mean if a car salesman offered me a new car at 70% discount, I would be extremely skeptical as to why he's going to such lengths to basically give the car away.
    I agree completely. I actually practiced this in my own line of work. I manage an apartment community and up for about 2 years the manager previous to me had all sorts of specials and discounts thinking it would help occupancy. Well it not only wasn't helping occupancy, but the occupants we were getting weren't exactly the creme of the crop. With the rents as low as they were, it made our place look cheap. People don't want something cheap, they want something in their price range that they can rely on. Once I took over the property, I immediately stopped offering any specials, and I raised the monthly rents on all of our floor plans by $25/month. Within 2 months we started seeing a positive difference. Since then our sales are up significantly and have stayed up for the past 18 months, and our occupancy has never dipped below 94% but is routinely around 96-98% (it was down to 82% when I took over).

If you promote it as cheap, people assume there's a reason for that.
    Grown Man Ball

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

RLeWorm

Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post
    I'm not even a little bit upset at this guys response. Again everyone has their reasons for attending/not attending a Pacers game. I mean I live in south Florida and I'd kill to be able to make it up to a game at BLF. I also attend all the games they play in Miami every year, but I wasn't going to this year since the tickets are butt **** expensive until my girl surprised me with tickets for christmas. I'd like to think if I moved up to Indiana that I would aim to purchase season tickets and this is solely due to not having the opportunity to experience Pacers basketball live in the town where they are loved instead of here where I am pretty much threatened by Heat fans to get my *** kicked lol.
    Same here! Live in South Florida and i wish i could go to a Pacers game. Especially if they got cheap *** tickets? I know i'm gonna be at BLF one day thats for sure

Lets face it, no matter how big a fan of the Pacers some are they just aren't going to come to the games, myself included. I can sit in a 20 X 20 family room in front of a 65" TV, and go to the kitchen for whatever I want to get to eat or drink whenever I feel like it, and still cheer my Pacers on to victory. I haven't missed a game this season, yet I haven't been to a Pacers game since MSA.

I have never been to a Colts game, nor do I have any inclination to do so. I wasn't excited about when Hudnut brought the Colts into Indy during the dead of night, nor when they won the Super Bowl. I couldn't even tell you who their running back is, but I can tell you who the Bears running back b4 Gale Sayres was... never been to a Bears game either. I can tell you who both qtrbacks names were the years the Bears won the Super Bowls. I've been to 2 IU BB games, 1 Purdue BB game, and zero Butler games since moving to the Indy area decades ago. IIRC, the last time I was at Hinkle to see a BB game was 1963 to see the IN-KY Boys Allstar BB game. The last HS BB game I was at was a semi-state game to watch my alma mater play 5 or more years ago with the enticement of relatives.

After saying all that, I can say w/o a doubt I have more Pacers fandom than relatives, neighbors, and people I know. My point is not everyone has a desire to attend games of their favorite team, and it doesn't make them less of a fan of their favorite team. We are a society of convenience, and it's more convenient for the majority of local Pacers fans to stay home, save their money for other things, and watch the Pacers play on tv in the comfort of their home while sitting in the best seat in the house. Attending Pacer games just isn't a priority for the average person, and unfortunately for the Pacers that's just the way it is.

Sports Logo

I'm not sure why you keep relegating this to only Indiana.
    I'm not from the USA, my friend. I don't know how things are over there. As such, I am in no position to compare Indiana to any other state. And frankly I don't want to know about any other state.

I only want to know about Indiana. That's the state that my Pacers play in.

And as I said my problem is not with the attendance. It's with the attitude.

Does the common folk of Indiana believe that we are LeBron's bithces?

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Does the common folk of Indiana believe that we are LeBron's bithces?

I don't know about that. I'm saying that the average person thinks that there are better ways to spend their money than to go watch an NBA game live. Especially when money is tight for most people due to the economy.

I see many of you are saying it is just as good to stay home and watch on my large screen HDTV. Sure it saves time and money. But something I don't believe anyone has brought up that works in favor of going to see a game in person. When I see a game in person, I get a much better feel for what is going on, who is good, who isn't, what the teams are trying to do. Sure it makes a difference where you sit in the fieldhouse but being there in person allows you to experience the technical aspects of the game at a completely more advanced level .

I have used this as examples. Seeing John Stockton on TV was one thing. But seeing him in person brought a whole different level of appreciation for him. I could see just how good he was, the angles of his passes, his overall game. On TV you cannot appreciate the size and speed of Lebron - I could make a long list of similar type stuff.

Watching a game on TV is like going to a high school freshman class, seeing a game in person is like going to a college graduate class.

Having said all that, you don't have to go to every game, you can get enough of a feel from TV that is more than justifies staying home. But I do believe you get a much fully feel for the game in person. And I am just talking about the actual basketball, not the crowd, or atmosphere. there is a reason why teams pay good many to send their scouts to attend games in person
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-22-2013 at 11:05 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I see many of you are saying it is just as good to stay home and watch on my large screen HDTV. Sure it saves time and money. But something I don't believe anyone has brought up that works in favor of going to see a game in person. When I see a game in person, I get a much better feel for what is going on, who is good, who isn't, what the teams are trying to do. Sure it makes a difference where you sit in the fieldhouse.

I have used this as examples. Seeing John Stockton on TV was one thing. But seeing him in person brought a whole different level of appreciation for him. I could see just how good he is, the angles of his passes, his overall game. On TV you cannot appreciate the size and speed of Lebron - I could make a long list.

Watching a game on TV is like going to a high school freshman class, seeing a game in person is like going to a college graduate class.

Yeah, but you sit in the lower level don't you? I certainly agree with you that you pick up on things in the lower level that you wouldn't at home. The problem though is that you pick up on less things in the balcony than you do at home on your shinny HDTV.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 02-22-2013 at 11:16 AM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Lets face it, no matter how big a fan of the Pacers some are they just aren't going to come to the games, myself included.
    That's perfectly understandable, Justin.

I call myself an Olympiacos fan but I have only attended an Olympiacos game once in my life. And that was with my father when I was young. And it was football not basketball. And I don't even like football.

Honestly, I'm not a big sports fan. I cannot fault anyone for not going to games. That's why my problem is not with the attandance. It's with the mentality that this writer displayed.

Luckily, you don't have that mentality. Neither do I. This mentality has nothing to do with whether one goes to games or not. It has to do with some people paying attention and caring and other people not giving a damn.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

As they should. I think taking out an full page ad in the Star, or some kind of campaign somewhere, saying they don't think they "deserve" your money, but are working hard towards putting a product worth your money would do some good.

I don't think guilting people into attending games is really going to do the trick. I would imagine it actually creates some animosity.
    \

I understand what you are propsing, but how many people even get or read the Indy Star anymore? Is there a better media way than the Star to do it?

Sports Logo

I'm saying that the average person thinks that there are better ways to spend their money than to go watch an NBA game live. Especially when money is tight for most people due to the economy.
    That's perfectly understandable. As I said, my problem is not if people go to games or not.

It's the other stuff that he said.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

The flat screen in the basement is not the only competition for the Pacers in their quest to sell tickets.

For those pointing out that cheap tickets can be purchased from StubHub and other sources outside the Pacers / Ticketmaster, that has always been the case and always will be the case.

Keep in mind, though, that those sources keep pounding on the "attendance" figures shown by the Pacers franchise, and undermines its' pricing power (ability to sell tickets at a typical NBA pricing level that is designed into the league business model).

Those cheap tickets are already being counted as having been sold to others prior to the final sale to those who actually attend the games. They also compete against the Pacers ability to sell additional tickets (both season tickets and single game tickets) for somewhere near a decent price for those who are willing to spend the money and time it takes to attend games.

It is also true that all professional sports franchises face this same competition.

However, larger markets have an inherently larger demand for a relatively finite pool of "secondary market" tickets. Given that the law of supply and demand shows that higher demand for any good / service with a set amount of supply always yields a higher price, those tickets will be more expensive than what we see in Indy. Then, the price difference between the "secondary market" tickets and the franchises selling additional tickets becomes significantly less, leaving the franchises in better position to sell additional tickets that actually count toward attendance figures. In fact, given a relatively small difference, I suggest that some people would have an aversion towards buying secondary market tickets due to not being completely sure that the tickets being presented are valid tickets instead of fakes, giving the franchises in larger markets yet another advantage.

Also, StubHub and e-mail ticket transfers from friends, family, and businesses are far more trustworthy sources for cheap / free tickets than used to be available from scalpers. Why would lots of us NOT look to those types of sources first? Also, there really is no sense of urgency to purchase tickets for regular season games because there are so many of them, and this drives the price of most average matchups down in the secondary market also. This diminishes the perceived value of any given Pacers ticket for most games, and may well contribute to people simply not bothering to purchase at all regardless of the source.

Why, in a building with good to great views of the action from virtually any seat in the house, would people care about having a consistent seat for every game? Relationships / friendships with other STH's do develop, and that is one thing that even I miss about not being a STH at this point. There also is something comforting about consistent expectations being met from having an identical viewpoint of all games. Otherwise, in virtually all cases, identical or better experiences are available for less money for those who do not commit to being in the same seat for every game that they attend, whether it be from the Pacers directly or from the secondary market.

In most businesses, customers are rewarded for loyalty and repeat business. The current NBA / Pacers business model actually discourages it, which ends up really damaging ticket sales in my opinion.

I believe that the Pacers should possibly consider something radical, which would at first alienate cheap ticket purchasers and damage the actual "butts in seats" more than it would attendance figures. I think that there should be some sort of a buyback guarantee by the franchise, wherein a STH has the option to "sell" their tickets back to the franchise (actually credit for their accounts) for a percentage of face value that increases as the level fan committment and loyalty increases. That would provide a fairly stable floor for the perceived value of the tickets, and an increased willingness of core fans / businesses to commit to purchasing season tickets. It would also lower the amount of tickets that are held by scalpers of any given game, thereby reducing the competition against the Pacers efforts to increase its attendance figures.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I consider myself a big Pacers fan. When they were bad, we went to a lot of games mainly because we could get cheap lower level tickets. Now, good luck with that, it's about 60-90 bucks to sit behind the goal in 1 or 20 according to what I've seen on StubHub. I'm like a lot of the average fans, I have two kids, although not old enough to go yet, I am not going to pay 10-15 bucks (or cheaper) to sit in the balcony. If i'm going, I'm sitting club or lower. I'd much rather stay at home and watch it on my HD tv than pay to go sit in the balcony. TV contracts run sports, not attendance. Attendance is used as a crutch to move teams IMO. Personally, I think the Pacers are missing the boat BIG TIME on the club level seats. If balcony tickets are at most 25 bucks (not sure on that) I think they could price club at 30-40 instead of the 110 some sections are.

Another thing I consider a hinderance. The games start at 7:00, most get off work at 5:00, by the time I go home, change really quick, and leave with my wife, it's about 6:45 before we get to the game. I'd think even a 7:30 start time would help out some.

@Pacers24Colts12