Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 434

Thread: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

  1. #351
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This state cares about basketball and if you think it doesn't then your a step out of reality. There are many, many, many reasons that people doesn't go to ball games and especially losing clubs in any sport. We can set here and hash out all the reasons valid or not in whoever's eyes. But at the end of the day those reasons are more valid then some realize or want to admit.

    Just put a product on the floor that is worth peoples money and time and they will come.
    Other communities would have taken less time to recognize the quality of the Pacers NBA product. Just like IU fans aren't waiting for Crean to win 3 big 10 titles or make a Final 4 to sell the joint out. This coming off of just as many miserable and scandal filled seasons.


    Here's my problem with all the Hoosier chest thumping as basketball fans.

    If you visit other cities, other arenas or even live in other places you quickly realize Indiana is NOT some great unique leader. There is an image cultivated on years of IU greatness and a love of HS basketball and the greatest sports movie ever made. But if you think you are going to sit down in Oracle and have fans with less knowledge or passion for the sport, you're wrong.

    I went to several games in The Hive and despite UNC, Duke and a general hotbed of non NBA basketball, they loved their NBA team too. The team that never made a Finals. They turned on Shinn, not the team.


    There's this idea that when you touch down in Indy it's noticeably different than it is when you touch down in San Antonio or LA or Sacto or DC. It isn't. NYC isn't just a bigger city, it's not as simple as that. They have a massive passion for basketball that's on par with Indiana. Or better put they have communities the size of Indy that have as much or more passion for the sport. Maybe in Manhattan it's not that way, but in Queens or the Bronx perhaps or some other sub-section that is basically it's own city/region? NYC is big because it's 8 cities smashed together, but at least one of those cities loves ball just as much as we do.

    The freaking Carrier Dome just hosted the largest on-campus crowd in NCAA history, so I think upstate NY even enjoys ball just a tiny bit.



    You can't judge yourself without taking a good look at others to really know where you stand.




    And this is an IU city/state, period. What's funny about that is that Bob Knight NEVER did anything to embarrass the school or fanbase, never choked a kid, never used poo to make a point, and never got bounced out of the tourney early or failed to meet expectations. IU never had any non-basketball issues, never had a tampering scandal, never had periods of less than stellar play...you know, all the things that people cite as reasons to not watch the Pacers. But the Pacers are only on their 3rd season of good basketball, it takes time....way more time than IU has been back, but ignore that because it doesn't count and Bob Knight yay!



    Local fans have an IMAGE of what IU ball is (or Butler since they started winning) and they are in love with that image. Because of that love they ignore all the warts. And because they don't love the Pacers they point to the same warts and complain and justify. I think the image was built mostly on 2 decades of elite level winning with Knight, not just good but one of the top 5 programs in the country. UNC, Duke, KY and Kansas level of good. So sure, if the Pacers go on a Bulls decade with 6 titles, fans will be made and stick. But that doesn't make the community more savvy.

    You have to earn the right to claim this basketball passion. If you are going to HS games every Friday night then you are building a rep of HS passion, but not "all things basketball" passion. If you aren't interested in watching THIS team by this point then you do not have a passion for the sport or very high awareness. National basketball fans, the passionate journalists who cover the game or former players who love the game are all excited about seeing the Pacers play. So if you aren't then it clearly implies that you have less passion or less savvy then those die-hard non-Indy citizens.

    How are Cowherd or Rusillo or Barkley more interested in the Pacers than some "basketball lover" in Brownsburg or Greencastle? Local "basketball fans" are getting their butts kicked by national basketball fans for space on their own local team's bandwagon. It makes me ashamed, but it makes those not on the wagon just more DEFIANT. Now people want to not like the Pacers just to prove some point, some "don't tell me what to like" point. If that's more important to you than seeing great basketball at the best price in town (sorry, did you donate 50000 to IU for a good seat? Didn't think so) then you are NOT a basketball fan.




    For the younger fans let me tell you, we had low attendance back in the 90's also. But you know what the difference between now and then is? Back then the small group of die-hards had a chip on their shoulder because the NATIONAL media wouldn't recognize our team. By the time the national people came around, even the casual local fans had gotten on-board and were annoyed by the lack of national coverage too.

    Now we have just the opposite, you have tons of national love and a bunch of locals telling them to mind their own business.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 02-24-2013 at 03:11 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  3. #352
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think thats why magic Johnson was so popular. I think I speak for everyone here when I saw a 6'9" black man going behind his back and throwing no look passes, it was like looking in a mirror.
    I'm pretty sure it was Magic and somebody else...

  4. #353
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,956

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty sure it was Magic and somebody else...
    Oh, right. We had a 6'9" white guy going behind the back and throwing no look passes for the rest of us to relate to...

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  6. #354
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, right. We had a 6'9" white guy going behind the back and throwing no look passes for the rest of us to relate to...
    A non athletic white guy from an small town in indiana, yep nothing to relate to....

  7. #355
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,939

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Didn't we have a 6'9 white guy from indiana throwing no look passes a few years ago? maybe he was 6'10.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  8. #356
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,611

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Guys Kstat is from Michigan, he's talking about what relates to him. Of course we had Bird, but that is why he is talking about Magic.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  10. #357
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,193

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of people prefer college over the NBA (specially in Indiana) because college basketball reminds people of the "good all times", there is a reason why Hoosiers is one of the must watched movies of all times.

    College also gives people things they can related to, almost every college team(except Kentucky?) has one or two non athletic white guys, those guys make a lot of people think "I can do that".

    Compare that to the NBA and is not even close, I mean who is going to related to a guy like Lebron James? or Dwight Howard? those guys are freak of nature they don't make you think "I can do that", relating to players has a lot to do with attendance in my opinion.


    Just my two cents
    I don't believe that has anything to do with it. It's expensive, alright?

  11. #358
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,464

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now people want to not like the Pacers just to prove some point, some "don't tell me what to like" point.
    Well said. This is the vibe I'm getting from the article quoted by the OP, from the comments on recent Indystar attendance articles, etc.

  12. #359
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,956

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A non athletic white guy from an small town in indiana, yep nothing to relate to....
    Non athletic? I thought we were talking about Larry bird...were you referring to Steve Alford?
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-24-2013 at 04:47 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  14. #360

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    [QUOTE=Naptown_Seth;1594574]

    that features Calipari "magically" recruiting entire classes of NBA talent every year. He doesn't even work against a cap because the under the table money has no cap./QUOTE]



    YOU DO HAVE PROOF, RIGHT? If so, have you sent it to the NCAA?

    It's comments like this from so called "highly intelligent people" that is extremely distrubing to me. You just slandered Calipari and the University of Kentucky with what I'm guessing are assumptions with no valid proof.

    Personally, I don't know if what you're saying is true or not, but I'm smart enough not to make/put "under the table payment" accusations like this in print. What your beliefs are is one thing, but putting proofless accusations of payments in print in another. If you don't care for Calipari and U of Kentucky that's fine, but making unsubstantiated accusations against both is another. It's one thing to do some IU/Purdue ribbing, but this is way overboard.

    Personally, I'm saddened to see such comments allowable on a quality forum like PD. JMOAA

  15. #361
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,994

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Compare that to the NBA and is not even close, I mean who is going to related to a guy like Lebron James? or Dwight Howard? those guys are freak of nature they don't make you think "I can do that", relating to players has a lot to do with attendance in my opinion.
    Relating to someone has nothing to do with athleticism. Relating to someone has everything to do with experiences, feelings and circumstances.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #362
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think thats why magic Johnson was so popular. I think I speak for everyone here when I saw a 6'9" black man going behind his back and throwing no look passes, it was like looking in a mirror.
    I feel ya. Haters gonna hate, but damn I was good.

    And for the record I say with great pride that I grew up a Magic/Lakers fan and really, really loathed Bird and the Celtics. The dude's nickname was Magic. I was a Purdue kid, and where the hell is Terre Haute. Showtime, and Jabbar in Airplane and these dudes are just cool as s***.



    The reason I like The Black Keys is because I think "yeah, I could pretty much maybe write that song and then kill it while I sang along". The reason why I like Raphael paintings is because my dining room wall work is so similar. Hemingway, obviously I could have totally been him.



    Sarcam attack set aside, don't we admire greatness period for the pure joy of it? To me that pinnacle greatness is as alien as what the person doing it looks like (sounds like, etc). I mean isn't MLK one of the top all-time, all-inspirational Americans? Or Jackie Rob? I hate the Dodgers and love Robinson.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 02-24-2013 at 05:03 PM.

  17. #363
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    YOU DO HAVE PROOF, RIGHT? If so, have you sent it to the NCAA?

    It's comments like this from so called "highly intelligent people" that is extremely distrubing to me. You just slandered Calipari and the University of Kentucky with what I'm guessing are assumptions with no valid proof.

    Personally, I don't know if what you're saying is true or not, but I'm smart enough not to make/put "under the table payment" accusations like this in print. What your beliefs are is one thing, but putting proofless accusations of payments in print in another. If you don't care for Calipari and U of Kentucky that's fine, but making unsubstantiated accusations against both is another. It's one thing to do some IU/Purdue ribbing, but this is way overboard.

    Personally, I'm saddened to see such comments allowable on a quality forum like PD. JMOAA
    Yeah, because I'm the only one to insinuate or suspect it, no NCAA program has ever been busted for this, no documentaries have ever been done on this, and it only applies to Calipari. Also the Rose SAT thing was never exposed, just something I pulled out of my rear.

    Back off the man-love for Calipari and just understand the general point, or are you really going to make me do the research list of all the PROVEN NCAA scandals to make the point just so you can say "Shut up about John C, dude is clean, the rest are the cheaters, his player classes aren't similar in patterns to other sketchy programs and just leave him alone...LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!"


    The holier than though thing plays false to me as well. Saddened? That I've ever heard any sports news ever? That I ever saw the SMU 30 for 30 or a thousand other similar stories?

    This isn't a legal court where you can skip out on technicalities, this is the court of public opinion where very "odd" looking patterns with no clear explanation can be noticed without it being defamation. Dead body on ground, bloody knife in your hand, victims blood all over you....yes, before you get the chair we need to prove it, but I can still strongly suspect without that proof.

    And again, the POINT wasn't UK, the point was university recruitment cheating is well-known to exist...said the guy that sold Reggie Bush a car while he was a "poor" USC college player.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 02-24-2013 at 05:12 PM.

  18. #364
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,994

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    YOU DO HAVE PROOF, RIGHT? If so, have you sent it to the NCAA?

    It's comments like this from so called "highly intelligent people" that is extremely distrubing to me. You just slandered Calipari and the University of Kentucky with what I'm guessing are assumptions with no valid proof.

    Personally, I don't know if what you're saying is true or not, but I'm smart enough not to make/put "under the table payment" accusations like this in print. What your beliefs are is one thing, but putting proofless accusations of payments in print in another. If you don't care for Calipari and U of Kentucky that's fine, but making unsubstantiated accusations against both is another. It's one thing to do some IU/Purdue ribbing, but this is way overboard.

    Personally, I'm saddened to see such comments allowable on a quality forum like PD. JMOAA
    While saying that the NBA caters to superstars and that the Pacers will never win a championship due to that so why support them is allowable for which reason?

    Has there been any proof of that?

    If you refer to the Tim Donaghy scandal then one could easily counter it with the University of Michigan or the Baylor University scandals.

    Fact is, that in both the NBA and the NCAA there have been a lot of incidents to assume that both leagues are corrupt. Yet people dismiss this and accuse only the NBA of being corrupted.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  19. #365
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,173

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, because I'm the only one to insinuate or suspect it, no NCAA program has ever been busted for this, no documentaries have ever been done on this, and it only applies to Calipari. Also the Rose SAT thing was never exposed, just something I pulled out of my rear.

    Back off the man-love for Calipari and just understand the general point, or are you really going to make me do the research list of all the PROVEN NCAA scandals to make the point just so you can say "Shut up about John C, dude is clean, the rest are the cheaters, his player classes aren't similar in patterns to other sketchy programs and just leave him alone...LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!"


    The holier than though thing plays false to me as well. Saddened? That I've ever heard any sports news ever? That I ever saw the SMU 30 for 30 or a thousand other similar stories?

    This isn't a legal court where you can skip out on technicalities, this is the court of public opinion where very "odd" looking patterns with no clear explanation can be noticed without it being defamation. Dead body on ground, bloody knife in your hand, victims blood all over you....yes, before you get the chair we need to prove it, but I can still strongly suspect without that proof.

    And again, the POINT wasn't UK, the point was university recruitment cheating is well-known to exist...said the guy that sold Reggie Bush a car while he was a "poor" USC college player.
    Here's the list for you Seth.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ege_basketball

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  21. #366
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,939

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure Coach Cal learned his lesson after having 9 tourney wins and 33 regular season games vacated from 2 schools. He's a model citizen how at Kentucky. Right?!
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  23. #367

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know you're type. Your are part of this new society of people who say the things they believe are their own personal facts. It doesn't matter if somebody presents you with actual truth and reason filled evidence. It doesn't jive with your personal facts.

    As to my 5000 posts. I think the majority of posters here on PD will attest that while I have strong opinions, I am more than willing to own up to them if proven wrong. As well as keeping it civil with not posting derogatory personal attcks towards anybody. Otherwise I would have been banned by now.
    This is a joke right? You present no facts at all in you previous statements while attacking my ability to make up my own mind while stating I use my own facts. No facts were presented and all that I stated were my feelings on an article as requested in the original post. All you have done is go at me on a personal level. I believe you should look in the mirror because I see a lot of reflecting going on. To say you know someone after two posts on pacers digest shows a real shallowness I guessed were in other posts. You are so self absorbed in your own opinion and the rightness of it that you are blinded to others having the ability to think something else. The closed mindedness and lack of thought in your responses only strengthens my belief that you have wasted a lot of time.
    Last edited by will567; 02-24-2013 at 10:41 PM.

  24. #368
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You people and your professed love of college basketball are going to be the death of me.

    YOU DO NOT LOVE COLLEGE BASKETBALL. You love the atmosphere of big time division 1 (mostly east of the Mississippi) high production minor league games. I refuse to even say you like the basketball of it because universally when people talk about their love of college ball the actual last thing they ever talk about is the game itself. It's always some cliche of atmosphere, hustle, heart, desire, purity or whatever else they can say without just saying that they prefer the three point line is reduced so almost anyone can make it or that they prefer a longer shot clock, etc.

    Is the NBA game perfect, hell no.

    Look if you want me to list off the one giant turn off I have about the NBA it would be that driver/slasher players are overly protected and frankly depending on the player overly compensated with the ability to draw a foul.

    Sorry this post is directed at no one in general but I guess I just am on a personal mission to eradicate the notion that most people love College basketball.

    The difference between the so called lover of the college game and the lover of an NBA game is actually pretty simple to define.

    A fan of the NBA would be perfectly content to sit and watch a game between the Cavaliers & the Hornets while people who really only love the big 10, ACC, or whatever would probably not be able to sit and watch a regular season game between Whitworth & Emory. Oh sure if it was a tournament game, which is another phenom I have never understood, they would watch it but on a normal January night, no way in hell.
    Not, really sure why I am quoting your post, I have aleady thanked it, but it is so good I want to quote it.

  25. #369
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by will567 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a joke right? You present no facts at all in you previous statements while attacking my ability to make up my own mind while stating I use my own facts. No facts were presented and all that I stated were my feelings on an article as requested in the original post. All you have done is go at me on a personal level. I believe you should look in the mirror because I see a lot of reflecting going on. To say you know someone after two posts on pacers digest shows a real shallowness I guessed were in other posts. You are so self absorbed in your own opinion and the rightness of it that you are blinded to others having the ability to think something else. The closed mindedness and lack of thought in your responses only strengthens my belief that you have wasted a lot of time.
    Whose going at who on a personal level? Pot, meet kettle.

  26. #370
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    One comment I want to make about the anything can happen, one and done aspect of the NCAA. Sure there are upsets, but really big upsets are rare. Sure a 12 might beat a 5, but a 16 beating a 1 basically never happens. Also the team that wins the championship is never a real surprise. The tops seeds always win the thing. upsets are a very overrated appeal of the NCAA
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-25-2013 at 10:09 AM.

  27. #371
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't buy that a top 15 recruit all of a sudden decides to go to a struggling program without a little "something extra." Sorry IU fans.
    If Zeller was an out-of-state top-15 recruit, and I.U. was a school without one of the most storied histories in college basketball, I'd buy your argument. As it stands now, it's just, well... kind of stupid. Sorry.

    A local kid wants to attend the university right up the road from his house, that he grew up idolizing, to help get them back on the right path. That sounds completely plausible to me.

  28. #372
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    YOU DO HAVE PROOF, RIGHT? If so, have you sent it to the NCAA?

    It's comments like this from so called "highly intelligent people" that is extremely distrubing to me. You just slandered Calipari and the University of Kentucky with what I'm guessing are assumptions with no valid proof.

    Personally, I don't know if what you're saying is true or not, but I'm smart enough not to make/put "under the table payment" accusations like this in print. What your beliefs are is one thing, but putting proofless accusations of payments in print in another. If you don't care for Calipari and U of Kentucky that's fine, but making unsubstantiated accusations against both is another. It's one thing to do some IU/Purdue ribbing, but this is way overboard.

    Personally, I'm saddened to see such comments allowable on a quality forum like PD. JMOAA
    Wow...just wow....you either live in a bubble that simply keeps out all negative realities and truth. Or a world so filled with denial that youre able to only choose the positives you like and pretend the negatives u dont like simply dont exist. Either way, Im kinda jealous. Who wouldnt want to live in a world where everything we like is real and everything we dont like or we disagree with is simply a good fiction book?

  29. #373
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Always cracks me up when NBA fans get bent out of shape about people liking college or vice versa. You can like them both. They both offer advantages and disadvantages.

    Yeah the NBA is more talented. No kidding. Only complete morons think that is not the case.

    But believe it or not there are things about college basketball that make it more fun compared to the NBA.

    Neither is a superior product. Just different.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  31. #374
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One comment I want to make about the anything can happen, one and done aspect of the NCAA. Sure there are upset, but really big upsets are rare. Sure a 12 might beat a 5, but a 16 beating a 1 never happens. Also the team that wins the championship is never a real surprise. The tops seeds always win the thing. upsets are a very overrated appeal of the NCAA
    This could not be more untrue. Butler is living proof of this. Upsets are a very real appeal of the NCAA.

    A 12 beating a 5 is still a HUGE upset. A 15 beating a 2 (WHICH HAPPENED TWICE JUST LAST SEASON) is a bigger upset than anything that could happen in the NBA.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  32. #375
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always cracks me up when NBA fans get bent out of shape about people liking college or vice versa. You can like them both. They both offer advantages and disadvantages.
    In fairness, the pro NBA crowd has to deal with ridiculous assessments. College ball fans never have to deal with "they're all thugs," "they never try or play defense," or "it's not pure."

    Pro NBAers are already on edge.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •