Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 434

Thread: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    40
    Posts
    117

    Default Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Hi guys. I recently posted a link to a piece a wrote that was framed as a love letter from Pacers to Indy. It was surprisingly popular; it became by far the most read thing that's ever appeared in the near 2-year history of the Indy-based website, Punchnel's, where it was published.

    Now, another writer has submitted a "response article,"saying to the Pacers, "Maybe we're just not into you." The writer makes some interesting arguments, and I'm curious what you guys think about them.

    Here's his story:

    http://www.punchnels.com/first-perso...so-fast-romeo/

    Dear Pacers,

    I know you want me back and you make a good case that you have done your job. I commend you for it. Smart draft picks like Danny, Roy, and Paul have worked out well. I am pleasantly surprised by the success of David West and George Hill in the post-South Beach era of free agent migration to big markets. You have rebuilt better and faster than I would have thought possible.

    I really like Frank Vogel. Is it true that he is Brad Stevens’ older brother?

    For the record, I don’t care about the Brawl. I am over Jamaal Tinsley. Kravitz is right: I am not racist. I understand that the NBA has the best talent, but it is not always the best showcase for it. I am a Big Ten fan and is it true that I prefer the atmosphere and intensity of a good game at Hinkle. We’ve tried to kill the high school basketball tournament but I still like to go to a good prep matchup. It’s a tough combination for you to be in a small market but not the only game in town. My guess is that the people in Portland don’t have the same kind of basketball entertainment options that we do.

    But I get a little tired of anybody telling me what my responsibility as fan is, and what teams “deserve” from me. This seems to be unique to sports. When Sylvester Stallone makes a ****** movie (link to any of a dozen movies), Sly doesn’t tell people he “deserves” the support of his fans. Sports are entertainment, and the product needs to provide entertainment value. It’s not a relationship, it’s an entertainment choice.

    You sold out long ago to the corporate suites and deep-pocket season ticket holders. You decided on a business model that relied on ticket sales to the upper class and TV contracts for the middle class. So let’s not be too quick to blame the fan base when they are a little hesitant to take the family to a game.

    I looked for tickets for Friday night’s game against Detroit. Seats below the concourse are $90 minimum. Yes, I know you say that I could probably find a cheaper ticket from a scalper, but that’s not really helping you out. And I could sit up above…

    But you do realize what the game looks like on an HD TV in my basement, right? Are you really making the case that the cheap seats are a smart play? For the cost of taking a family of four to the game, I can buy a new Samsung, and I get to watch Brooke Olzendam.

    Plus, I don’t think it’s fair for you to measure my feelings for you based on attendance. You are averaging 80 percent of the seats filled. What kind of business model are you running where 80 percent of capacity not only isn’t good enough, it brings national scrutiny?

    If you sold 3,000 more tickets for 41 home games at $50 a ticket, that nets you around $6 million, maybe a little more after you sell $9 beers. That’s chump change.

    Can’t we say we love you by building you a new fieldhouse and giving you money to operate it? We just voted to give you an additional $10 million of taxpayer money to go with the original $33.5 million. You seem a little needy. Please don’t trade in your strip club handgun for a metaphoric one that says we need to support you, or else.

    If attendance were so important, why wouldn’t the NHL be doing better? Have you compared their attendance figures to the NBA? In many cities where they compete, usually in the same arenas, the NHL teams beat the NBA teams.

    The answer is that television contracts and television ratings are what drive your success. So let’s not get carried away fretting about whether 13,000 or 16,000 show up on Tuesday night to watch you play the Warriors. Don’t be so insecure. Let’s look forward to revenue sharing.

    And by the way, do you know the last time you gave us a single digit draft pick? Probably not. We were much younger then. It was 1989 and George McCloud. I know it’s not your fault. In fact, it’s because you haven’t tanked that we have been stuck in mediocrity. I guess we used all our civic good fortune with the Colts, but it would be nice to get a Kevin Durant every once in a while.

    Finally–and this is hard for me to say, because I really do like you–but you have a certain Washington Generals feel. I’m not talking about the Hansbrough brothers. I mean that there’s a big dead end ahead. Oh, I know you were up 2-1 on the Heat last spring, and you have beaten them twice in the regular season. But you are Lebron’s *****. I don’t know if he is better than Michael Jordan, but I know we won’t be going to the finals until he retires or takes his talents to the White Sox. You say this is pessimistic? At the All Star break, Vegas oddsmakers had the Pacers at 25-1 to win the championship. You have the eighth-best record in the league. In any other sport with this resume, you’d have better odds. But Vegas knows how the NBA works.

    So I can emotionally and financially invest in you now and be rewarded in May by watching Joey Crawford treat Dywane Wade like he’s porcelain. Let’s be frank: you are regular-season programming and playoff fodder.

    I’m sorry if that hurts. Yes, we have a chance. Yes, you’ve changed. Yes, it turns me on when you embarass the Knicks. Yes, I promise to go to a game. Yes, I like you. But let’s just be friends.
    Last edited by flakcatcher; 02-22-2013 at 08:05 AM.

  2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to flakcatcher For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2
    Member DJVendetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Posts
    1,064

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    I'm not even a little bit upset at this guys response. Again everyone has their reasons for attending/not attending a Pacers game. I mean I live in south Florida and I'd kill to be able to make it up to a game at BLF. I also attend all the games they play in Miami every year, but I wasn't going to this year since the tickets are butt **** expensive until my girl surprised me with tickets for christmas. I'd like to think if I moved up to Indiana that I would aim to purchase season tickets and this is solely due to not having the opportunity to experience Pacers basketball live in the town where they are loved instead of here where I am pretty much threatened by Heat fans to get my *** kicked lol.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,138

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    in the town where they are loved.
    This article didn't imply any love from the town.

    Let's just hope that they are a minority
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    The year was 1999, his name is Jonathan Bender, 5th overall pick by Toronto and traded immediately to Pacers.

    We may have never earned a Top 5 pick, but I am glad we haven't. This Franchise has ALWAYS tried, almost to a fault. They have also owned their mistakes and TRIED to make up for them.

    Paul George is currently the best player to come out of the 2010 Draft, and Lance Stephenson is by far the STEAL of the draft, and you could make an arguement he is already a Top 10 Player from that draft.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    RLeWorm
    Guest

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not even a little bit upset at this guys response. Again everyone has their reasons for attending/not attending a Pacers game. I mean I live in south Florida and I'd kill to be able to make it up to a game at BLF. I also attend all the games they play in Miami every year, but I wasn't going to this year since the tickets are butt **** expensive until my girl surprised me with tickets for christmas. I'd like to think if I moved up to Indiana that I would aim to purchase season tickets and this is solely due to not having the opportunity to experience Pacers basketball live in the town where they are loved instead of here where I am pretty much threatened by Heat fans to get my *** kicked lol.
    Same here! Live in South Florida and i wish i could go to a Pacers game. Especially if they got cheap *** tickets? I know i'm gonna be at BLF one day thats for sure

  10. #6
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,138

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Yeah, he is clearly over Tinsley
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,820

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    I am not entirely sure what he means by "below the concourse" I assume he means the lower level His claim that the lowest price seat is $90.00 is true only if you pay the ticketmaster service fees. He could have bought those a week ago or so without the service fees, if he really wanted and the tickets would have been 78

    This paragraph is such Bull-****.
    And by the way, do you know the last time you gave us a single digit draft pick? Probably not. We were much younger then. It was 1989 and George McCloud. I know it’s not your fault. In fact, it’s because you haven’t tanked that we have been stuck in mediocrity. I guess we used all our civic good fortune with the Colts, but it would be nice to get a Kevin Durant every once in a while.



    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-22-2013 at 08:37 AM.

  13. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  14. #8
    Member pacerfaninga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    31
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not entirely sure what he means by "below the concourse" I assume he means the lower level His claim that the lowest price seat is $90.00 is simply not true.


    This paragraph is such Bull-****.
    And by the way, do you know the last time you gave us a single digit draft pick? Probably not. We were much younger then. It was 1989 and George McCloud. I know it’s not your fault. In fact, it’s because you haven’t tanked that we have been stuck in mediocrity. I guess we used all our civic good fortune with the Colts, but it would be nice to get a Kevin Durant every once in a while.



    Maybe he should just become an OKC fan? Not sure the Pacers need/want fans like him anyway. This team is special, period, end of story. If some people do not realize that by now then they never will. Having come up from GA the last few seasons I can say that the fans that do attend the games are by far the most passionate and fun to be around of any pro sporting event I have attended. The last thing I want is to have to cheer for the Sacramento Pacers so I am hoping people open their eyes and realize what they have before it is gone.
    Last edited by pacerfaninga; 02-22-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: typo

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to pacerfaninga For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,820

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerfaninga View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe he should just become an OKC fan? Not sure the Pacers need/want fans like him anyway. This is team is specail, period, end of story. The last thing I want is to have to cheer for the Sacramento Pacers!
    Correction - the $90.00 claim is true if you pay the ticketmaster service charge

  17. #10
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,020

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correction - the $90.00 claim is true if you pay the ticketmaster service charge
    Yeah but if you go to stub hub you can usually swing lower level for 40-50. And guess what that does help the arena feel more full and then BOOOM better atmosphere.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. #11
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    And by the way, do you know the last time you gave us a single digit draft pick? Probably not. We were much younger then. It was 1989 and George McCloud. I know it’s not your fault. In fact, it’s because you haven’t tanked that we have been stuck in mediocrity. I guess we used all our civic good fortune with the Colts, but it would be nice to get a Kevin Durant every once in a while.
    Lost me there - the Pacers have largely been competitive throughout this entire era and the fact that the Brawl and fall out the season after still never dropped us beyond like 10th in the conference is commendable, not condemnable.

    Otherwise, makes a fair enough argument.
    Last edited by Jukeb0xHero; 02-22-2013 at 09:14 AM.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jukeb0xHero For This Useful Post:


  20. #12

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    First of all, Thank God Paul George went to a small school. He'd be the number one draft pick in that class now.

    Second, I think the letter is hypocritical, but I'll give him a little bit of credit when it comes to his argument with tv deals and ticket prices.

    Sure, they are cheap. I don't think he realizes how cheap (for instance, it's cheaper than our women's college basketball team. And let's not even get into Knicks prices..) but when you have a television...and it's cold outside...50 dollars per person is a little pricey.

    And tv deals are where the money is for NBA teams. But that's not the point. It's about the atmosphere.

    People are impatient. If this team beats the Heat in the playoffs and the starters return..fans will show up. It takes time to build up fans. Even last season, we weren't an elite team. This year, I think we really are. And it'll show in the playoffs.

    And finally...if Indiana's odds to win a championship are really 25-1...I'm going to have to look at that....
    Last edited by Sookie; 02-22-2013 at 10:15 AM.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  22. #13

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Do searches at stub hub and circle city for tickets for 3 random upcoming home games and post for him the cost of two tickets together in the lower level.

    Do the same for the next IU home game, the next Chicago Bulls home game, and just for giggles a really bad team like Cleveland.

    He has his mind made up, but at least you can correct his misconceptions with facts.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  24. #14
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,600

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    That guy's post is straight derpin'. Gets on his high horse about the purity of high school basketball and Butler and proceeds to call the Pacers Lebron's *****. I bet he was in BLF recently...in a Heat jersey. Guy probably became a HUGE LIFE LONG COLTS FAN...in 2004.

    The contradictions and misinformation here just irk me.
    Last edited by idioteque; 02-22-2013 at 08:53 AM.

  25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  26. #15

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    This captures exactly how I feel about the Pacers and the NBA. I just do not love this group like I have others. I like them but I do not love them.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to will567 For This Useful Post:


  28. #16
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,450

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by will567 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This captures exactly how I feel about the Pacers and the NBA. I just do not love this group like I have others. I like them but I do not love them.
    Well nobody on here is gonna change your mind. But just keep your ears open so you can jump on the bandwagon when the media tells you to.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  30. #17

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well nobody on here is gonna change your mind. But just keep your ears open so you can jump on the bandwagon when the media tells you to.
    I know because I believe that the NBA is a deeply flawed game and that I answer the original posters question as to how I personally feel about the posted article while having an opinion that does not perfectly fit with yours I am not entitled to have one. Let me assure you that I am capable of making up my own mind. I appreciate your concern on the matter. I only hope the bulk of your almost 5000 posts are not as this hollow as this one or you would have truly wasted a lot of time. I find it sad that anyone found your post to be at all useful.

  31. #18
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,138

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by will567 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know because I believe that the NBA is a deeply flawed game and that I answer the original posters question as to how I personally feel about the posted article while having an opinion that does not perfectly fit with yours I am not entitled to have one. Let me assure you that I am capable of making up my own mind.
    The NBA is flawed. The team in your city isn't flawed.

    You have every right to not support them. You are entitled to your opinion.

    That doesn't mean that your opinion on this team is right, though.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  32. #19
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by will567 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know because I believe that the NBA is a deeply flawed game
    And College isn't? Please.

  33. #20
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,138

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And College isn't? Please.
    College is romanticized because money are not involved. At least legally..
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  35. #21

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And College isn't? Please.
    Basketball as a game is extremely flawed. Fast moving, probably the fastest I can think of, game that relies on split second decisions from not just players but refs. I'm fully behind you on your argument, just I dunno, whether the people that prefer college over pro realize it or not they're not evaluating the actual quality of play on the floor. It's an environment deal, which is fine, someone wants to go to a game to scream their head off and wear some colors and be part of an "event" more power to em, that's definitely fun.

    But the people that like to pretend that the college game is more "pure" or "true to the spirit of the game" or whatever ******** cliche you want to throw out, gimme a break. The corruption in college athletics is Vegas and pro is a riverboat on the Ohio in comparison. People like college games over pro because it allows them to feel young again and like they're part of "something." Which is all well and good, I'm not going to tell someone how or why to be a fan. But this belief that the NBA isn't the absolute highest Mount Everest peak of quality basketball is just flat out wrong. If you want to watch the best basketball in the world you're an NBA fan and if someone disagrees they're certainly entitled to, but they're wrong.

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  37. #22
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,450

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by will567 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know because I believe that the NBA is a deeply flawed game and that I answer the original posters question as to how I personally feel about the posted article while having an opinion that does not perfectly fit with yours I am not entitled to have one. Let me assure you that I am capable of making up my own mind. I appreciate your concern on the matter. I only hope the bulk of your almost 5000 posts are not as this hollow as this one or you would have truly wasted a lot of time. I find it sad that anyone found your post to be at all useful.
    I know you're type. Your are part of this new society of people who say the things they believe are their own personal facts. It doesn't matter if somebody presents you with actual truth and reason filled evidence. It doesn't jive with your personal facts.

    As to my 5000 posts. I think the majority of posters here on PD will attest that while I have strong opinions, I am more than willing to own up to them if proven wrong. As well as keeping it civil with not posting derogatory personal attcks towards anybody. Otherwise I would have been banned by now.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  38. #23

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know you're type. Your are part of this new society of people who say the things they believe are their own personal facts. It doesn't matter if somebody presents you with actual truth and reason filled evidence. It doesn't jive with your personal facts.

    As to my 5000 posts. I think the majority of posters here on PD will attest that while I have strong opinions, I am more than willing to own up to them if proven wrong. As well as keeping it civil with not posting derogatory personal attcks towards anybody. Otherwise I would have been banned by now.
    This is a joke right? You present no facts at all in you previous statements while attacking my ability to make up my own mind while stating I use my own facts. No facts were presented and all that I stated were my feelings on an article as requested in the original post. All you have done is go at me on a personal level. I believe you should look in the mirror because I see a lot of reflecting going on. To say you know someone after two posts on pacers digest shows a real shallowness I guessed were in other posts. You are so self absorbed in your own opinion and the rightness of it that you are blinded to others having the ability to think something else. The closed mindedness and lack of thought in your responses only strengthens my belief that you have wasted a lot of time.
    Last edited by will567; 02-24-2013 at 10:41 PM.

  39. #24
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,138

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Quote Originally Posted by will567 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This captures exactly how I feel about the Pacers and the NBA. I just do not love this group like I have others. I like them but I do not love them.
    You feel that the Pacers are LeBron's *****es and that we would trade our "strip club handgun" for a metaphoric one?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  40. #25
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,450

    Default Re: Fan to Pacers: Maybe we're just not that into you.

    Just a couple thoughts, this guy basically affirms the stereotype that Indianapolis people are homebodies. They would rather stay at home and be a couch potato than actually go out and see any form of live entertainment unless its free, or lots of alcohol is involved. Its the same reason why the Indianapolis Sympony had so much trouble this year raising money to even exist. People would rather stay at home than actually sponge up any sort of real culture.

    I can't stand his last set of paragraphs where he basically calls the team irrelevant.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •