Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 66

Thread: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

  1. #26
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,934

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Heat fans go out of their way to say he's not worth hating, while bringing up how much they hate him all the time.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,523

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heat fans go out of their way to say he's not worth hating, while bringing up how much they hate him all the time.
    Ok, your crusade to tell me how Hansbrough is the most hated man in the league has been a stunning success. I now agree completely with you despite the fact that you're arguing against a point I didn't make.

    Either way, I'm done arguing. Happy Friday*!




    * For me anyway, my weekend's already started.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,934

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, your crusade to tell me how Hansbrough is the most hated man in the league has been a stunning success. I now agree completely with you despite the fact that you're arguing against a point I didn't make.

    Either way, I'm done arguing. Happy Friday*!




    * For me anyway, my weekend's already started.
    I wasn't really arguing anything and I forget how this started.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  7. #29

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oddly, Bulls fans hate Tyler Hansbrough more than probably any player in the league, including LeBron.
    Pretty sure everyone hates tyler hansbrough in the NBA except for the Pacers and their fans.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  8. #30
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Since Reggie rose doesn't play for the Chicago bulls, this thread title makes no sense....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  10. #31

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Regardless of who said it, I hope that Rose actually thinks this. Almost nothing would be sweeter than to see this Bulls team implode and for us to dominate them for years to come. All their fans that flooded the Fieldhouse and talked all that smack about my beloved Pacers deserve it.

  11. #32
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    ...and somewhere in Chicago there's a bulls fan saying "I hope Indiana implodes soon. That would be sweet. They deserve it for (insert silly illogical justification here)."

    Generally speaking, I think there's a line you don't cross.

    Also, if there weren't so many pacers/bulls tickets available to bulls fans, there wouldn't be so many bulls fans at Conseco. Don't blame them buying what was available.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-21-2013 at 10:29 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  13. #33

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...and somewhere in Chicago there's a bulls fan saying "I hope Indiana is really that racist so the team implodes soon. That would be sweet."

    Generally speaking, I think there's a line you don't cross.

    Also, if there weren't so many tickets available to bulls fans, there wouldn't be so many bulls fans at Conseco.
    The day hoards of drunken Pacers fans invade the United Center and disrespect everyone in sight, you will have a point. But the Indianapolis area has a seventh of the population of Chicago, is not near as affluent, and the Pacers are not allowed to market outside of 75 miles from the city. so that will never happen.

    A Bulls fan hoping something happens to the Pacers because of some false perception has no comparison to me wanting the Bulls to fall because I despise the arrogant Chicago fan base and most of their dirty, whiny players.

    And I don't blame them for buying the tickets. But I can hold disdain for them the way they treated our fans. I don't want to have to dig up the post game thread where a guy with a disability was being verbally assaulted by Bulls fans. Indianapolis fans have a level of class Chicago fans can not understand and I have every right to dislike their franchise for that.
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 02-21-2013 at 10:15 PM.

  14. #34
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Ironically, a bulls fan once got stabbed to death at a pacers game. Do we really need to go over every little thing before you get over your holier-than-thou attitude that pacers fans are somehow better human beings than fans of other teams? How delusional does one have to be to actually buy that nonsense?

    Pacers fans are just as capable of getting drunk as anyone else. You know why you won't see it happening at the united center? Because the bulls fans buy them first.

    Hey, you're free to hate Chicago bulls fans, but if you're going to hate them, you're going to have to hate pacers fans first for not buying up more tickets....

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indianapolis fans have a level of class Chicago fans can not understand and I have every right to dislike their franchise for that.
    That is awesome.

    ....so, tell me, how do Indianapolis fans display class by not attending games for a first place team...

    I hate to break this to you, but putting on a pacers jersey does not transform you into a better human being any more than putting on a bulls jersey makes you a rotten one. If that's what you tell yourself to make yourself feel better about the championship discrepancy, so be it.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-21-2013 at 10:33 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  16. #35

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ironically, a bulls fans once got stabbed to death at a pacers game. Do we really need to go over every little thing before you get over your holier-than-thou attitude that pacers fans are somehow better human beings than fans of other teams?

    Pacers fans are just as capable of getting drunk as anyone else. You know why you won't see it happening at the united center? Because the bulls fans buy them first.
    You make a good argument. Damn you Kstat I can't ever win with you. lol I'm sure there are great Bulls fans too but I would still bet overall the Pacers fans are more respectful than the Chicago fans. One crazy isolated incident does not change my opinion. And if the Bulls played in Milwaukee and the Bucks played in Chicago those attendance figures would be flipped. Chicago sells out games simply because they have such a large market, MJ played there, and they are still good.

    This does not change the fact I despise the Bulls because of their players. Their bandwagon fans just reached that level with me the past few years. In no way do I hate their loyal, respectful fan base. I do not see what's wrong with hoping they fall hard to lottery land again. This is a sport and I root for the Pacers exclusively. I view other teams as enemies and threats. Obviously I am a bigger Pacer fan than I am a fan of the game, and just because that does not ring true with you it does not make my comments deplorable. I genuinely despise the Bulls and me relishing in their downfall would not cross any lines. It is a game and all the Bulls players get paid big bucks regardless, I think they will be just fine falling to the bottom.

  17. #36
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I would bet pacers fans are as a whole more reasonable as well. Because there are many, many, many more bulls fans. As a result, there are more jerks. Also as a result, the bulls sell out even when they are terrible, and the pacers have attendance issues....well, they almost always have attendance issue.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-21-2013 at 10:47 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  18. #37

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would bet pacers fans are as a whole more reasonable as well. Because there are many, many, many more bulls fans. As a result, there are more jerks.
    You could be right. But this is not an exact science. Bulls fans really could be as a whole more rude and disrespectful towards opposing fans than Pacers fans are. I could be right or you could be right. We are just talking hypotheticals. The truth probably sits somewhere in the middle. Maybe the Bulls are just slightly more disrespectful. Milwaukee fans don't think too highly of them either so Pacers fans are not alone in this notion that invading Bulls fans are super rude. As much as I hate the Patriots franchise, I would have to say they have a really respectable fan base for the most part, and that is really surprising to me seeing that they play in Boston. I just can't say the same from my encounters with the Bulls fan base, but that does not mean I am right, I very well could be wrong.

  19. #38
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    This circle could go around forever....

    For the record, NBA fans prior to the early 90's threw everything but the kitchen sink on occasion. In the 60's sixer fans tossed firecrackers on to the floor. It's one of those dirty little secrets the nba doesn't talk about (like fans getting stabbed to death).
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-21-2013 at 10:59 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  20. #39
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,934

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Seems to me that a lot of big market fans are dismissive of smaller markets, so that's probably a contributing factor. They are rude because they think your team is worthless and you're dumb for supporting them.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  22. #40
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems to me that a lot of big market fans are dismissive of smaller markets, so that's probably a contributing factor. They are rude because they think your team is worthless and you're dumb for supporting them.
    I think it's a good thing that smaller market fans are in no way resentful of bigger markets, and accuse them of being dumb sheep that only support winners (totally unlike Indianapolis BTW)...

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  24. #41
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,934

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's a good thing that smaller market fans are in no way resentful of bigger markets, and accuse them of being dumb sheep that only support winners (totally unlike Indianapolis BTW)...
    I didn't say anything about winning and I'm not resentful. When I go to other teams forums when we play them the big ones are much more likely to act like the Pacers don't exist. It's pretty entertaining.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  26. #42
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,150

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Man, all I can say is I'm glad I'm not a Piston fan about now. I'd be raw too.

    As for RRose, he's reflecting his brother's thoughts and probably the entire Bulls team. They know their team has lost a step and the Pacers have passed them by.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  28. #43
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,934

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, all I can say is I'm glad I'm not a Piston fan about now. I'd be raw too.

    As for RRose, he's reflecting his brother's thoughts and probably the entire Bulls team. They know their team has lost a step and the Pacers have passed them by.
    You have over 11,000 posts and have been around since 2005 and think Kstat is Kstat because the pistons are rebuilding?
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  30. #44

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have over 11,000 posts and have been around since 2005 and think Kstat is Kstat because the pistons are rebuilding?
    I was a lurker on this board for years before I was poster and I have to say that Kstat is indeed just this way naturally. I too have took it to him about the state of the Pistons, but he is a good poster to have around. As much as I disagree with him I really enjoy his insight at times, even though there are times where I just have to walk away because he will just draw you into a perpetual argument you can never win.

  31. #45
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was a lurker on this board for years before I was poster and I have to say that Kstat is indeed just this way naturally. I too have took it to him about the state of the Pistons, but he is a good poster to have around. As much as I disagree with him I really enjoy his insight at times, even though there are times where I just have to walk away because he will just draw you into a perpetual argument you can never win.
    I used to bust his chops quite a bit. Then I moved to the Detroit market and spent a great deal of my life in the area. I can safely say it's understandable to be a jaded individual up here.

  32. #46
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Just from my experience, it seems like Chicago fans in general have some superiority complex about them.

  33. #47
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    In all seriousness, it goes both ways: Chicago fans are douchey and see themselves and their city as superior to Pacer/Indianapolis fans and Indianapolis fans have a little brother type of attitude accordingly.

  34. #48
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oddly, Bulls fans hate Tyler Hansbrough more than probably any player in the league, including LeBron.
    Yes they do. And they "love" it when I tell them the only difference between Tyler and Noah is that one of them has wild hair.

    Don't nitpick this assessment. I just need to say it with enough conviction to cause their heads to explode. Its fun.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  36. #49
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just from my experience, it seems like Chicago fans in general have some superiority complex about them.
    We're about three weeks away from the first of a series of articles that appear each spring explaining why Da Bears are even money favorites to with their 48th consecutive Super Bowl. When the spring previous is over shortly after the draft and free agent fiasco, they'll move on to why this is finally the Cubs magical year. That will continue until mid July, when the Cubs are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and the Bears training camp starts.

    You just don't understand how much these people are obnoxious homers until you live here for a decade. (Yes, I kinda want my old life back!!)

    These people actually believe Urlacher is a top-ten of all time LB. (Briggs might be, that's different.) There haven't been many seasons that Urlacher would have even started for the Steelers LB quartet. I was told a decade ago that Kordell Stewart would be the Bears' missing piece.

    They're actually too smart for this. I think its a mental virus that spreads in the baby wards of the hospitals up here. Thankfully, Jay's_Daughter@Section222 was born in Indianapolis four months before we moved up here and seems to be immune to the disease.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  37. #50

    Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes they do. And they "love" it when I tell them the only difference between Tyler and Noah is that one of them has wild hair.

    Don't nitpick this assessment. I just need to say it with enough conviction to cause their heads to explode. Its fun.
    Since Noah plays in Thibs system, you very well could be right. Tyler would be scary in that system. Maybe like real scary. Noah is good don't get me wrong, I just have to wonder about that system at times though. They make everyone look good. This is why I fear letting him walk the most. He could go to a team like that and kick our *** for years and it would suck because I love the guy for the way he puts it all on the line every game for us.

    He's the Jeff Foster type, and I am still puzzled why the fan base hates and won't embrace him. He has a better offensive game by a mile than Jeff, though Jeff in his day was a better offensive rebounder and defender. But Jeff was one of the best in the league in his prime at rebounding and defending. He was just a total liability on offense, which Tyler is not because he gets to the line more than anyone on the team and hits them at a good clip. Foster could never do that, and he never had the MIA 15 footer that used to be money for Tyler, and maybe one day will be again.
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 02-22-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Team USA players feel bad for injured Rose [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 10:40 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 10:40 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 04:30 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 02:50 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •