Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

marginally better offensive rebounder????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

Jeff Foster is #4 all time in offensive rebound percent!!!
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    marginally better offensive rebounder????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????
    You guys on PD are too quick! I went back and read it and wanted to put significantly, but I just deleted marginally all together. But you caught me on it. Jeff was way better than Tyler at offensive rebounds. And Tyler is still good at it, Jeff was literally one of the best ever. I'd say Jeff and Tyler's defense is close though. But Tyler seems like he is even better at getting under peoples skin and pressuring the 3 point line.

Point is I put marginally because I think their defense is about even, but I removed it because deep down I knew that was selling Foster short on the O rebounds. That dude was a beast, it was just laughable at times how many he got in the amount of time that he got them.

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    You guys on PD are too quick! I went back and read it and wanted to put significantly, but I just deleted marginally all together. But you caught me on it. Jeff was way better than Tyler at offensive rebounds. And Tyler is still good at it, Jeff was literally one of the best ever. I'd say Jeff and Tyler's defense is close though. But Tyler seems like he is even better at getting under peoples skin and pressuring the 3 point line.

Point is I put marginally because I think their defense is about even, but I removed it because deep down I knew that was selling Foster short on the O rebounds. That dude was a beast, it was just laughable at times how many he got in the amount of time that he got them.
    I think my brain was about to explode. lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

I think my brain was about to explode. lol
    You have to give Tyler props though, he reminds me of Jeff at times with some of the rebounds he bullys people for. He also has gotten a lot better at tip outs and he does not get an official stat for that, but it is as good as an offensive rebound in my book.

You have to give Tyler props though, he reminds me of Jeff at times with some of the rebounds he bullys people for. He also has gotten a lot better at tip outs and he does not get an official stat for that, but it is as good as an offensive rebound in my book.
    He's a significant part of us being a top rebounding team. I'm always in awe of how many fouls he draws though. It's completely ridiculous.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Since Reggie rose doesn't play for the Chicago bulls, this thread title makes no sense....
    A lot of thread titles on here are wrong, messed up, or make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Just from my experience, it seems like Chicago fans in general have some superiority complex about them.
    I think it okay to kibitz a buddy in good fun, but some people go out of their way to kibitz people they don't know and it soon turns to hatred on both sides. Such is the Internet!

Some people think it's fun to tear other teams down. All teams have such fans.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 02-22-2013 at 05:02 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Reggie Rose is a balla...

Girl second from the left and girl on the far right have purty mouths.

The only one that looks like they have any class at all is the girl on the far left. Reggie Rose don't want none of that.

Edit: Tom Haverford's reaction to Reggie Rose and his lady friends hahaha
    Last edited by TOP; 02-22-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Last time I checked, the Bulls are doing a pretty damn good job without DRose and had two make the All Star team this year in Deng and Noah. And Boozer was getting some mention as a candidate. Maybe they need to deflect some concerns about DRose's long term health/ankles?

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As for Tyler, most teams hate him. He's a very physical guy and brings lots of energy. Oh, and there's the Carolina thing too, so if you hate UNC... just another cherry on top for some.

Sadly, I expect Tyler will be on another team next year as we try to keep DWest while staying out of luxury tax land.

Since Noah plays in Thibs system, you very well could be right. Tyler would be scary in that system. Maybe like real scary. Noah is good don't get me wrong, I just have to wonder about that system at times though. They make everyone look good. This is why I fear letting him walk the most. He could go to a team like that and kick our *** for years and it would suck because I love the guy for the way he puts it all on the line every game for us.

He's the Jeff Foster type, and I am still puzzled why the fan base hates and won't embrace him. He has a better offensive game by a mile than Jeff, though Jeff in his day was a better offensive rebounder and defender. But Jeff was one of the best in the league in his prime at rebounding and defending. He was just a total liability on offense, which Tyler is not because he gets to the line more than anyone on the team and hits them at a good clip. Foster could never do that, and he never had the MIA 15 footer that used to be money for Tyler, and maybe one day will be again.
    I would not be surprised to see a Tyler Hansbrough end up in Chicago next season. With Boozer always getting a bad rap and Gibson playing so well. Tyler would be a perfect back up for them.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

I think the best place for Tyler is a team that likes to get out and run a lot.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Just from my experience, it seems like Chicago fans in general have some superiority complex about them.
    To me, Chicago sports fans are just a little bit worse than Boston sports fans in that they think the sports world revolves around them and their teams. I had the misfortune of going to college in Minnesota with hundreds of imports from Chicago. Things got heated.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, if he could hit his putback attempts at a higher rate his ORs would have gone down.

He had a lot 1-3 FGA, 4 OR possessions over his career. If he missed again, he might've gotten five ORs on the possession. Nice hustle, sure, but some pretty bad basketball...
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    I think the best place for Tyler is a team that likes to get out and run a lot.
    I agree. Tyler may not have the long reach or the height advantage, but he's really mobile and runs fast for a PF and can play the fast break well on most cases that I saw him play. He'll thrive in a transition-type of offense.