Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

Default Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

Reggie Rose that is.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...-factor-return

"It's frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him," Reggie Rose said.
    I guess riding your brother's coat-tails and cashing in off of him isn't good enough.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

By Rose you mean "Reggie" Rose. Not Derek

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Default Re: Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

Assuming DRose doesn't refute the comments, maybe DRose thinks the Bulls aren't good enough to match the Heat/Pacers? All the "I could miss the season" talk would make more sense...

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Assuming DRose doesn't refute the comments, maybe DRose thinks the Bulls aren't good enough to match the Heat/Pacers? All the "I could miss the season" talk would make more sense...
    Pacers?

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Pacers?
    I just meant Rose believes the Bulls can't make it out of the East. Swap Pacers with Knicks if you like.

I just meant Rose believes the Bulls can't make it out of the East. Swap Pacers with Knicks if you like.
    Ok. Fair enough.

For the record, I do think the Pacers are the 2nd best team in the East, and a bad matchup for Miami. But I don't think Rose fears anyone but Miami in the East.

Bulls shouldn't be worried about the Knicks. Same reasons that we should beat the Knicks. Top 3pt, transition, and iso defenses vs a team gets all their offense from that.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Ok. Fair enough.

For the record, I do think the Pacers are the 2nd best team in the East, and a bad matchup for Miami. But I don't think Rose fears anyone but Miami in the East.
    Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough. Nobody!
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough. Nobody!
    Oddly, Bulls fans hate Tyler Hansbrough more than probably any player in the league, including LeBron.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Oddly, Bulls fans hate Tyler Hansbrough more than probably any player in the league, including LeBron.
    What's odd about that? They had a playoff series against him.

Assuming DRose doesn't refute the comments...
    chances are about 99% that DRose tells RRose to shut his mouth, that he can speak for himself if he wants to.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    chances are about 99% that DRose tells RRose to shut his mouth, that he can speak for himself if he wants to.
    IDK, I find it weird that his brother would say this w/o DRose knowing. I'm sure RRose understands how sports media works. Agents and family members can say things the player can't. Not saying this is definitely the case, but I wouldn't be so sure either way.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Reggie Rose is a hanger on that Derrick can't cut lose because it's his brother. I don't put any stock in this.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Any Bulls turmoil that hurts them in any way...whether it be real or not.....sustains me.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

IDK, I find it weird that his brother would say this w/o DRose knowing. I'm sure RRose understands how sports media works. Agents and family members can say things the player can't. Not saying this is definitely the case, but I wouldn't be so sure either way.
    He's probably just not too bright... Derrick seems kind of slow... It may run in the fam?

What's odd about that? They had a playoff series against him.
    Well in a 5 game first round series in which the Bulls won, Tyler scored 11 ppg on .333 shooting in about 33 minutes per game.
    In a 5 game conference finals series in which the Bulls lost, LeBron scored 26 ppg with nearly 7 apg on .45 shooting (45 mpg).

Then the heat went to the Finals again the next year, both years in which the Bulls had the NBA's (not East's) best record.

Mood

Well in a 5 game first round series in which the Bulls won, Tyler scored 11 ppg on .333 shooting in about 33 minutes per game.
    In a 5 game conference finals series in which the Bulls lost, LeBron scored 26 ppg with nearly 7 apg on .45 shooting (45 mpg).

Then the heat went to the Finals again the next year, both years in which the Bulls had the NBA's (not East's) best record.
    It aint Tylers production that pisses people off.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    It aint Tylers production that pisses people off.
    But normally guys with Tyler's production don't generate the reactions that he does with Bulls' fans. That's what the odd thing about it is, he's a bench player who generates this animosity within 1 particular fanbase. People from other teams don't dislike him as much, and he's the same guy against everybody.

But normally guys with Tyler's production don't generate the reactions that he does with Bulls' fans. That's what the odd thing about it is, he's a bench player who generates this animosity within 1 particular fanbase. People from other teams don't dislike him as much, and he's the same guy against everybody.
    The Knicks fans hate him. The Raptors fans wanted him suspended after our last game.

Bulls fans hated Jeff Foster too.

The Knicks fans hate him. The Raptors fans wanted him suspended after our last game.

Bulls fans hated Jeff Foster too.
    Well that's cuz he took Valanciunas and just threw him to the ground. If there was a 1 game suspension, it wouldn't have been shocking to me heh.

And I haven't seen the Hansbrough hate from the Knicks, though it doesn't mean it's not there. I normally see them worked up about Danny Granger.

Well, that is, until some ridiculous shumpert for granger fan dreams turned rumors started circulating.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 02-21-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Heat fans hate him too. Probably their players too.

The first post is classic:

the guy's just out there injurying ppl
    SMH!!!!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    The first post is classic:
    The widespread hatred people have for him is at least 50% of why I like him.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Heat fans hate him too. Probably their players too.
    Like I already said, the toronto fans have a right to hope for a suspension on that play.

And Heat fans don't go out of their way to list Hansbrough as a "hated" player. They reserve that for the celtics' stars, the bulls stars, the knicks' players, and probably again Granger for us.

I'm not saying Hansbrough is a loved player across the league, I was saying it's odd that they would put him above the best player in the league who has done more talking, more scoring, more damage, and more physical play against them than Hansbrough ever has in addition to being the main reason the Bulls didn't make it to the finals in 2011.