Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

  1. #1

    Default OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    Dear Paul,

    I was wrong. I said you didn't have it in you. In fact, I said you could only be a success in the NBA if the coaches let you focus on defense and rebounding. I said you shouldn't be asked to be a scorer, because you couldn't (according to me) handle it. Tayshaun Prince's name may have come up. Maybe. Ok, it did.

    Its possible that I've never been this wrong about anything else in my whole life, brother.

    Kind regards,

    Banta

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Banta For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Dear Paul, I was also wrong. I was so angry when we drafted you that I threw the remote at the TV. I thought you had a very limited future in the NBA, and… Well…


    I have never been happier to be wrong!!!!!


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  4. #3
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,542

    Default

    Dear Paul,

    I stated multiple times you didn't have the "it factor" to be an elite player.

    Boy was I wrong.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  5. #4
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    16,993

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    Paul George, thanks for proving me that you're better than what it was realistic to think

    Also, thanks for being an awesome person. That gift to the employees was a great gesture.

    I believe that you can still improve in several aspects but thanks for exceeding my expectations. It's appreciated
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  6. #5
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,354
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    I am going use this thread to take the opportunity to blast Jim O'Brien.


    &#($$&^!?=# +(^#$)%(# YOU, JIM! YOU BENCHED HIM HIS ROOKIE YEAR. YOU HAD A PANDORA'S BOX OF AWESOMENESS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS. SUCKS TO BE YOU.

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    5,670

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    I'll be 100% honest:

    ALL HAIL T-BIRD!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    I don't have anything to apologize for:

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...=1#post1538770


  11. #8
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    By the time of our first west coast trip, I thought I was wrong about seeing star potential in him. Coming into training camp, I knew that if he was going to break out, it was almost certainly going to be this season, so at that point (WC trip) I had pretty much given up hope for that.

    I believed in him / his potential almost the entire time, but by then I was thinking "he just is what he is". Not that I was ready to trade him (or wanted to), but I was just at the point where I thought to myself, "Stop waiting for something that isn't coming."

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    3,827

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dear Paul,

    I stated multiple times you didn't have the "it factor" to be an elite player.

    Boy was I wrong.
    Cosigned.

    To be fair, how were we to know when he was so passive early on?

  14. #10
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    3,827

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the time of our first west coast trip, I thought I was wrong about seeing star potential in him. Coming into training camp, I knew that if he was going to break out, it was almost certainly going to be this season, so at that point (WC trip) I had pretty much given up hope for that.

    I believed in him / his potential almost the entire time, but by then I was thinking "he just is what he is". Not that I was ready to trade him (or wanted to), but I was just at the point where I thought to myself, "Stop waiting for something that isn't coming."
    Yea, I always knew he had the potential, I didn't thin he had the killer instinct though.

  15. #11
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    5,670

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...of-Paul-George

    T-Bird absolutely NAILED his analysis of PG (which should bode well for Orlando as well) and its becoming more and more accurate all the time. I love it!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Dutch Pacers Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    Brandon Rush says sorry too!
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacersgroningen For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am going use this thread to take the opportunity to blast Jim O'Brien.


    &#($$&^!?=# +(^#$)%(# YOU, JIM! YOU BENCHED HIM HIS ROOKIE YEAR. YOU HAD A PANDORA'S BOX OF AWESOMENESS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS. SUCKS TO BE YOU.
    get over it, this board was utter garbage when JOB was the scapegoat don't dirty it up by bring his name back into discussion. Lets the past be the past. Does anyone really want to discuss Paul's weaknesses from 2 years ago?


    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by spazzxb; 02-21-2013 at 01:29 PM.

  20. #14
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,097

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dear Paul,

    I stated multiple times you didn't have the "it factor" to be an elite player.

    Boy was I wrong.
    I said it on the other thread but oh what the hell. The above quote completely covers me.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    Dear Paul,

    I'm sorry I said that your potential was closer to Trevor Ariza than Tracy McGrady. However you have to admit that you two look like you could be brothers!



    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  23. #16
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,077

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    Dear Mr. Pacer,

    I'm sincerely sorry for saying that because you lacked a true killer instinct, you were essentially going to become the next Andre Iguodala. Though I've always defended you and said you would be better than the likes of Gordon Hayward and Tayshaun Prince, I admittedly never ever thought you would be THIS good.

    Why I ever doubted you, I will never know, but now I'm ready to embrace you for the true all-star player you are.

  24. #17
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,354
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    get over it, this board was utter garbage when JOB was the scapegoat don't dirty it up by bring his name back into discussion. Lets the past be the past. Does anyone really want to discuss Paul's weaknesses from 2 years ago?


    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

  25. #18
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,825

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    Dear Paul,
    I'm sorry I yelled at you every playoff game last year when you didn't drive to the hole or make a right pass. I appreciate you so much now and I regret all of my rage towards you.

    Love, Coopdog23
    "We want Miami"

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,971

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    I'm sorry I said that as rookies: Landry Fields, Patrick Patterson, Gary Neal were better than you. Thanks for making me look like a complete fool
    David "And One" West

  28. #20
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The name just brings back bad memories. Not going to debate the past, but like most rookies PG wasn't ready. He was lost on defense(although still great 1 on 1), heck he was a couple inches shorter. Don't care about job(be glad to never see his name again) however I don't like the residual hate clouding everyone's since of history about our actual players.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

  29. #21
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,841

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    When can we start the official Danny Granger apology thread?
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  31. #22
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,593

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    Dear Paul George
    I was very happy Utah picked Gordon Hayward so that we were able to get you.
    Deuces
    BornReady
    follow me @KeifDye - lets talk Pacers!

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  33. #23
    Brian Mac_Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    University Heights
    Age
    27
    Posts
    567
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When can we start the official Danny Granger apology thread?
    I'm guessing the turnaround on that one will probably be a few weeks after he returns, but instinct tells me it will be after the playoffs before the "Apology" or "I told you so" thread will happen.

    As for Paul, I never doubted the kid. I've always seen something special in him. I own 3 jerseys and I don't buy those unless I really, really like it. Peyton, German National Football, and a Paul George.


  34. #24
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,354
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The name just brings back bad memories. Not going to debate the past, but like most rookies PG wasn't ready. He was lost on defense(although still great 1 on 1), heck he was a couple inches shorter. Don't care about job(be glad to never see his name again) however I don't like the residual hate clouding everyone's since of history about our actual players.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    What?

  35. #25
    Member DEEman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    31
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

    I understand why you created this topic. And im saying sorry to. So, sorry.I love the way he plays recently! His awareness of 'aggressiveness' pays off has grown rapidly!

    Im saying sorry, but imo we dont have to. You can judge a player by looking at his skills. Does he have true superstar talent or not? Thats something you can see with your own eyes.. And most of us noticed those superstar skills on both ends of the court.. But a superstar needs also a true way of thinking like one...A guy with superstar skills and a bad head on it, is most of the time just a really really good player, but nothing more..And looking in a guys head is a bit harder to do. Does a guy can be a true leader? You can only be sure if the guys needs to step up.. Wel PG did..

    Most of us doubted. Can we blame ourselfs? We all saw him playing with this passiveness on the offensive end. We all saw a bit of Brush in him? Thats something he did and we almost could not think otherwise than "PG lacks the killer instinct to be a superstar instead of really really good player.." But he got tested by the absence of Granger. He passed this test. He showed himself he is one. And we noticed!
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to DEEman For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Who's better Paul Pierce or Paul George?
    By mattie in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 03:57 PM
  2. Article: Paul George Puts Pressure on Paul George
    By Eddie Gill in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 08:29 PM
  3. Roy Hibbert vs Paul George vs George Hill
    By AugustinGrangerHill in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 09:45 PM
  4. Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?
    By BRushWithDeath in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 04:02 PM
  5. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 09:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •