Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 110

Thread: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

  1. #51
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,500

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey guys... Remember when we thought that Paul George had hit his ceiling because he would never develop that 'killer instinct'?

    Or that Lance Stephenson would never amount to anything other than a flashy garbage minutes player?

    ...

    ...

    Lol.
    You ( and all of us..including Lance and PG ) can thank Granger's injury that forced PG and Lance into the spotlight.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. #52
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey guys... Remember when we thought that Paul George had hit his ceiling because he would never develop that 'killer instinct'?

    Or that Lance Stephenson would never amount to anything other than a flashy garbage minutes player?

    ...

    ...

    Lol.
    So when you say we, Is your message only intended for people who share your opinion? I prefer people to think independently. The "we" your refer to is wrong a lot.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

  3. #53
    play harder! focused444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    610
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    some interesting points in the locker room interviews.

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2013...220f4v-2392223

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to focused444 For This Useful Post:


  5. #54
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,500

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Can someone tell me why Hansbrough played limited minutes tonight?

    I know that Hibbert/Mahinmi was in foul trouble and Pendy got the call....but I just didn't notice Hansbrough on the floor til the end.

    BTW.....what a revelation that Pendy has been over the last couple of games. Wow....I mean...he seems like a scrapper like Hans is....but much broader and tougher. I really hope that he keeps it up cuz I really like the idea of having Hans and Pendy to throw at the opposing Frontcourt.

    Also....the Knicks just didn't seem like they were into it tonight....it's like they woke up from a hangover and had to play the game wasted.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  7. #55
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,500

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Another thing......I am glad that the Pacers were finally able to play a very solid Team where they were completely healthy. No excuses for the Knicks losing this game where they were COMPLETELY dismantled EVEN with Hibbert AND Mahinmi in foul trouble for the majority of the game.

    To me, this cannot be understated.....tonight's win was a very good win against a very good and healthy Team.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  9. #56
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,563

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by focused444 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    some interesting points in the locker room interviews.

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2013...220f4v-2392223
    I love West man. Dude's not gonna give you any sexy kinda quote or anything but just complete honest assessment as a professional.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  11. #57
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,238

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So when you say we, Is your message only intended for people who share your opinion? I prefer people to think independently. The "we" your refer to is wrong a lot.
    It's a proverbial 'we'

    Of course not everyone may feel that way, I don't mean to insinuate they do.

    It's more so just me being really stoked about how these two young "potential" players are actually living up to and possibly even exceeding their potential!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  13. #58

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    WOW!

    That was quite the butt whooping!

    Gotta love it, especially coming against the "evil" Knicks.

    Just love the confidence these guys are playing with right now...the sky's the limit...

  14. #59
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,491

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that entire game was really like the 3rd quarter against the nuggets where mike dunleavy became possesed by the ghost of michael jordan past and couldn't miss...except this lasted for an entire game
    JR Smith and Melo were parts of that Nuggets team, right?

    Hmm, what could that mean?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  15. #60
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,491

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another thing......I am glad that the Pacers were finally able to play a very solid Team where they were completely healthy. No excuses for the Knicks losing this game where they were COMPLETELY dismantled EVEN with Hibbert AND Mahinmi in foul trouble for the majority of the game.

    To me, this cannot be understated.....tonight's win was a very good win against a very good and healthy Team.
    The Heat were healthy both times as well.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  17. #61
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone tell me why Hansbrough played limited minutes tonight?

    I know that Hibbert/Mahinmi was in foul trouble and Pendy got the call....but I just didn't notice Hansbrough on the floor til the end.
    I think that probably has to do with the size of the Knicks frontcourt both starters and backups. Atleast looking at it like that it makes sense to me. I agree about Pendy! He seems to be really doing well and could be an extra body that can actually do something in the playoffs if required. Maybe he'll get a bit more playing time in the second half of the season to get a few games under his belt and have some oncourt chemistry with the rest of the squad.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  18. #62

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Man! That was so fun being at that game last night!! Scattered Knicks fans covering their faces in embarrassment.

    Late in first half, PG drove almost from half court and just pounded one! The place erupted! They have no answer for him.
    On the "WTH?" side. I've never, EVER seen a game where both of your centers have five fouls with 6 min to go in the 3rd qtr. That was really odd. Pendy just said "what the heck, I'll just go out there and dominate too"!
    Last edited by greyhound80; 02-21-2013 at 11:00 PM.

  19. #63
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,548

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Where's the Odd Thoughts? I'm sharpening my pitchfork and finding me torches......
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  21. #64
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,299

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    I am actually taping sports center today just to see how many of the top ten plays we made. Seriously, I felt like we brought some of the All Star game offensive back with us, kept our usual defense, then just set about demolishing the Knicks. Game made me so happy to watch.
    Danger Zone

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  23. #65
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,978

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was an AWESOME display of basketball! Anyone still worried about NY being a matchup problem for us?
    Yes, I am still worried. Pacers played a great, great game tonight., The Knicks were horrible. Beyond those things I don't think too much should be read into this game. I certainly don't think this specific game will in any way help determine a second round matchup with the Knicks.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  25. #66
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I am still worried. Pacers played a great, great game tonight., The Knicks were horrible. Beyond those things I don't think too much should be read into this game. I certainly don't think this specific game will in any way help determine a second round matchup with the Knicks.
    The Knicks were horrible because their offense is completely based on the areas of the game that we are #1 in defense. We've played them 3 times and their offense hasn't worked in any of them.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  27. #67
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    The game ball has to go to Hans and Lance for their efforts and frustrating the hell our of the knicks. Here is my thoughts on the matchup. We are simply to strong, West set the tone early with getting positing he moves people without effort and when anyone tries to do the same thing back it takes a full body effort which makes it look like someone is trying to push a weighted sled. Hans has a similar build and is figuring out how to play that was some as well. When amare got his 4th foul you could just tell he was done for the night. Just like the Miami heat, the knicks have no one to guard our PF position. Our PF position is Tough as nails and can drop 30 on you in a night if your not prepared to fight. Lance is just scrappy, he is always around the ball, he is always swiping at the ball, trying to get steals on in bounds. He pushes, he shoves, he gets in your ear and says only god knows what. He is cocky and overall just a *** to the opposing team, which is why I love him on the court. There is more to a game then just making baskets. The mental side is so huge and Lance is showing he has the mental makeup as a BA. JR smith was so mad at lance he just gave up and quit the game. That's when you know you won your matchup, when you can just make the other players quit their done. Not to mention his ability to be down the court with the ball in less than a second off a rebound. There is no way their transition defense can keep up with kidd. Their only threat is MELO if he is not having a brilliant game they have no chance. Chandler can score all the points he wants, he only scores because we are shutting everyone else down and is the 5th option. When the 5th option gets the looks then your defense is working. This is the nba they are going to score points, the goal with the knicks is to make them work for it and not get their normal easy 3pt attempts. Frank coached this game perfectly, the players played this game perfectly. We were rested and ready for the second part of the season. The knicks came out acting like they were good and not ready for the fight that the pacers brought to them. This frustrated them and made them commit fouls because they could not keep up and were not simply strong enough. The talk about them not being in it is laughable, they were not in it because other than chandler they cannot handle physical basketball. They are "FAKE PHYSICAL" happy when they can throw a elbow but not strong enough to push you around.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:


  29. #68
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,711

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    GF couldn't go to the game so I took a buddy instead. After dropping him off, called the GF and said "I wanna get season tix next year." Her respose "That was gonna be your bday present."

    Great, great, great night. Couldn't be more ecstatic. Feels like Christmas Eve.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  31. #69
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,548

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GF couldn't go to the game so I took a buddy instead. After dropping him off, called the GF and said "I wanna get season tix next year." Her respose "That was gonna be your bday present."

    Great, great, great night. Couldn't be more ecstatic. Feels like Christmas Eve.
    She's a keeper.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  33. #70
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GF couldn't go to the game so I took a buddy instead. After dropping him off, called the GF and said "I wanna get season tix next year." Her respose "That was gonna be your bday present."

    Great, great, great night. Couldn't be more ecstatic. Feels like Christmas Eve.
    Have you picked out the ring yet?
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  35. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    156

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After seeing JR Smith and Lance Stephenson beef on the court, I remembered that at one point Lance said on twitter that JR smith deserved to be an all-star this year. I rushed to Stephenson's twitter to find this tweet..............It is not longer there.

    The lesson of this story: Lance Stephenson makes no friends on the basketball court.
    That's how it should be here. I'd love for everyone to hate us because we play in your face, kick *** physical basketball. That's why I love Lance, he's pretty darn good and he knows it. We don't need a team of trash talkers, and we don't have one. The majority of the team gets into guys by their play, Lance just sends them over the edge with words.
    Forever struggling to convince myself "In Larry we trust"
    Writer at NoseBleedSectionSports.com

  36. #72
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,515

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GF couldn't go to the game so I took a buddy instead. After dropping him off, called the GF and said "I wanna get season tix next year." Her respose "That was gonna be your bday present."

    Great, great, great night. Couldn't be more ecstatic. Feels like Christmas Eve.
    Put a ring on it fool!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  38. #73
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,163

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I am still worried. Pacers played a great, great game tonight., The Knicks were horrible. Beyond those things I don't think too much should be read into this game. I certainly don't think this specific game will in any way help determine a second round matchup with the Knicks.
    And it's still very hard to win at MSG as well
    Smothered Chicken!

  39. #74
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    After the game, coach Mike Woodson stormed off when asked about a starting lineup change, saying “I’m not talking about changes.’’
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  40. #75
    Member Drewtone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    509
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought it was hilarious when the Knicks fan that fit the stereotypical bandwagoner stereotype to a TEE, got up to leave at halftime, unprovoked, he directs an obscene gesture to G2Zone involving his nether regions, so we gave him a little of the business back (pointing him to the gift shop, that kind of thing). In typical d-bag bandwagon fashion, he responds by giving us the double birds... Right in front of a uniformed IMPD officer. Mr. Uniformed IMPD officer was not pleased by this, and needless to say, Mr. Bandwagoning Douche was not seen again. We should have given that cop an standing ovation.
    BTW... even more awesomely, most of that episode was shown on TV... I was wondering why the whole section was giving it to that guy!
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

    Bob Netolicky

  41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewtone For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Post Game Thread: Pacers beat Chicago
    By Infinite MAN_force in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 10:34 PM
  2. Post Game Thread - Pacers beat the Wiz
    By CableKC in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 08:45 PM
  3. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 09:39 PM
  4. Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Clippers 101-95!
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 07:03 PM
  5. Post game thread - Pacers beat Hawks
    By Jermaniac in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 02:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •