Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting bit from ESPN... Hansbrough a top notch post-defender??

Default Re: Interesting bit from ESPN... Hansbrough a top notch post-defender??

I've been saying this all along. I have been ridiculed for it as well. Hansbrough is one of the best defenders on this team. Right behind Hibbert and George in my book, and they are both elite so he is in good company. It is good to see my frequently bashed opinion expressed by a professional backed up by stats. It would be a mistake for us to let this guy go. He is a great all around defender, gets under the skin of almost everyone he plays against because he goes HAM, and his offensive game is showing steady improvement in several areas. He has not hit his ceiling yet and can still improve the next few years, while West will almost surely decline the next few years just because of old man time. I could be wrong, and I know my opinion is in the extreme minority, but I think Hansbrough is the better option going forward after this year. Pendy can hold his weight as the back up and everyone is sleeping on Plumlee big time. Larry Bird usually wins with time, you will see. lol

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here's Tyler with a monkey...

Grown Man Ball

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been saying this all along. I have been ridiculed for it as well. Hansbrough is one of the best defenders on this team. Right behind Hibbert and George in my book, and they are both elite so he is in good company. It is good to see my frequently bashed opinion expressed by a professional backed up by stats. It would be a mistake for us to let this guy go. He is a great all around defender, gets under the skin of almost everyone he plays against because he goes HAM, and his offensive game is showing steady improvement in several areas. He has not hit his ceiling yet and can still improve the next few years, while West will almost surely decline the next few years just because of old man time. I could be wrong, and I know my opinion is in the extreme minority, but I think Hansbrough is the better option going forward after this year. Pendy can hold his weight as the back up and everyone is sleeping on Plumlee big time. Larry Bird usually wins with time, you will see. lol
    I think that the areas that he is good at defensively is an important dimension to some match-ups we run into, and compliment some weaknesses of our other bigs.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

Undefeated

I think if you've been watching the games, you'll have notice that Tyler has been a good defender. I didn't think that good, but no one ever abuses Tyler. He also does an amazing job of just pissing people off. Then again, I've been ridiculed for defending his D in the past, so I'm sure some people haven't noticed....
    Danger Zone