Thread: How AWESOME is it to be a lions fan?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default How AWESOME is it to be a lions fan?

*sigh*

The Lions are masters of torture.......the absolute BEST. No team in all of sports finds more creative ways to lose.......

lets count the ways:

#1 lose at home to washington on a TD pass by CLINTON PORTIS. BTW, in case you didn't know, he's the RUNNING BACK!

#2 score 2 TDs in the 4th qtr to go to OT with jacksonville....only to have their BACKUP QB throw a 40-yard TD pass to end the game

#3 blow a 19-7 4th quarter lead at minnesota, lose 22-19

#4 blow a 13-0 halftime lead at green bay, because our QB throws for a whopping 57 yards. We lose 16-13 on a FG with 0:00 left.

#5 lose AGAIN to minnesota by 1 point, because with 5 seconds left our team FUMBLES AWAY THE EXTRA POINT!

You know why I'm so damn irritated with the pistons all the time? because I pay for it every freaking sunday.

The Lions are cursed.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: How AWESOME is it to be a lions fan?

I saw the end of todays game, man how bad of luck can they have, that had to be painful. I even felt bad for them.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kstat, I just saw the end of that game and man that had to suck.I feel your pain on that.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, at least you have an NBA championship. Let's hope the Colts win it this year, then we can share.

Kstat, look on the bright side it could be worse. You could be in Philly where we have been forced to endure the agony of 3 straight NFC Championship game flops. This year the last 2 weeks players have been going down like dominos and today we lose T.O. for maybe the rest of the season. I'm guessing next week McNabb will tear an ACL or something.

As for the Lions don't despair I love the young nucleus the Lions have in place and they are moving in the right direction even though it doesn't always show in the won/loss record. Kevin Jones is a Philly guy and Andy Reid who has a great eye for talent was rumored to be really high on him before the draft and he is having a nice rookie season. Roy Williams will be a stud. I don't like Harrington if they can add a decent QB in free agency they could be in the playoffs next year IMO. In fairness I see very few Lions games but I was impressed with their young talent when they played the Eagles early in the season. They remind of the Dick Vermeil Rams before they added Warner their record sucked but they had good wideouts and a good back in Faulk. Then they made some roster tweaks and added Warner and the rest is history. If the Lions can add a decent QB with their quality wide recievers and Jones in the backfield they can have a nice team especially with all the weak teams in the NFC.

It's Detroit. It wouldn't bother me if they lost every game!
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!