Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowherd Pacers Twitter Rant

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colin Cowherd Pacers Twitter Rant

Derek Schultz ‏@Schultz1260

Several callers today have complained that the Pacers' games are "too loud". Wow. Loudness, eh? That's something I hadn't considered.

"Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When people call the current group of Pacers thugs, then it could come across as a racist comment.
    Indiana the state is still very racist it will stay that way until the last generations of the KKK era die out.

The KKK is the reason the Pacers have low attendance? Seriously?

I think the problem is with the entire league rather than just the Pacers. I don't enjoy NBA basketball like I used to. I think the NBA is more of a show and entertainment than an actual basketball game. I would rather watch college or high school basketball.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bridge For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

Several callers today have complained that the Pacers' games are "too loud". Wow. Loudness, eh? That's something I hadn't considered.

I spit out my drink on that one.

And Bridge I liked your post because I like your post but also because I like your avatar pic.
    Last edited by Mo Tibbs; 02-19-2013 at 11:01 PM.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge View Post

I think the problem is with the entire league rather than just the Pacers. I don't enjoy NBA basketball like I used to. I think the NBA is more of a show and entertainment than an actual basketball game. I would rather watch college or high school basketball.
    You got that from my post? Seriously? I guess I should have put "On another note".

I just thought that an adult would have the necessary comprehension skills to understand that.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge View Post

If you want me to give you a complete breakdown of my post for you, I can.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Just keep winning...just keep winning

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I know it is much more fun to remember things so they make a good story, but, like it or not, one thing JOB did was to change the discipline in the locker room. If you are going to fawn all over Larry for doing the job, you have to accept HIS OWN WORD that JOB changing the culture was a big part of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Can't forget Paul George attributed his defensive mindset to JOB too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    Can't forget Paul George attributed his defensive mindset to JOB too.
    JOB did his job. Bird was just too loyal. I'd say give John Wall JOB his first 2 years in Washington and he'd be better for it with those rosters, but Wall's a point guard. Allegedly anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    JOB did his job. Bird was just too loyal. I'd say give John Wall JOB his first 2 years in Washington and he'd be better for it with those rosters, but Wall's a point guard. Allegedly anyway.
    I made a long posting the other day and deleted it because I was praising JOB too much. haha. Anyways I really respect what JOB did here now that he is gone. He instilled discipline and defense in the young core. Also a tad of resentment but I think that drove players like Hibbert and George and Stephenson and Hansbrough to develop the way they have. I feel like Bird gave him the 4th year as a thank you for making a terrible starting 5 medicore while we were on the plan to acquire and develop young talent. Let's face it, without the extension and subsequent firing, Vogel never becomes coach and we might have missed out on the diamond in the rough for a polished turd. I mean you can't give Bird anything less than an A because we got Vogel, regardless of how it happened. The end result speaks for itself. He did initially see enough in the guy to hire him as an interim and give him his shot. And then signed him to his first head coaching gig on any level.

All this proves is Larry Bird really is truly a freaking legend! Even now in Pacers land for what he left us with for the future. I really hope he returns in a more limited, but powerful role. We owe it all to Larry!

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't say Tyler has really developed anything that new in the NBA, maybe slightly better defense, but his offense is identical to what he did in college, he just got more foul calls in college. Lance and PG barely even played under JOB, Hibbert I can agree got on the path of being better even though there were a lot of hardships.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I wouldn't say Tyler has really developed anything that new in the NBA, maybe slightly better defense, but his offense is identical to what he did in college, he just got more foul calls in college. Lance and PG barely even played under JOB, Hibbert I can agree got on the path of being better even though there were a lot of hardships.
    See I think you are mistaking a lack of playing time with a lack of skill and/or progress. He still gets those fouls called in the NBA. He is second on the team and he does not even get 15 minutes a game. If he got starter minutes he would easily lead the team in getting to the line, and it would not be close. The worst thing that ever happened to Tyler's game is the arrival of David West. If Tyler was still getting starter minutes he would be easily averaging 15 and 10. And I don't think we are any worse off record wise. Granger was supposedly our best player and our record is identical without him. And supposedly last year was the year our record could have been a fluke.

Have you seen how much his court vision and passing has improved since his rookie year? He makes some pretty excellent passes and reads compared to where he was two years ago. It's not his fault his man seems to always miss easy looks.

In my mind it would be a travesty to sign West for 12 million and let Tyler walk for 6. I would take Tyler every time in that deal, because he will give you similar numbers and a bit more defense and hustle with half the pay. I stand alone on that, but I will not alter my opinion because the vast majority says otherwise. If I went with what the vast majority said PG would never be an All Star and Lance would be in jail right now. It gets tiring defending your position against the masses when your opinions could be just as right, and are in many circumstances.
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 02-20-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Hate Cowherd
    "We want Miami"

Assuming he's still on his pout that his Patriots lost to the Ravens
    "We want Miami"

several of the responses to Cowheard caught my attention, but this one really did. He must be joking.

https://twitter.com/ESPN_Colin/statu...73732102336512
    The brawl crossed the invisible line. We should feel safe while attending game. Brawl ruined that.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    several of the responses to Cowheard caught my attention, but this one really did. He must be joking.

The brawl crossed the invisible line. We should feel safe while attending game. Brawl ruined that.
    Colin nailed the response. "Oh brother"

I saw someone claim the Pacers are too inconsistent to be worth spending the money. Yeah, the team that just went 2 months without losing a home game is too "inconsistent".

:headwall:
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

He thinks that no team in the East should bother beating the Heat because he said back in 2010 when Lebron signed that they were going to win 3 straight and he believes he's right with everything he says and he'll never be wrong. That's why he pretty much got kicked off SportsNation (also because they moved to LA)
    "We want Miami"

The biggest problem is the national media. Major media outlets do not cover the Pacers enough in proportion to their achievements.

The casual fan isn't reading the Star, because no one is reading The Star. The casual fan doesn't read Pacers news on Twitter, because they don't follow Pacers-related Twitter feeds. Their friends aren't sharing Pacers news on Facebook, largely because no one is writing about the Pacers. The Pacer's ad campaigns don't do anything, because they a) largely air on FSN, a channel that you need to already be a Pacers fan to be watching, and b) of course the Pacers like the Pacers (if you follow me).

The casual fan gets sports news from ESPN, with a sprinkling of si.cnn.com or Yahoo! Sports thrown in (or the like). These outlets (especially ESPN) barely mention the Pacers. Did you see the recap of the All-Star Game that had several people in double digits but omitted Paul George's 17 points? If you only watched the ESPN highlights, you literally wouldn't even know that PG was in the game, let alone one of the top scorers for the East.

How does this tie in to the attendance problem? Look at the ignorance of the casual fans that has been exposed on The Star, Facebook, and this Cowherd thing. People have no idea how good the Pacers are, what their players are like, what the future holds. Because no one is reaching them to tell them.

It would be a different story if people said "Oh, I know the Pacers have an all-time great defense, a future superstar, a great young coach, extremely cheap ticket prices, and 4 All-Stars on their team. I'm just not interested." But they aren't. They are saying "They are thugs, they suck, they have no chance, the games are too expensive."

That is just frustrating. The national media could set them straight, but the national media doesn't want to cover the Pacers. And that is the most frustrating.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:

I wish I could find the post from yesterday (perhaps from Solozzo) on this topic.

IMO the problem is not the national media, though I could see where that could help.

The problem is Pacers Sports & Entertainment **** poor job of marketing and advertising.

Sorry to anyone like Rob or other PS&E employees who read this site, but lots of things locally could help IMO:

More TV time on all networks. Show how the team is diffrent. Show guys personalities more. And not commercials. Show 10 minutes with GG. with PG. With Hibbert

Do specials showing how the team has changed since the brawl. No player is left.

Blast twitter and facebook. Not with deals of the day. Not with deals of the week. With puff pieces about the Pacers. Maybe even ones where the players show up to local school and churches.

IMO part of the problem is the last time PS&E did a HUGe marketing campaign, **** hit the fan and to be blunt it failed miserable.

These are just my .02 from someone in VA. Maybe I am off base on what they have tried to do and maybe it is a lost cause. I sure as hell hope that is not the case, though

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    I wish I could find the post from yesterday (perhaps from Solozzo) on this topic.

IMO the problem is not the national media, though I could see where that could help.

The problem is Pacers Sports & Entertainment **** poor job of marketing and advertising.

Sorry to anyone like Rob or other PS&E employees who read this site, but lots of things locally could help IMO:

More TV time on all networks. Show how the team is diffrent. Show guys personalities more. And not commercials. Show 10 minutes with GG. with PG. With Hibbert

Do specials showing how the team has changed since the brawl. No player is left.

Blast twitter and facebook. Not with deals of the day. Not with deals of the week. With puff pieces about the Pacers. Maybe even ones where the players show up to local school and churches.

IMO part of the problem is the last time PS&E did a HUGe marketing campaign, **** hit the fan and to be blunt it failed miserable.

These are just my .02 from someone in VA. Maybe I am off base on what they have tried to do and maybe it is a lost cause. I sure as hell hope that is not the case, though
    I've been saying this for a few months, and I repeat your sentiment, no offense to Rob or anyone. The team needs to go on a viral marketing campagn.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    It wouldn't hurt if half of the games were still on channel 4. I know that is impossible now, but it would have helped because I believe a lot more of these folks would see for themselves that it ain't 2007 anymore.

Otherwise, I'm not sure. Maybe tackle the 'controversy' head on with media pieces on the local news with headlines like "Are the Pacers still thugs?" that then goes into the story explaining how that is anything but the case. Get Channel 13, 6, 8, FOX to do it. If they're game, of course. I would imagine they would be.
    Sorry, this is part of what I was talking about.

I could not agree more,

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

To be completely honest, since the new sound system went in the volume has gone up considerably. I have seriously considered bringing foam earplugs - last home game there were times when it actually hurt my ears. My wife's ears were ringing.

The problem is that they aren't adjusting the new sound capacity to the actual people in the arena. Before the game and in the first quarter (since most people on a weeknight seem not to get in until 2Q), it is almost deafening. They should gradually turn it up as the arena fills so it is appropriate.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Then again I do remember when WTHR had this huge vendetta (back during 2006-08) it seemed and no matter what happened they always tried to blow up any situation with the team.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Cowhered, like many here, doesn't understand that it's hard to undo SIX YEARS of ill will in just two seasons. I don't think people appreciate just how badly the Pacers ruined their image in the community from 2004-2010. You don't recover from that sort of devastation in just two seasons when you don't have a household name on the team. We are making process though, slowly but surely. We just have to keep winning.

People want to point the finger at the fans and not the organization which delivered an abysmal product over a six year period and completely tarnished their image. They have made amazing moves over the past few seasons, mostly because of Larry Legend, but the shadow of the ugly years still looms large.
    This as well.

I use the weight loss comparison a lot, but it is true.

Things are not going to recover overnight. It takes time.

And IMO a deep playoff run will help....a lot.

At least I hope that is the case.

Perhaps I am just naive, but I remember the fieldhouse the finals year. I remember it being a packed house. I want that so bad I would sell my soul to get that back (if I had a soul)

35. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Before the game and in the first quarter (since most people on a weeknight seem not to get in until 2Q), .
    As discussed before.... if folks can't make it in until the 2nd quarter there is a problem.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....