Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41

Thread: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

  1. #26
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

    Heaven forbid a national media person, who we don't like, gives the Pacers a glowing article. We'll just ignore it because we don't like the author, and continue to complain about our team never getting any national attention.
    Grown Man Ball

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

    You guys are acting like Whitlock is as horrible as Bill Simmons
    David "And One" West

  4. #28
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,371
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

    Jason Whitlock was on JMV's show a couple weeks ago and raved about Paul George saying how wrong he was about him last spring, but lets be honest who truly expected PG to develop so quickly expecially after his slow start this season.

    Last spring Whitlock called for everyone but Roy to be traded . I give him credit for publicly admitting how wrong he was about some thing concerning the Pacers. But I have to also give him credit for seeing just what is developing with the team this season. He freely admits to being a Pacer fan.

    He sounds like a Pacer Digest member - one minute so mad he says blow the team up then after cooling off saying threat to win it all.

    I for one appreciate him giving the team its due on the Fox Sports site, and welcome him back aboard the Pacer bandwagon.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys are acting like Whitlock is as horrible as Bill Simmons
    They can both go away for all I care.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  7. #30
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I try to not read Whitlock. I have a personal issue with him because he had one with my late father (of whom he went to Warren and graduated with) but he's also a lunatic.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  8. #31
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,308

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys are acting like Whitlock is as horrible as Bill Simmons
    Don't sully the name of Bill Simmons by comparing him to that hypocrite!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  9. #32
    Member colts19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    terre haute indiana
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

    I thought it was a great. I like the fact that unlike most national writers at least he has a clue about who the pacer players are.
    Good is the enemy of Great


    We're changing the identity of our basketball team -- dramatically. We're a power post team -- a blood-and-guts, old-school, smash-mouth team that plays with size, strength, speed and athleticism. We attack the basket. . . . This is the new identity of our team. It was a great effort. I'm very proud of our guys."
    -- Frank Vogel.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colts19 For This Useful Post:


  11. #33

    Default Re: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

    I've never understood the hate directed at writers who have been critical of a particular team. Their job is to state opinions - sometimes you may disagree, but why hold a lifelong grudge? Bill Simmons is a Celtics fan, sure. Does that make him any less knowledgeable or talented as a writer? Jason Whitlock was skeptical of the Pacers' roster after the playoff loss. He believed (like many here) we needed fearless scorer, who creates shots and gets to the rim. Now he believes George fills that role and has changed his tune - even admitting the he was wrong. I don't really understand the problem.

    Guys, Fox Sports' lead columnist just wrote a column arguing the Pacers are serious contenders. Things are pretty good right now.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:


  13. #34
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never understood the hate directed at writers who have been critical of a particular team. Their job is to state opinions - sometimes you may disagree, but why hold a lifelong grudge? Bill Simmons is a Celtics fan, sure. Does that make him any less knowledgeable or talented as a writer? Jason Whitlock was skeptical of the Pacers' roster after the playoff loss. He believed (like many here) we needed fearless scorer, who creates shots and gets to the rim. Now he believes George fills that role and has changed his tune - even admitting the he was wrong. I don't really understand the problem.

    Guys, Fox Sports' lead columnist just wrote a column arguing the Pacers are serious contenders. Things are pretty good right now.
    I couldn't care less about his opinion of the Pacers. He's a terrible columnist that injects his simple minded, and often times much worse, opinions into societal moments he has nowhere near the depth to tackle. Which would be fine, if he didn't think he were the second coming of WC Heinz or something.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  15. #35
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,553

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys are acting like Whitlock is as horrible as Bill Simmons
    If I was Bill Simmons, that would really offend me.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:


  17. #36
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

    I'd be excited if the national writer was anyone other than a known fool.

    Whitlock is an idiot, and it has nothing to do with his comments about the Pacers. It has everything to do with his moronic arguments and, as Heisenberg said, his simple mindedness.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  19. #37
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

    I really don't care for Jason Whitlock. He seems to speak more from his opinion than fact and hold grudges like no other. Plus, he's a huge Colts hater. His bashing of the Colts taking Luck was unbelievable.

  20. #38
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Lance Stephenson is the right kind of idiot."

    Who grinned and nodded? Come on, raise your hands.
    People got so used to hating on lance that they just don't know what to do now that they have been undeniably proven wrong. Group think is a dangerous thing, especially when the muse has a jaded opinion. The majority didn't want him on the team before the season started. People (completely generic People who don't become offended) still hating on him now are the true idiots.

    Signed

    One of lance's biggest supporters from the beginning. I became one of his "biggest fans" by doing little more than defending that he should be given a chance to grow.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

  21. #39
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,611

    Default Re: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

    While calling Lance the right kind of idiot was gold.

    Calling Frank Vogel Khaleesi is platinum. I will not be able to see him tomorrow night without imagining him with a long bleach blond wig.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  22. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    415
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

    I love how he ruined 2 great shows for people who haven't seen them. Lol. And I wanted to start watching The Wire soon. I found the article to be both irritating and satisfying at the same time.

  23. #41
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,045

    Default Re: Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whitlock was calling for the team to be blown up around PG two weeks ago. Screw him.
    He says that in the article.

    He also says he's a Pacer homer. It's an okay article, but I don't agree with all his reasoning.

Similar Threads

  1. Request: Chad Ford column "Trade Talk"
    By JayRedd in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 05:34 PM
  2. Pacers Storm Back, Beat Heat in Shaq’s Return (Pacers.com)
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 06:12 AM
  3. Pacers Spoil Shaq's Return, Beat Heat
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 01:40 AM
  4. Pacers Rally From 20 Down to Beat Heat
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 12:40 AM
  5. Even Without Shaq, The Miami Heat Beat The Pacers
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 01:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •