Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A love letter from the Indiana Pacers to its estranged fan base.

Default Re: A love letter from the Indiana Pacers to its estranged fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol @ partying your *** off. Made me crack up.
    By the standards of grandparents, yes, they absolutely do.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    For crying out loud, committing to 41 games should be worth SOMETHING more than just plopping the money down and getting a nice wave.
    If you don't appreciate the STH events the PS&E put on, I'll gladly take your spot.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    If you don't appreciate the STH events the PS&E put on, I'll gladly take your spot.
    Haven't had any in quite some time. At least, none we've been told about.

Look, I understand what folks are saying, and I certainly have reasons for being an STH that are fulfilled or I wouldn't do it. On the other hand, isn't it a bit ironic for the same people who say "give people full integrated in-seat multimedia experiences to get their butts in the seats for a single game at $5 a head" to basically also say "and if the people already committing to 41 games a season at 10 times that price don't like paying that much, they can stop buying season tickets"? Doesn't that seem like killing the Golden Goose so you can attract the Cat Who Walks By Himself?

I don't want red carpets or fanfares (though getting you guys to stand up when we wave our arms would be nice ). I just want at the bottom line to be able to sell a ticket for a game I can't go to for something approaching what it cost me - and every season where tickets are going for silly low prices below the STH price is another season where the ticket in and of itself is pretty worthless.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    By the standards of grandparents, yes, they absolutely do.
    Ho ho ho you soooooo fonny.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

I know we're getting a little off-topic, but if we are talking about people that look like Vogel... This guy from Impractical Jokers reminds me of him.
    impractical-jokers-joe-gatto.jpg

Look, I understand what folks are saying, and I certainly have reasons for being an STH that are fulfilled or I wouldn't do it. On the other hand, isn't it a bit ironic for the same people who say "give people full integrated in-seat multimedia experiences to get their butts in the seats for a single game at $5 a head" to basically also say "and if the people already committing to 41 games a season at 10 times that price don't like paying that much, they can stop buying season tickets"? Doesn't that seem like killing the Golden Goose so you can attract the Cat Who Walks By Himself?
    No. I see it as someone who's wanting to get bang for their buck, and telling someone else that if they don't feel like they're getting the bang for their buck to stop spending so much bucks.
    Last edited by Since86; 02-19-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    No. I see it as someone who's wanting to get bang for their buck, and telling someone else that if they don't feel like they're getting the bang for their buck to stop spending so much bucks.
    And a marketing and pricing policy that drives away the people already spending their money is sound policy?
    BillS

And a marketing and pricing policy that drives away the people already spent their money is sound policy?
    Correction....in the great words of Bill Maher, "Sorry, already got your money bro"
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Correction....in the great words of Bill Maher, "Sorry, already got your money bro"
    Not like they don't need our money again next year...
    BillS

And a marketing and pricing policy that drives away the people already spending their money is sound policy?
    I've argued that their entire marketing/pricing policy is horrible, not just when it effects season ticket holders.

Haven't had any in quite some time. At least, none we've been told about.
    A little birdie told me you got one coming up...
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Not like they don't need our money again next year...
    And they have done the exact same thing for almost a decade. If you still renewed when they were an embarrassment to the city both on and off the court, I doubt they are too concerned about what you are going to do after this year.

Bill - it would require a conversation due to the extended details, but if you would be interested then I would be happy to discuss the marketing strategy and how you save over the course of the season even with special offers. Please email me a time that works for you and I'll call.

Also, I think it is very important to state that there is no more important of a customer than a Season Ticket Holder.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RobfromPacers For This Useful Post:

The question really comes down to whether the Pacers want the revenue or they want butts in seats. They will not get both until a true rivalry that spills into the playoffs erupts like Knicks vs Pacers.

So, all this talk about filling the BLF is really a waste of time. Any bump you get via marketing will be just that. A bump. ...particularly with the government raising taxes on everyone and the unemployment rate stubbornly high.

Mood

I would love to see truly how much money someone would spend on 41 single-game tickets throughout the year, and if they truly DO save money over the course of a season compared to a season ticket holder. I'm over in section 201, and my Season Tickets cost me about $450. Averages out to about $11-12 a game if you include the preseason. For every Wednesday game against Charlotte-calibur teams that I pay $11 when the seats around me are $3, I wonder if those Friday games where I still pay $11 and those who buy the seats around us on Stubhub/Ticketexchange/etc have to pay $25-50 would eventually lead to me paying less money.

If not, oh well. I love being a season ticket holder. I love MY seat.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    A little birdie told me you got one coming up...
    Dodgeball with Donnie?
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    I know we're getting a little off-topic, but if we are talking about people that look like Vogel... This guy from Impractical Jokers reminds me of him.
    impractical-jokers-joe-gatto.jpg
    Ehhh.... maybe a little bit.
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO

This boils down to poor customer service, which I have experienced. The employees of BLF need to have the attitude that every single fan in attendance is VIP. For some people, the basketball game alone isnt enough. Some of these ushers in the suits are old and cranky. Sorry, but being nagged to show the usher your ticket, while others,arent being nagged is irritating
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This boils down to poor customer service, which I have experienced. The employees of BLF need to have the attitude that every single fan in attendance is VIP. For some people, the basketball game alone isnt enough. Some of these ushers in the suits are old and cranky. Sorry, but being nagged to show the usher your ticket, while others,arent being nagged is irritating
    Personally, I think the ushers are top notch. I've learned that if you're nice to them, you can expect the same in return.

Edit: Except for Lurch, don't mess with him.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

I would agree with you there, I sit in row 2 of the balcony and sometimes we get hassled trying to walk past the Usher and down the steps. I'm not sure they have their roles clearly defined.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    Personally, I think the ushers are top notch. I've learned that if you're nice to them, you can expect the same in return.

But Lurch isn't a usher..... At least I don't think so.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post

I am legitimately terrified of Lurch lol. Whenever he is around, i will do whatever it takes to avoid eye contact
    David "And One" West

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

If you ever have an issue with someone specific, please email me at rlaycock at pacers dot com. I'll be happy to keep your feedback anonymous if you prefer. There's no reason for anyone - BLF usher, ESG security, or Pacers employee to treat anyone with disrespect or rudeness.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RobfromPacers For This Useful Post:

I do have to say I had a pretty bad experience with an usher last year at a playoff game. It was game 3 against the Heat and my 11 year old sister was with me, some of you know where we sit in our company seats, but it is right behind P's bench. During a heat of the moment after a big play she got up on her seat to cheer (she isn't that tall and everyone was staiding), and I know this isn't encouraged, but the usher kind of went off on her and gave her a dirty look and us a dirty look as well. And it was like really? Here the whole arena is going bananas we are beating the crap out of the heat, and you decide now is the perfect time to jump an 11 year old girl's **** for getting up on her seat in the middle of an exciting play? I was pretty taken aback, but for the most part my experience over 10+ years of attending games at the BLF has been positive when it comes to ushers. This was just one very odd time, but it did suck becuase my sister was kind of reserved the rest of the game after the usher had given her so much crap.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

A thought:

While I love coming online and venting about my favotie team(s), it is really cool PS&E let an employee (perhaps let is a poor choice. Encourage may be better) come here and view this thread while represending the organization in an official capacity.

I can only speak for myself, but I do not expect Rob to "like" posts or argue points, but frankly it is awesome to see he is reading and engaging the fan base when neccessary.

While I would love immidiate gratification, a simple change in policies over time is what I think would be truly awesome and proof that TPTB are listening.

I am sure if we all went to a PS&E weekly staff meeting we would be shocked how some of our ideas are already talked about, and for whatever reason were shot down or are simply in the works. Regardless, it is cool to know that even if only one idea makes it into the board room from this site (or thread, etc) that we (as a community) made a small diffrence.

I feel I am rabling, but in short, thanks for even being here Rob.

PS. Maybe it is just coinsidnece, but pretty cool to see PG letter to PS&E employees come out after some questions about marketing/PR.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post: