Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Danny Granger post ASG update(s)

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger post ASG update(s)

huh? Tuesday? What aren't they telling us?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    huh? Tuesday? What aren't they telling us?
    That he might play tomorrow in Detroit.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    How did Smosley21 see the banner being worked on? I'd assume thats behind the scenes somewhere. I've only ever been back there once. Does he work for the Pacers?
    In subsequent tweets he said he was at the game, sitting behind some of the design people who were working on a banner for the site.

I don't know whether or not it's legit. I just happened to see it because Peck re-tweeted it.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    In subsequent tweets he said he was at the game, sitting behind some of the design people who were working on a banner for the site.

I don't know whether or not it's legit. I just happened to see it because Peck re-tweeted it.
    THats a bit hard to believe that they would be working on that stuff out in the open during the game. If that true, I'm sending my design portfolio to BLF first thing on Monday morning.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

THats a bit hard to believe that they would be working on that stuff out in the open during the game. If that true, I'm sending my design portfolio to BLF first thing on Monday morning.
    There's absolutely no benefit to lying about this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Smosley21 posts here, assuming there's not 2 Pacers fans that go buy that screenname anyway

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

"Working" on it or just sharing some draft jpegs of it on their phones and making suggestions for Monday morning or something like that maybe?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    Scott Agness ‏@ScottAgness
    "He's cleared to play but we're not going to throw him out there if he's not sharp, not in shape or have his rhythm and timing down" - Vogel
    There's no need right now for Danny to come back before he can mash seamlessly with the team. We are blowing people out and people are freaking out about Danny not playing. Read the above from Vogal and try believing it. Also Danny himself probably doesn't want to come back and look bad.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    There's no need right now for Danny to come back before he can mash seamlessly with the team. We are blowing people out and people are freaking out about Danny not playing. Read the above from Vogal and try believing it. Also Danny himself probably doesn't want to come back and look bad.
    Yep. We're doing so well there's just no reason not to give him some extra time to get more practice in and get some of his rhythm and conditioning back. Seems smart to me even though I am really looking forward to seeing Danny back. We know he's been cleared to play, so it's not a matter of a setback.

As long as it doesn't stretch too far into March - because I want him to have enough time to get through the next adjustment period as he acclimates to real game conditions and pushes through fatigue. I want the coaching staff to have enough time to figure out his role and so forth.

But we have a smart coaching staff guys and gals, I think they'll be pretty good at balancing those competing interests well.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

A small video about teams getting players back for the second half with Chris Mannix:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vid...?sct=uk_bf3_a4

and a related video with Chris MannixL

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...r_a2#cnnWebtag

source: 2x cnnsi.com
    Last edited by Mourning; 02-23-2013 at 03:17 AM.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Here's the story about last night...

My girlfriend and I were at the game, sitting in Section 20, Row 26. This row is the first row on the "2nd level" of the lower level on the end of the court. There used to be a 3-D seating chart on pacers.com but I can't find it now to show what our view was. Basically there is a walkway and a long row of handicap accessible seats on that walkway. There were several employees sitting there with their laptops out doing their thing. The female that was right in front of us appeared to be working on banners and various graphics for Pacers.com.

At some point during the 3rd quarter (IIRC) my girlfriend looked down and saw her working on the "2 For Tuesday" banner for the site, and pointed out that it said "He's back!". From there I started eavesdropping and saw a picture of Granger being added as the background image and later what looked to possibly be a video (kind of had the look of a message from Granger). The vibe of it looked pretty intense, like the "I'm back and the rest of the league better be ready for us" kind of vibe. That's just me assuming though, based on the look of the still shot. It wasn't smiling Danny. He had a very serious look on his face. I tried to paparazzi a picture of what I could see, but she was being pretty quick about everything she did (lots of minimizing screens and opening others). Later in the 4th quarter, a male employee came and sat down next to her with his laptop. He had the same Granger image with "He's back!" tagged on it. He was only there for maybe a minute or two before he closed up shop and bailed.

So from what I saw, a Pacers employee was creating graphics for Pacers.com for Tuesday's game against Golden State, which featured an image of Danny Granger and said "He's back!" Might be a fluke and doesn't really mean anything. She could be creating the same graphic for the next few games just to get ahead and then scrap the ones she doesn't end up using. I doubt that's the case, but it's possible. All I know for sure is that I just bought my tickets for Tuesday night.
    Grown Man Ball

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Danny tonight!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Someone else hit the nail on the head. Tuesday is his "He's back!" moment for the home crowd. Just got 2 tickets in the fan zone, section 2 for a total of $35. And people say Pacers games aren't affordable
    Grown Man Ball

21. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

cant wait to see Danny in action tonight, even just in limited minutes!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Auggie For This Useful Post:

I just can't wait to see the expression on the face of whomever is guarding the position that Danny comes in to play. Could you imagine guarding PG for 10 minutes, hearing the horn blow and watch Granger come to check you?!BUMMER!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    Here's the story about last night...

My girlfriend and I were at the game, sitting in Section 20, Row 26. This row is the first row on the "2nd level" of the lower level on the end of the court. There used to be a 3-D seating chart on pacers.com but I can't find it now to show what our view was. Basically there is a walkway and a long row of handicap accessible seats on that walkway. There were several employees sitting there with their laptops out doing their thing. The female that was right in front of us appeared to be working on banners and various graphics for Pacers.com.

At some point during the 3rd quarter (IIRC) my girlfriend looked down and saw her working on the "2 For Tuesday" banner for the site, and pointed out that it said "He's back!". From there I started eavesdropping and saw a picture of Granger being added as the background image and later what looked to possibly be a video (kind of had the look of a message from Granger). The vibe of it looked pretty intense, like the "I'm back and the rest of the league better be ready for us" kind of vibe. That's just me assuming though, based on the look of the still shot. It wasn't smiling Danny. He had a very serious look on his face. I tried to paparazzi a picture of what I could see, but she was being pretty quick about everything she did (lots of minimizing screens and opening others). Later in the 4th quarter, a male employee came and sat down next to her with his laptop. He had the same Granger image with "He's back!" tagged on it. He was only there for maybe a minute or two before he closed up shop and bailed.

So from what I saw, a Pacers employee was creating graphics for Pacers.com for Tuesday's game against Golden State, which featured an image of Danny Granger and said "He's back!" Might be a fluke and doesn't really mean anything. She could be creating the same graphic for the next few games just to get ahead and then scrap the ones she doesn't end up using. I doubt that's the case, but it's possible. All I know for sure is that I just bought my tickets for Tuesday night.
    Grown Man Ball

27. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    I just can't wait to see the expression on the face of whomever is guarding the position that Danny comes in to play. Could you imagine guarding PG for 10 minutes, hearing the horn blow and watch Granger come to check you?!BUMMER!
    I think he'll get subbed in on Lance's rotation.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird