Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LiL Wayne goes off on the Miami Heat apparently

Default Re: LiL Wayne goes off on the Miami Heat apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have never felt so old in my life.....

Someone tell me why is this news? I have no idea.
    Lil Wayne has some pretty strong NBA connections, and especially with the Heat. He sits court side at a lot of Heat games and had some interaction with LeBron and Wade.

Although obviously not at the same level, it's like if Jack Nicholson was banned from Lakers games and he went on a talk show and blasted Kobe, Dwight and Pau. Lil Wayne has been one of the more vocal celebrities associated with the league. It really would be shocking if he was banned from the league. So there's a reason it's news, even if it's stupid news.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Kind of lost? He completely fell off.
    Yeah it's hard to argue with that. The No Ceilings mix tape is the last truly good thing he's released and that was four years ago.

But at the same time, Lil Wayne has become such a caricature that people are really forgetting what a massive creative force he was at his peak. And I'm not making this up out of thin air. He was being talked about as a genuine artist in places like the New Yorker. There was genuine excitement that he was a game changing artist.

Lol at people defending hip hop "artists". It's fine if you like it(I respect your opinion) but anybody that saw Kanye follow some of the rock legends at the benefit concert a month ago knows just how far the music industry has fallen. I would like to play keyboards in Kanye's band. I can stand back there and act like I'm playing while reloading the CD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I have never felt so old in my life.....

Someone tell me why is this news? I have no idea.
    It is like if Ringo Starr said disparaging things about the New York Knickerbockers and said he made love to Dave DeBussher's wife.

Hope that clears it up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I can't hate on Kanye when the guy is busy writing quadruple entendres. To me that is much more impressive than writing "starts in my noes and goes to my toes"

With that all said , I am unfortunately all too aware of most popular hip hop setting lyricism back 1000 years

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My understanding is that whatever punishment he has received he has received because he got into it with another fan and made a motion with/to his belt line indicating that he was carrying a gun on him in the arena.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Yeah it's hard to argue with that. The No Ceilings mix tape is the last truly good thing he's released and that was four years ago.

But at the same time, Lil Wayne has become such a caricature that people are really forgetting what a massive creative force he was at his peak. And I'm not making this up out of thin air. He was being talked about as a genuine artist in places like the New Yorker. There was genuine excitement that he was a game changing artist.
    He was a fake. His peak came when he was NOT writing his own lyrics....coincidence that he completely fell off when Gillie Da Kid came out and said he's done writing for him?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post
    He was a fake. His peak came when he was NOT writing his own lyrics....coincidence that he completely fell off when Gillie Da Kid came out and said he's done writing for him?
    You're wrong on this one. Gillie da Kid left Cash Money after Carter I (which came out in 2004), which no one in their right mind would call Lil Wayne's peak. His peak, almost undisputedly, was 06-08 with the mix tapes and Carter III. Someone may have been helping him write at this point, I don't know and don't care, but there's no chance it was Gillie.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lil Wayne is a punk.

He's the type of guy that would bring a gun to a fist fight. Or if rumors are correct, the type of guy that would sneak a gun into an arena.

He's the only guy Ive ever heard who's voice sounds worse using autotune. Millionaire is the only song that had any creativity to it, IMO. Granted I'm not a hip hop junkie like I was back in the 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Re: LiL Wayne goes off on the Miami Heat apparently

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    You're wrong on this one. Gillie da Kid left Cash Money after Carter I (which came out in 2004), which no one in their right mind would call Lil Wayne's peak. His peak, almost undisputedly, was 06-08 with the mix tapes and Carter III. Someone may have been helping him write at this point, I don't know and don't care, but there's no chance it was Gillie.
    Sorry I meant Gillie was one of the writers and you're right I got my time line confused, but not Lil Wayne. There is no confusion here. He is NOT anywhere near one of the best artists even in his prime. He sold himself and his gimmick was working.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tha_Car...#Track_listing .......here you can see the only one he worked on the verses by himself was the song with Robin Thicke (awful)

"But I'm To Wrong To Write.
    To Fresh To Fight.
    To Paid To Freestyle.
    To Good To Freestyle.
    I Had To Say It Twice
    Swagger So Nice." ***

He doesn't hide it?

Every music genre has it garbage music. But some of these guys are so dumb it is staggering. The kind of dumb where they couldn't tell you what color the White House is. Lil Wayne falls into that category.

NBA Says There Is "No Truth" To Lil Wayne Being Banned From NBA Events

Lebron James posted this on instagram earlier today...

Seems like a not very thinly veiled, but very on point, jab at Little D'Wayne.
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I can't hate on Kanye when the guy is busy writing quadruple entendres. To me that is much more impressive than writing "starts in my noes and goes to my toes"

With that all said , I am unfortunately all too aware of most popular hip hop setting lyricism back 1000 years

Lyrics are important but really they are the last thing I judge music by. Give me songwriting, great vocals, and musicianship. I was just referring to the fact that when I saw Kanye perform live there was not a drummer or bass player to be found and even the 3 "keyboard" players were obviously not performing everything I was hearing.(that's why I said reload the CD's) I was wondering is it live or is it memorex? Might as well be Karaoke night at the local pub. Really gets to us musicians. People pay hundreds of dollars to hear him rap to a tape basically. It was bad. I hope all hip hop artists are not like this live.

Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tha_Car...#Track_listing .......here you can see the only one he worked on the verses by himself was the song with Robin Thicke (awful)
    Because those songwriting credits include hooks, not only verses. Lil Wayne is a talented guy but he's not gonna write twelve hooks along with all the verses. This is how albums are made. Take a look at the track listing for Kendrick Lamar's album from last year, or pretty much any rap album from the modern era. Guess how many solo writing credits Tupac has on "All Eyez on Me." I'll give you a hint, it's less than one.

Lyrics are important but really they are the last thing I judge music by. Give me songwriting, great vocals, and musicianship. I was just referring to the fact that when I saw Kanye perform live there was not a drummer or bass player to be found and even the 3 "keyboard" players were obviously not performing everything I was hearing.(that's why I said reload the CD's) I was wondering is it live or is it memorex? Might as well be Karaoke night at the local pub. Really gets to us musicians. People pay hundreds of dollars to hear him rap to a tape basically. It was bad. I hope all hip hop artists are not like this live.
    I've seen Kanye live actually. He had three opening acts (including a still not so famous Rihanna) and did an hour and a half show with a full neon light show, moving sets, and performed an outer space opera set to his music where he talked to a giant sentient spaceship, followed by a Journey sing along. No one left disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    you would cheat on this guy?

he's fabulous

Totally off topic, but I never noticed how much Chris Paul looks like LaMarcus Aldridge. Anybody else see that? Like maybe what Aldridge looked like at 11 years old.
    Last edited by MnvrChvy; 02-20-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    I hope Jay Z defends Bron and disses the ***** out of Wayne
    A little part of me wants that to happen, but I still hate the Heat.
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO