View Poll Results: Who do you want?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul George

    50 41.32%
  • Kyrie Irving

    71 58.68%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 194

Thread: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

  1. #51
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    17,232

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Kyrie Irving is awesome. He is an absolutely complete offensive player and he is only 20 years old. He has amazing handles, he can shoot, he has good body control, he has great footwork, he can drive and finish at the rim, he can post up, he can pass. He can do everything on the offensive side of the ball. But he's not a two-way player yet. And he is a point guard.

    Yes, the point guard is one of the most important positions in basketballs. But what's important is that your point guard knows his role. You don't have to be an amazing talent to be a successful point guard. If you are a good basketball player and you execute your role then you can be a successful point guard even if you are not a top 10 talent. In fact, point guards that are top 10 talents tend to win less titles than any other position in the NBA.

    Simply put, wings and bigs win more often than PGs. Under this premise, I would take Paul George over Kyrie Irving. Simply because Paul is a wing and Kyrie is a PG.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,130

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's crazy to think is that as good as PG is at the 3-ball... Kyrie still hits it at a higher clip. At 20... in his second season. Kyrie's form isn't even really all taht perfect, he's got a lot of room to improve. And he's still hitting high and even winning the 3-ball contest despite all odds. He hit something like 17 out of 18 at one point during the contest final round.

    Kyrie is going off of pure talent at this point. His shooting form isn't all that great (like you said) and as tight as his handle is (and I think it's the best in the game) he still has yet to master driving angles, changing speeds, and the use of a floater (all ala Tony Parker) within his arsenal. What I mean is, once he learns to play basketball more, he'll be even better than he is currently.

    I think one thing Kyrie will always have over Paul is the ability to score whenever he wants. Kyrie ALWAYS gets himself a good look, and it's second nature to him. He's a player that's much more likely to go off for 30 or 40 points in a given game, whether he's hitting the 3-ball or not. If Paul isn't knocking down his 3's, he most likely isn't going to score much over 20--if at all.

    Now does that necessarily make him better than Paul is a completely different discussion, but I think Kyrie will always be ahead offensively.

    Edit: And because of his size and athleticism, Paul wll always be better defensively.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    I will trade my first born to bring Kyrie to the Pacers pair him with PG. How many first borns will it take? Who wants in on this?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  7. #54
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,042

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will trade my first born to bring Kyrie to the Pacers pair him with PG. How many first borns will it take? Who wants in on this?
    Don't reach young blood.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  9. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,661
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last night, Spo benched Kyrie for Paul. Bosh was benched for Noah....would be interesting to see his take on this.
    Noah last night showed the world why he is one of my favorite players. Guys who play hard no matter the setting or game is a guy I want on my team. You could tell Noah and Paul wanted to win Bosh didn't. The huddle said it all to me PG24 and Noah had there game faces on and everyone eles didn't. That was what made me most proud of Paul. Spo asked the unit to play hard and win it and pg24 just looked serious and nodded. I was upset Spo but Bosh in I think they win the game if they keep Noah and PG24 the whole 4th. Pg24 showed what all the greats have desire to win not matter what and that was pretty cool. I knew Noah had that trait but I didn't know pg24 did.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  11. #56
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,558

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    I know he plays point but IMO, he plays more like a Shooting Guard. He's more like Dwayne Wade than he is Chris Paul that's for sure.

    Kyrie's defense still leaves a lot to be desired. He's downright terrible at times, losing his man away from the ball. If he can improve in that area, he'll be an MVP caliber player. I still need to see Paul George finish this season out before I can say that he's definitely superstar bound. I have no doubts that Kyrie will be a superstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  12. #57
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    I actually think I might call Kyrie Gilbert Arenas without the crazy.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  13. #58
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't reach young blood.
    Yes.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #59
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,042

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    The fact that this is conversation, and while I don't want to change my pick, just knowing that Paul has a legitimate argument is incredibly exciting.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  16. #60
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,130

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually think I might call Kyrie Gilbert Arenas without the crazy.
    Great comparison there. From the size to the ability to score from the PG spot.

  17. #61
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,991

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Kyrie. I'm not sure it would even be close. Kyrie is gonna be the best pg in the league in a couple of years once CP3 slows down.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  18. #62
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,041

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Kyrie isn't necessarily small by PG standards, either. 6'3", 200 lbs. And he's going to fill out more in the next few years. I could completely see him developing one heckuva back-to-the-basket post-game a la Mark Jackson down the road (he's already bigger than Mark), sooner than later, and that would pretty much give him the most complete offensive skillset in the league at that position. He does all that without being an athletic freak like John Wall, which just goes to show that he's got it "up there" where it counts. He's got the mental superiority. He uses angles and momentum and leverage better than almost anyone I've watched recently. He's not bulling people over with strength and speed like LeBron or jumping over people. He's got a very low-to-the-ground game.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 02-18-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  20. #63

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that this is conversation, and while I don't want to change my pick, just knowing that Paul has a legitimate argument is incredibly exciting.
    I don't know who I'd go with, honestly. (Although, I personally would lean towards PG..) But Irving is certainly going to be quite special..and as you said, the fact that there's a legitimate argument for PG is exciting.

  21. #64
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Someone should show this poll to PG

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. #65
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    17,232

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know he plays point but IMO, he plays more like a Shooting Guard. He's more like Dwayne Wade than he is Chris Paul that's for sure.
    He's certainly a scoring point guard. That's true. And Tony Parker (another great scoring point guard) has won while taking a Finals MVP.

    Kyrie could certainly have a career similar to Tony. But he would also need a Duncan.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  23. #66
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,042

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's certainly a scoring point guard. That's true. And Tony Parker (another great scoring point guard) has won while taking a Finals MVP.

    Kyrie could certainly have a career similar to Tony. But he would also need a Duncan.
    He's getting an Oden.

  24. #67
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's getting an Oden.
    Good one.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. #68
    2014 Champs HeliumFear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Branch,IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    369
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Right now,Kyrie is unquestionably better than George is. That may change in the coming seasons or it may not,but for now I'd take Kyrie.
    Pacers,baby!

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to HeliumFear For This Useful Post:


  27. #69
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,117

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Kyrie is most definitely a point guard. He can pass the ball very well. But a contested jumper from him is still a better shot than a wide open corner three from CJ Miles.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:


  29. #70

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Not a knock on Paul George by any means, but I would take Kyrie. He is a Chris Paul Jr, albeit a worse passer but a better finisher.

  30. #71
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Posts
    2,499

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    I was thinking Kyrie at first, but then I got to thinking... If you look at the recent history of the league all of the biggest stars have been wing players. You have Kobe, KD, LeBron, etc. Also, like it's been mentioned, Paul can guard LeBron, bring up the ball, and score. I think Paul has a more all-around game than Kyrie. The only thing Kyrie is noticeably better than PG at is scoring. Everybody wants to compare Kyrie to Chris Paul, but he really doesn't get his teammates involved that much. I think the comparison to Gilbert Arenas without the off-court troubles is a good comparison actually. Speaking of Chris Paul, he is a great point guard, the best in the league. He has never won a ring though, the point guard position is important, but it is clear that wings win championships in this era at least.

    I am not trying to knock Kyrie, it is obvious that he is very talented. I also think Paul has a ways to go if he is going to be mentioned in the same breath as LeBron, Kobe, and Durant. I honestly don't know if he'll ever be that good. If I'm going to start a franchise though, I think I'll have to go with PG.

    On a side note: I have also recently thought about Paul being the next guy that Uncle Drew picks up. That would be awesome.
    Last edited by PGisthefuture; 02-18-2013 at 03:51 PM.

  31. #72

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Since the poll said "Who do you want", I went with PG. Kyrie is great, he's going to be a superstar, he's never going to be a 6'10", defensive stopper at 3 position, rebounding, scoring threat all over the floor, Paul George! JMO

  32. #73
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,117

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?


  33. #74
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Had anyone seen this? Dunno how I missed, but I remember PG got some pub along with Kyrie that they were the two young guns who looked like they belonged in those runs in Vegas last summer.

    This story is hilarious.

    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...-of-one-on-one

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  35. #75
    Member pumpk35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    109

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best Young All-Star: PG or Kyrie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't reach young blood.
    HAHA! Logged in to thank that one!

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to pumpk35 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Kyrie Irving fractured hand
    By pacers74 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 07:14 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 01:31 AM
  3. Kyrie Irving Video spoof
    By joew8302 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 04:38 PM
  4. Sources: Cavs plan to pick Kyrie Irving
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 09:28 PM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 04:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •