Thread: Too many big guys...

JO_pace

Default Too many big guys...

By the time we are all healthy, we'll have too many big guys...

david harrison, jeff foster, jonathan bender, austin croshere, jermaine oneal, scot pollard, marcus haislip, john edwards

Some of them have to go and be traded. Carlisle didn't want to trade bender earlier, so that won't be an option. Who do you guys think should go? My guess is John Edwards will be waived. But with that many good players, some won't be happy being on the third line. What do you guys think?

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Too many big guys...

First of all I want to see what happens with Artest and his appeal with regards to the suspension he got. IF it is reduced than I'm all for making a trade to improve the quality up front for quantity. That might end up in us giving up 2 or 3 decent players for 1 or 2 players who are better but not immensely better. What it does do is, again, improve quality and 2 prevends lockerroom/chemistry problems after our star trio get back and minutes have been slashed MASSIVELY into for guys like Fred Jones, James Jones, David Harrison, Austin Croshere, Reggie Miller and Scot Pollard. For some that might not be a problem, Reggie forinstance, but for others it might be, also the conditions for us to make a trade would be favorable to us, because all these guys DID play susbstantial minutes and did have an impact, so doubting about what they can do won't be very high, so the trade value of all these players should be pretty decent.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

You can always trade one of them to New Jersey.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

but, to be more concrete, I would be willing to trade Pollard, James Jones, and even Austin Croshere and/or Jeff Foster IF the price/return upfront would be right. And, yes, Edwards will be waived. Haislip probably too, though he seemed pretty decent yesterday against the Bulls.

I would consider sending Bender too IF this will be another "lost season", but I doubt we would get a lot in return now. JO, Jax, Freddie, Reggie, Tins and Harrison are "untouchable" to me now. With regards to Artest ... if the price is right than, yes, do it. What exactly "right" would mean would be difficult to determine.

Regards,

Mourning

Haislip and Edwards will be dropped and the roster then stands at 15.

Every other player on that roster knows and knew their role, they will be glad to be on a winning team, time to fly out will come for some in due course, but none to soon, James Jones is the only "expiring" contract on the roster and I have a feeling he will get an extension or a new contract for 3 years, Reggie will either play another year or not, depending on the outcome of this year, Curry will at longest stay the year, Gill has a one year to if I'm not mistaken, so one or two spots are at least open at the end of the year.
    The year after Polly's contract expires, so does Fred Jones and Reggie Miller if he plays next year.

In all I see little reason to tinker with the roster, providing we keep Ron, if not then bigger changes will be made, but if he's kept the roster looks more then solid and contender type strength for quite some years to come.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I am sure the rest of the league can't wait to trade for Edwards and Haislip

Old as Dirt

That is right trade one of the top 3 rebounders the NBA who is also getting double firguers. And then gripe because we can"t rebound Sure glad these people are not running the team

Quote Originally Posted by Old as Dirt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is right trade one of the top 3 rebounders the NBA who is also getting double firguers. And then gripe because we can"t rebound Sure glad these people are not running the team
    Out of what I posted: "IF the price/return upfront would be right". For the record I like and have always liked Foster a lot, but don't act like he can not be replaced by a potentially better player.

Regards,

Mourning

Okay, let me get this straight. You're complaining that we'll have "too many" big guys?! Yep, I'm sure everyone else in the league will feel real sorry for us.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

NO! I am saying that it MIGHT be wise to consider a quantity for quality trade later this season when everyone is back AND IF (a BIG "IF") Artest gets his suspension reduced, so he could play for us in the play-offs and a small part of the regular season. IF that would be the case, than, yes, I am all for trading quantity for quality, certainly now that our 2nd and 3rd stringers have been doing good things for their worth in such a trade. THAT is what I am saying.

It's not vital to be the deepest team in the league. And do me a favour don't come with the "look what happenned to us now, isn't it great to be this deep now"-argument, because, yes, it is great NOW to be this deep, but what has happenned is SO rare that keeping our team this deep for such an event would be stupid.

Regards,

Mourning

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sure the rest of the league can't wait to trade for Edwards and Haislip

I remember last year, we were complaining we didn't have enough big guys. Oh the good ol days.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

JO_pace

a trade for quantity vs quality sounds good...but walsh rarely makes big trades like that...but if he does, the pacers should get way better by next year!

I think we have just enough big guys.

If we assume Rick will go with Jeff/JO to start:

We have two quality bigs to backup the C spot in Pollard and Harrison.
    We have a quality backup PF in Cro, not to mention the bonus we'd gain if Bender ever comes back for good.

I could care less about Haislip and Edwards, and I imagine one or both will be waived.

Haislip, Edwards, and Bender don't count. They hardly ever play. So really, that is 3 less big men. If you even consider Bender a big man, the *** is so skinny.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!