Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LET'S BRING THE NBA ALL STAR GAME TO INDIANAPOLIS.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: LET'S BRING THE NBA ALL STAR GAME TO INDIANAPOLIS.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trades with the Golden Sate Warriors? Brawls? Ticketmaster Fees? These are the reasons (excuses) I always hear, but unsure how the relate...
    Because NBA basketball is not in demand in Indiana an NBA All-Star game will not be pursued. There is a relationship between the lack of interest in the Pacers and the NBA in Indiana.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In terms of the All-Star game and NBA Draft (both excellent ideas), I think the NBA is celebrity driven. For goodness sake, they even have a celebrity game. Indianapolis is not a celebrity hotspot. It is not known for 'beautiful people' and red carpet events. In fact, most celebrities would choose to stay in Chicago and fly in to Indianapolis for the event. I think that is the problem. I think the draft, which is embedded in New York, would be a greater possibility than the All-Star Game.

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    Probably because this is a Pacers board, so the Pacers are discussed.
    you know what I mean
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

If pursuit of the ASG is actually coded into a contract tied to the BLF lease then it seems like the Pacers did some bad faith negotiating considering how far back the record goes with them not being interested in the ASG. Especially coupled with the fact nothing seems to have changed with regards to pursuit of an ASG after the new arena came online either.

Local government made concessions to the Pacers in the form of taxpayer dollars with those concessions seen as investments. They would expect some concessions on the part of the Pacers as well. If in the negotiations local government asked the Pacers to pursue an ASG as a way to enhance the taxpayer investment then either PS&E should legitimately pursue the ASG or PS&E never should've agreed and put it in writing in the first place. PS&E had to know the costs and lack of desire to host an ASG for their own direct financial benefits when they were negotiating the Fieldhouse deal. But the indirect benefit was in enhancing the deal they were asking the city to sign off on and the building and lease of the Fieldhouse (which certainly and directly benefits PS&E).

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    In terms of the All-Star game and NBA Draft (both excellent ideas), I think the NBA is celebrity driven. For goodness sake, they even have a celebrity game. Indianapolis is not a celebrity hotspot. It is not known for 'beautiful people' and red carpet events. In fact, most celebrities would choose to stay in Chicago and fly in to Indianapolis for the event. I think that is the problem. I think the draft, which is embedded in New York, would be a greater possibility than the All-Star Game.
    I agree with you that Indianapolis isn't a celebrity hotspot but it isn't Peoria, IL either. There is enough to do downtown and on the North side for celebrities to keep themselves busy for a weekend. There were some Hollywood-level red carpet events during the Super Bowl week.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    Nothing says glitz and glamor quite like Houston, TX.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post: