Thread: The Kobe/Lebron Thing

Default The Kobe/Lebron Thing

So I don't normally pay much attention to NBA gossip and spats but clearly Kobe was fired up in the 4th tonight vs. Lebron.

I also caught a couple moments doing some lip-reading on slo-mo TiVo replay:

A) Kobe telling Lebron in the last 5 or so minutes "your move motherf***er" after that play where he bodied up Lebron across the whole court before fouling Lebron on the shot (this was after several defensive plays in a row on Lebron like the blocked jumper and a blocked layup)

B) Lebron at the end of the game, shaking his head and eyeing Kobe, telling Chris Paul "that motherf***er's a d***head. That s*** ain't right."

Kobe was out to prove a point tonight, probably because of MJ's comments, but as Reggie said man it really did look personal... in a "wait-why-did-that-suddenly-get-so-personal" kind of way

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: The Kobe/Lebron Thing

Wow, I saw that there was a little trash talk going on, but didn't realize it was like that.

Kobe will be able to look back fondly at this All Star game while he's watching the playoffs on TV this year.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I don't normally pay much attention to NBA gossip and spats but clearly Kobe was fired up in the 4th tonight vs. Lebron.

I also caught a couple moments doing some lip-reading on slo-mo TiVo replay:

A) Kobe telling Lebron in the last 5 or so minutes "your move motherf***er" after that play where he bodied up Lebron across the whole court before fouling Lebron on the shot (this was after several defensive plays in a row on Lebron like the blocked jumper and a blocked layup)

B) Lebron at the end of the game, shaking his head and eyeing Kobe, telling Chris Paul "that motherf***er's a d***head. That s*** ain't right."

Kobe was out to prove a point tonight, probably because of MJ's comments, but as Reggie said man it really did look personal... in a "wait-why-did-that-suddenly-get-so-personal" kind of way
    I'm kinda sad I missed the game last night. I'll have to try and find some of that on youtube.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All Kobe did was to make sure that James was going to continue being a selfish bas-turd. If James would have been willing to pass the ball, or better yet take him replace him with Paul George about 5 minutes earlier, then the East would have one.

What Kobe did was get in James's head. Now if LAL meets Miami in the finals, James will spend enough time trying to show up Kobe that the Heat would probably find themselves in a 2-0 hole before James wise up and figure out what happened.

It's play like James's last night that makes me not care one way or the other if the All-Star game became a thing of the past.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All Kobe did was to make sure that James was going to continue being a selfish bas-turd. If James would have been willing to pass the ball, or better yet take him replace him with Paul George about 5 minutes earlier, then the East would have one.

What Kobe did was get in James's head. Now if LAL meets Miami in the finals, James will spend enough time trying to show up Kobe that the Heat would probably find themselves in a 2-0 hole before James wise up and figure out what happened.

It's play like James's last night that makes me not care one way or the other if the All-Star game became a thing of the past.