Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobcats are shopping Ben Gordon hard, whatcha think fellow fans?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Bobcats are shopping Ben Gordon hard, whatcha think fellow fans?

Im not sure of his cap or contract but depending if its a decent contract and not outrageous and we dont try for Reddick, what about Green for Gordon? thoughts
    "That picture is dope man". -Paul George

Mood

Default Re: Bobcats are shopping Ben Gordon hard, whatcha think fellow fans?

Go look up how much he makes.

3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This.

Gordon would make a great backup SG. The Vinnie Johnson microwave kind of guy. But Pacers just don't have the cap space.

Why is everyone wanting to trade for wings? Once Danny's back there are 0 minutes left for wings.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Plus, he's just kinda a guy now. He wasn't ever elite or anything, but that guy could really score. I don't know if it's because he's in Charlotte and is checked out what, but you watch him play now and it's just "oh...there's a guy."

For the record, Ben Gordon makes $12.4 million this season and $13.2 million in 2013-14 as a player option.

Plus he's fighting with his coach. Plus he was not a great teammate in Detroit either.

They will need to pay someone to take him. Even if they gave us their unprotected first round pick (high lottery) plus Ben for Danny, I would be inclined to pass.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I'd trade Green for him.

Not Danny.

We aren't going to get equal value for Danny if we try to trade him this season, anyway.

Again, not sure why on earth the Pacers would be looking to shop Danny. If he's himself, the Pacers are contenders this year. And as said, they wouldn't get equal value for him anyway, because of the question mark over his knees.
    Last edited by Sookie; 02-14-2013 at 01:47 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Ben Gordon is a solid player, but not sure if he would fit the Pacers' system. I may be wrong but we could find someone else as well or just stick with what we have because I don't think when Granger moves back to the starting lineup that it'll mess everything up. I believe Vogel won't start him unless Stephenson hits a cold streak, but I believe PG will thrive at the SG position just as much as he has so far at the SF
    "We want Miami"

I'd happily swap Granger for Gordon if we could also swap first-round picks in the deal.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    I'd trade Green for him.

Not Danny.

We aren't going to get equal value for Danny if we try to trade him this season, anyway.
    Can't match salary - Green isn't nearly enough.

Plus we can't afford him next year - say we trade Green, DJA, and Hans or Pendy for him. He'll put us over the tax next year.

He's just not good enough to go into those kinds of complications.

Sports Logo

I think that he's too expensive to be the 1st Guard off the bench ( he's owed $25+ mil over the next 2 years ). I am happy with Lance filling that role. Pass.

Ask me again in 2014-2015 when he becomes a UFA.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Yea, not happening

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

WTF? Why do so many people want to trade Danny? This makes NO SENSE to me. Our defense is going to get better and our offense is going to get way better when he comes back. He's been nothing but good to us and he's going to make us much better when he comes back, why trade him??? So confused.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to trey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by trey View Post
    WTF? Why do so many people want to trade Danny? This makes NO SENSE to me. Our defense is going to get better and our offense is going to get way better when he comes back. He's been nothing but good to us and he's going to make us much better when he comes back, why trade him??? So confused.
    Because a 13M/year wing who has been on our team since he was drafted will ruin our chemistry, so we need to swap him for a 13M/year wing from the Bobcats, Pistons, and Bulls. Pacers fans love players from the Bobcats, Pistons, and Bulls.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by trey View Post
    WTF? Why do so many people want to trade Danny? This makes NO SENSE to me.
    In this thread anyway, absolutely nobody does, since Ben Gordon is overpriced stinky cheese. The OP suggested Green for Gordon, without knowing Ben's salary. Danny is just the only salary match, so that was pointed out, and the only legal trade makes no sense whatsoever, to anyone.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 02-14-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

wouldnt touch his contract
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo

Found this interesting...not good if you ask me when it comes to Ben Gordon's trade value nor personality.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--so...165657267.html

Sources: Bobcats more determined to trade Ben Gordon after incident with coach
    2 hours 57 minutes ago

After a bout of disruptive behavior from Ben Gordon targeted at Charlotte Bobcats coach Mike Dunlap, the franchise's desire to trade the guard has deepened, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

As Dunlap led the Bobcats in a morning shootaround on Monday before a victory over the Celtics, Gordon refused Dunlap's request to stop bouncing a ball as the coach spoke, sources said. Before long, Gordon began baiting Dunlap, telling him that he needed to "humble himself," sources said.

Gordan refused to give the ball to Dunlap, and eventually tossed it toward a ball rack, sources said.

Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins was in the practice session and ultimately intervened, sources said.

"Beyond disrespectful," was how one league source described the scene.

The front office didn't suspend Gordon, a decision sources said was based in part on the belief the incident would diminish his trade value so close to the league's deadline next Thursday. The Brooklyn Nets are still mulling an offer to trade forward Kris Humphries for Gordon, but have thus far been unmoved over the possibility Gordon can make an impact for them, sources said.

For now, the Nets are searching elsewhere, believing they can always go back and accept the Gordon deal at the deadline. Gordon's performance has steadily fallen this season, including an unproductive 14 minutes against the Celtics that included missing five of six shots.

Gordon makes $12.4 million this season and $13.2 million in 2013-14. The Detroit Pistons traded Gordon to the Bobcats in June.
    The highlighted parts are the main reasons why I would say no to Ben Gordon.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Another Gordon that I don't want to see come here.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Overpaid.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    I'd happily swap Granger for Gordon if we could also swap first-round picks in the deal.

You always have to wonder when the worst team in the league can't wait to get rid of you.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

12 million reasons not to
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LetsTalkPacers84 For This Useful Post:

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hell, there are enough reasons to say no BEFORE you see the price tag!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

No
    LeWade are going down.