View Poll Results: Who is the 3rd best wing in the game?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul George

    6 9.52%
  • Carmelo Anthony

    26 41.27%
  • Kobe Bryant

    24 38.10%
  • Dwyane Wade

    7 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 43 of 43

Thread: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

  1. #26

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    Thought this board would actual pay attention to all aspects of the game. Guess I was wrong. My bad. Didn't realize the audience on this board only saw scoring as what makes a good player. PG out rebound all these guys and is a better defender by far than Kobe and melo. But whatever. Guess its not close according to you guys.

  2. #27

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is nothing Lebron like about PG. He isn't even in the same universe with Lebron or Durant....... ...
    Uh...you just took my post out of context.

    I'm not saying PG is the same universe as LeBron, nor I'm saying he's similar to LeBron talent-wise. What I said was "But PG just accelerated his development and he's becoming LeBron-lite in terms of putting up numbers across the board." Key words there are: putting up numbers across the board. I'm just describing how well he's playing an all-around game more than comparing him to James.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:


  4. #28

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    I bet there is a similar thread on some Raptor's forum about Rudy Gay.

    If we were to just look at the last 35 games or so, he would be up there with the best, but some of these guys have been playing at that elite level for years and years.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    863

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    Third best wing player might actually be PG if you take into account that Lebron and Melo spend most of their time at PF

  7. #30
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,611

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet there is a similar thread on some Raptor's forum about Rudy Gay.

    If we were to just look at the last 35 games or so, he would be up there with the best, but some of these guys have been playing at that elite level for years and years.
    This


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  8. #31

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    I know it was an exhibition but PG looked like one of the best players out there to me.

  9. #32
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    Thanks to the public poll, we can just rename this thread the 'Which poster's homerism has made them lose all sense of reality?" :P

    He may get there one day. Not right now.

  10. #33

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    Harden should be on the list. Not that i'd pick him, i'd take Melo and Wade first, but harden is close enough to be considered.

  11. #34

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    I made the poll, and I picked Carmelo Anthony, I was just wondering how many people on here liked PG. But I think PG is closer than a lot of people on here think.

  12. #35
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks to the public poll, we can just rename this thread the 'Which poster's homerism has made them lose all sense of reality?" :P

    He may get there one day. Not right now.
    Of 48 people, 2 chose Paul George.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  14. #36
    Member bshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Huntington
    Age
    20
    Posts
    77

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I made the poll, and I picked Carmelo Anthony, I was just wondering how many people on here liked PG. But I think PG is closer than a lot of people on here think.
    Wait, so you were mad that more people did not pick PG when you didn't pick him yourself?

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to bshall For This Useful Post:


  16. #37
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    Whether he is a top three wing defender might be a more interesting discussion. (No offense, BJ43.) I've been saying it for the majority of the season, but I fear I may be over-doing it.

  17. #38
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,746

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Umm....let's not get ahead of ourselves.
    this is a perfect summary of this thread.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:


  19. #39

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by bshall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, so you were mad that more people did not pick PG when you didn't pick him yourself?
    Not mad at all. Some of the comments on here make me think a lot of people don't think he is even close yet. Which I find interesting. Obviously I am not mad. It isn't a big deal what any of us think. Just like to see peoples opinions.

  20. #40
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    Melo. He can score better than anyone i have ever seen.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  21. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,022

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    I don't see how Kobe is better than PG anymore, you guys have to remember we are talking about Kobe today not Kobe even just two years ago. Wade, nine times out of ten I would bet PG would win that one on one battle. Melo, PG isn't consistent enough yet to be above him yet, but on a good day I would say they are on par at worst.

  22. #42
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see how Kobe is better than PG anymore, you guys have to remember we are talking about Kobe today not Kobe even just two years ago. Wade, nine times out of ten I would bet PG would win that one on one battle. Melo, PG isn't consistent enough yet to be above him yet, but on a good day I would say they are on par at worst.
    All you have to do is watch the games. Kobe forces the issue sometimes, more often than he should, but he is still a great player. His production this year is ridiculous for a player 16 years in.


    2012-13 Statistics

    PPG - 26.8
    RPG - 5.30
    APG - 5.6
    STL - 1.4
    FG% - .464
    EFF - + 23.69

    You're other statements about DWade and Melo are too homerific for me to even bother with.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  23. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,022

    Default Re: Who is the 3rd best wing player in the game?

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All you have to do is watch the games. Kobe forces the issue sometimes, more often than he should, but he is still a great player. His production this year is ridiculous for a player 16 years in.


    2012-13 Statistics

    PPG - 26.8
    RPG - 5.30
    APG - 5.6
    STL - 1.4
    FG% - .464
    EFF - + 23.69

    You're other statements about DWade and Melo are too homerific for me to even bother with.
    Not really, I have watched Paul George destroy Wade 1v1, and that George wasn't as good as George is now. What is homerific about saying Paul on a good day is as good as Melo? Is it because Paul isn't the scorer Melo is? Even though he is a far superior defender? Or because Paul is not as selfish?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 12:14 AM
  2. The Wing Question
    By Sookie in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 10:58 PM
  3. Pacers Open To Trading Wing Player
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 10:47 AM
  4. wing me
    By Pacers2012 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 11:14 PM
  5. Wing Player Free Agents of 2009 - Who Do You Want?
    By naptownmenace in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •