Thread: raccoon problem.

Default raccoon problem.

last night i heard some scratching on my roof and time after time as i went to go check it out, the little s.o.b. ran away. but, sometime it managed to tear a hole in the roof.
    anybody else have to deal with this?
    what did you do?
    i am super-pissed about this.

Default Re: raccoon problem.

well, i went and bought a cage trap and set it with a cob of corn and covered it with some peanut butter since a friend told me they like peanut butter.
    the trap is now set and hopefully i will have that little pain in the backside caught in the next day or so. i wish i could send it the repair bill since i just know the repair wont come cheap.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Raccoons are cunning little ****ers. Throw a bunch of garbage in the trap--I find them rummaging through my trash all the time.

well, the trap has been sprung. i put it on the roof next to the hole in the roof. i now doubt it was a raccoon after all. instead, i have a trap with a really big squirrel- one of the biggest i have ever seen. i will take it somewhere in a wooded area several miles from here tomorrow as i don't want to see this s.o.b. again. he looks very much like he could have done the damage as the hole is about a perfect fit for him.
    for now though- his new, temporary home is the cage.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

I have been told that if you ever have something outside that a varmint is chewing up, give it a sprinkle of red hot tobasco sauce and they will learn their lesson quick and leave it alone.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well, the trap has been sprung. i put it on the roof next to the hole in the roof. i now doubt it was a raccoon after all. instead, i have a trap with a really big squirrel- one of the biggest i have ever seen. i will take it somewhere in a wooded area several miles from here tomorrow as i don't want to see this s.o.b. again. he looks very much like he could have done the damage as the hole is about a perfect fit for him.
    for now though- his new, temporary home is the cage.
    *****. Photograpic evidence of this mutant menace squirrel would be greatly appreciated.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    *****. Photograpic evidence of this mutant menace squirrel would be greatly appreciated.
    yeah, ok.
    but first, an update.
    i called a guy to remove the thing last week and just as they had transferred him from my cage into the other cage and they were closing the lid- he exploded out and escaped.
    i was not happy and feared i had lost my chance to be rid of him. i wondered if he would fall for the trap again as perhaps he might not.... but he did.
    he even did some damage to the temporary metal sheet covering the hole in the roof by putting a rip into it. this not-so little beast is very quick and powerful.
    i have never uploaded any pics from my phone before but i will give it a go before long like hopefully in the next 24.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't pay someone to remove him. Just drive him across the county line and let him go.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

No photos?

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Cooons? When raccoons try to get into the house, momma just chase them off the back porch with a broom.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

ok, i have been trying to make things work but of course they don't.
    when i plug my phone to my computer- my laptop tells me it does not recognize my device. even tried my ancient desktop and no go.
    even tried sending it straight from my super slow samsung intercept and even still i can't seem to get it to work.
    i will keep trying though.
    I will say though until I get it to work, by my estimation, from nosetip to the backside, it was probably a solid foot and 20+ inches including tail
    Last edited by clownskull; 03-05-2013 at 10:11 PM.

when you plug in the phone, chose the option "mount as a hard drive"