Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pacers/Nets Postgame Thread 2/11/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Nets Postgame Thread 2/11/13

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless there is a revelation that Pendy decided to take the PG/McBob route of taking 500+ jumpshots a day....I attribute this scoring outburst to being an anomaly than Pendy's "switch" all of a sudden turning on.
    That's the thing. We haven't seen enough of Pendergraph to know anything about his switch. I would imagine that his performance was more than expected, but I don't know to what degree. Similarly, I think that Lance's performance this year is significantly better than most would have expected.

I guess I'm saying that I don't know what the "range of expectation" is for Pendergraph. Was this game simply an anomaly, off the charts? Or with a little nurturing, was this performance within what could become his normal range of capabilities? All I'm saying is that if it is the latter, perhaps we could eventually be rewarded with a pleasant surprise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    That's the thing. We haven't seen enough of Pendergraph to know anything about his switch. I would imagine that his performance was more than expected, but I don't know to what degree. Similarly, I think that Lance's performance this year is significantly better than most would have expected.

I guess I'm saying that I don't know what the "range of expectation" is for Pendergraph. Was this game simply an anomaly, off the charts? Or with a little nurturing, was this performance within what could become his normal range of capabilities? All I'm saying is that if it is the latter, perhaps we could eventually be rewarded with a pleasant surprise.

To me, this game was more in line what JP did in Portland his rookie year than what we/ve seen of him the last 1 1/2 years.

I wasn't against the signing of JP, I wasn't for signing an injured unknown player at the time. It would be great if this game was a coming out party game for JP, and until I see some more of this type play from him I'll just feel it's "one of those type games". Lets see how Vogel feels about it in regards to how much he plays JP in the future.

Anyone remember when the Pacers signed JP there was a statement that they had a reb drill/contest, and JP wouldn't let anyone get a reb? 10 rebs last night isn't anything to sneeze at with the way Evans was gobbling up rebs. My best wishes for JP to turning the corner with his game.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 02-12-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Don't take this the wrong way, I agree this loss really sucks. And this puts us in a huge hole trying to get the one or two seed in the East, as now we have dropped closer to the four and five; but losing two in a row puts a little less pressure on Danny when he comes back. People are realizing George is the go-to guy now, and I think Danny's comeback gives us yet another option. When he comes back teams will then have to choose who they want there best defender on, and it will be a nightmare for other teams. Plus Lance coming off the bench gives us a scorer, great defender as our 6th man. Danny is the type of player that can bring this team past the Knicks, and get us the 2-seed going into the playoffs.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Specifically on West's eye - scratched cornea, was doubtful to return in the game but he wanted to tough it out and help. He worked his butt off keeping Evans off the offensive boards but obviously his eye was giving him fits trying to shoot. I guess when he first came out they had him take some shots on the practice court and they were of the "no, the basket is over here" variety, so the fact that he made as good a run at it as he did is saying something.

I hated how they kept running (or PG decided to) ISO breakdowns going right at the elite defense of GWallace. That's not how you beat that dude. I felt the same way about it as I feel when I see another team trying to go right at PG one on one, it's not a good choice. I think PGs FG% speaks for itself in that regard.

TraderJoe and I yelled to Danny before the 2nd half (from right behind the bench, ie he heard us) about coming back WED. He wasn't facing us but he kinda turned and had a smile on his face. TJ and I both felt like it was a clear indication that he'll get 10 minutes on WED off the bench. I talked to others who would know more than me and they hinted at that as well. Basically it sounds like Vogel gave Wells the truth on DGs timing. Employee 33 soon to be back on the clock, not a minute too soon. It was worth waiting for things to properly heal but it's been like waiting for Xmas.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I'm going to ask you again. Would you drive 10 miles and spend $60 to watch the Pacers? I know they aren't the Heat, or Lakers....but they're pretty good.
    I would, but not on a Monday vs. Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Would you consider the Thunder a contender? They lost to the Nets at home earlier this season 110-93. Would you say the same thing about the Thunder in that loss?

Every team has bad games. Pacers 20-5 home record which is the fifth best home record.
    I'll bet D Williams played in that game. I'll bet Durant didn't go 1-9 and stop looking to score altogether. Yes, every team has a bad game once in awhile. Last Friday was that type. Not last night. They didn't have their best player and had just been thrashed the night before. Final analysis, Roy is not good. West was injured. PGeorge did not come ready to compete. That equals a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    I would, but not on a Monday vs. Brooklyn.
    My point being, thats the common theme you hear from folks with your view. Its not about enjoying the home team. Its about who they are playing. Thats pretty sad state of affairs. I wonder if the Lakers or Knicks struggle to sell tickets for the when the Bucks come to town?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.