Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Nets Postgame Thread 2/11/13

Default Re: Pacers/Nets Postgame Thread 2/11/13

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't see the game, but gotta give Jeff props. Love players who are always ready and good teammates even if they don't play much.
    If Jeff isn't careful, he is going to get one of those astronomical nicknames.

Nice shooting stroke tonight. Good energy. Nice to see Frank let him have Tyler's minutes as a reward for good play.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    If Jeff isn't careful, he is going to get one of those astronomical nicknames.

Nice shooting stroke tonight. Good energy. Nice to see Frank let him have Tyler's minutes as a reward for good play.
    None of our bigs, with the exception of Pendergraph's, played worth a darn. However Pendergraph's hit 10 foot jumpers, rebounded for putbacks and even played decent physical defense. In other words, he did everything any team could possibly expect from a backup PF.

It really makes you want to see a bit more of Pendergraph's, doesn't it? It would be great if he somehow proved to be an adequate, but cheaper, future option at backup PF.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Someone has to explain to me why the closing lineup with PG out with foul trouble that Vogel has to go with a DJ/Hill/Lance rotation, instead of going with a bigger lineup of Hill/Lance and anyone else ( Green or even OJ )?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Someone has to explain to me why the closing lineup with PG out with foul trouble that Vogel has to go with a DJ/Hill/Lance rotation, instead of going with a bigger lineup of Hill/Lance and anyone else ( Green or even OJ )?
    No clue. At least before when he went to that lineup DJ was playing well, he was awful today.

This is where Paul George needs to take his game even further. If the 3 point shot isn't falling, he was held in check. He couldn't get to the rim with Gerald Wallace's tenacious defense, credit to him.

JP was playing well enough to make it unnecessary to play a one-eye player in his place. Further, if the guy was playing with one eye, WTF did they call his number so much at the end. This one's on Vogel IMO.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherokee For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    No clue. At least before when he went to that lineup DJ was playing well, he was awful today.
    Having DJ in that lineup forces Hill to defend Johnson ( who is clearly a stronger and above average scorer that is a crafty scorer ) while pushing Lance to defend Wallace. Vogel's defense is predicated on having lanky and long defenders on the perimeter......while going with DJ ( who does jack on defense ) and isn't a scorer by any means...makes it that much harder for this team to score and defend....especially in super-crunch-time during OT.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-12-2013 at 01:09 AM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Scott Agness ‏@ScottAgness
    David West left the locker room in a hurry, without speaking to the media.
    Probably because he about got his eye poked out and and wasnt too happy about the loss.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    JP was playing well enough to make it unnecessary to play a one-eye player in his place. Further, if the guy was playing with one eye, WTF did they call his number so much at the end. This one's on Vogel IMO.
    With that lineup.....GH was the only other scorer that I would trust to score at the end of the game. I hate that West couldn't score worth a lick....but outside of GH...who else would you want to score?

Wallace and Johnson was hounding both GH and Lance....

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    None of our bigs, with the exception of Pendergraph's, played worth a darn. However Pendergraph's hit 10 foot jumpers, rebounded for putbacks and even played decent physical defense. In other words, he did everything any team could possibly expect from a backup PF.

It really makes you want to see a bit more of Pendergraph's, doesn't it? It would be great if he somehow proved to be an adequate, but cheaper, future option at backup PF.
    Unless there is a revelation that Pendy decided to take the PG/McBob route of taking 500+ jumpshots a day....I attribute this scoring outburst to being an anomaly than Pendy's "switch" all of a sudden turning on.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Unless there is a revelation that Pendy decided to take the PG/McBob route of taking 500+ jumpshots a day....I attribute this scoring outburst to being an anomaly than Pendy's "switch" all of a sudden turning on.
    Lou's 22 points against the Magic

DJ and Hill both got abused defensively. I'm guessing that wouldn't have happened if Vogel had chose the right lineup.

Anywho, terrible game. **** happen.s
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Crash and Evans held it down tonight; 33 boards between them. The Nets shot poorly, but they kept going at it.

When our offense wants to, it allows bad-average defensive teams look elite.

We wasted the best years (minutes) of Pendergraph's life.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Vogel did say once or twice that Pendy has been looking good and was looking for opportunities to give him minutes.

We don't need him to be an elite offensive player, just semi-capable, because he has the physical tools, unlike Tyler, to play some decent defense and rebound.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

18. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

I don't know. Seems like (this season anyway) every time he gets extended run with the top seven he contributes offensively and manages to do it within the context of the offense unlike Tyler who needs some sort of Iso type play or a put back. Was I the only one who liked seeing a big other than West properly play the P & R? Did a respectable job on the boards as well.

Not saying it is time to make a switch but I'd sure like to see him get more run. Just seems like the the offensive spacing and effeciency is pretty good the few times he has been in a game when it mattered. Will withold an opinion on the defensive end since he was matched up with Evans a lot last night and maybe that is ultimately the issue limiting his playing time.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    No really, I understand that you don't want to admit it for obvious reasons(West) but the Pacers choked at the Toronto game and this one.
    So an eye injury causes a player to choke?

Reggie choked in 1996 then

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    I'm not blaming them from the loss, but that number is absolutely unacceptable.
    I know the attendance concerns and I've thought a lot about it. I believe a lot of folks are like me in the regard that I like to go to about a dozen or so regular season games. Budget and schedule allows for about that many. That being the case, I try to choose games and days of the week that are more appealing. Last night was a game where they should have let everyone in the Club level for $20 and balcony for $5. It just wasn't an attractive game.

BTW, I don't feel any better this morning about this game.
    Totally sucked!
    A contender DOES NOT PLAY LIKE THIS AT HOME! D West gets a pass after getting his eye scratched. Paul and Roy do not! Roy was 5 for 18 and they all are within 5' of the basket! That, my friends, is plain awful.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    I know the attendance concerns and I've thought a lot about it. I believe a lot of folks are like me in the regard that I like to go to about a dozen or so regular season games. Budget and schedule allows for about that many. That being the case, I try to choose games and days of the week that are more appealing. Last night was a game where they should have let everyone in the Club level for $20 and balcony for $5. It just wasn't an attractive game.
    I'm going to ask you again. Would you drive 10 miles and spend $60 to watch the Pacers? I know they aren't the Heat, or Lakers....but they're pretty good.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    A contender DOES NOT PLAY LIKE THIS AT HOME!
    Would you consider the Thunder a contender? They lost to the Nets at home earlier this season 110-93. Would you say the same thing about the Thunder in that loss?

Every team has bad games. Pacers 20-5 home record which is the fifth best home record.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I feel worse this morning than I did last night.

Of course, that may be because I stopped to "drown my sorrows" at White Castle on the way home...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I feel worse this morning than I did last night.

Of course, that may be because I stopped to "drown my sorrows" at White Castle on the way home...
    Disappointed last night. Philosophical this morning. Sometimes the magic works, sometimes it doesn't.

My only real complaint about last night was with Paul. Thought he really just played, he didn't step up when needed. He looked like last year's version instead of this year. Last year, Paul just floated along, guarding his man, playing the game and waiting for something to happen. This year he's taking a much more proactive role and taking more shots as a result. Last night, when David went out, Paul seemed to be the logical player to step up and settle things down. That didn't happen.

If Paul is going to be the team's best player, he needs to take the responsibilities of being the best player. He needs to have something more than a long jump shot as a go to move. He needs to bring something offensively that the team can count on to score when they are in a funk like last night. Danny has that little mid-range post up that he goes to when things muck up. Reggie had that baseline play that ran him through a series of screens. There has to be something the Pacers can go to.

Not blaming last night on Paul. Nor anyone else. Sometimes things work. Sometimes they don't. This was one of the don't's. But if this team is going to be a contender, it has to be able to survive losing Danny or David or Hill or anyone not named Paul. Stars are stars because they rise to the occasion. Thought Paul missed a chance to be a star last night.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    But if this team is going to be a contender, it has to be able to survive losing Danny or David or Hill or anyone not named Paul. Stars are stars because they rise to the occasion.
    If you think about it, we lost Danny AND David (he was not going to be effective with one eye) AND Paul (when he fouled out).
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    If you think about it, we lost Danny AND David (he was not going to be effective with one eye) AND Paul (when he fouled out).
    Speaking of Paul fouling out. That had to be the single dumbest play of the night. Gotta have more sense than to try to seal a rebound with 5 fouls.

He's young, , stuff happens.

I'm not happy with what I've seen from this team the last 2 games. As a matter of fact, I got so disgusted and disgruntled after the 1st half I kept going back n forth to watch the Westminister dog show. At least Westminister was entertaining.

I love to look at the different breeds of dogs. They are just fascinating. I've gone almost every year for 30 years to Louisville's big show in March to look at the dogs. It's how ended up with a TT, Tibetan Terrier, years ago. They are such sweet dogs.

Just FYI, the rest of the Westminister show is on tonight. I'll be glued to the tv watching it too! So far out of last nights 4 group winners my fav is the Old English Sheepdog. Main reason is this year for the 1st time Westminister allowed non-champion dogs to compete, and the OES is a young non-champion dog. I think it would be a hoot if a non-champ won Westimister over 1,000's of champion dogs.

Back on track with the Pacers, it's absolutely imperative the Pacers not lose to Charlotte tomorrow night. 3 home losses in a row wouldn't be good. I'll also give congrats to JP for his nice game last night. I'm not going to 2nd guess Vogel, seldom do, but I'd probably have had JP play the SF at the end of the game instead of having DJ playing. JP was playing well, and you needed his size for reb against the reb'ing machine Reggie Evans. JMOAA