Thread: My thoughts on the Raptors game

Default My thoughts on the Raptors game

Just got back from the game

That first half was brutal, Pacers were horrible, but luckily the pacers were only down by two. I listened to the postgame show and David Harrison, who is a great interview by the way, but DH said that Rick Carlisle really got on the team at halftime, Boyle asked DH to bring a tape recorder next time and DH said they would have to bleep the whole thing.

I know Foster had 18 rebounds, but he should not be playing, he looks about 60% to me, he has trouble moving laterally, and he can't run, but he still gets rebounds, amazing.

The star of the game has to be David Harrison, he is unstoppable, well not quite unstoppable, but we are so lucky to have him.

more later, sorry I have to go.

Default Re: My thoughts on the Raptors game

I finally made it to the game! AHhhhh all is good in the world

what else did DH say?

didn't know he's a great interview, is it just because this one or he did more interviews before

David can actually string a series of sentences together. He's a bright kid; his demeanor reminds me of an NFL offensive lineman. Lots of smarts and a quiet toughness. I like him.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What was really great about Harrison's radio interview, he had just finished his best game as a pro and all he talked about was his mistakes and trying to get better. Gotta love that.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

thanks, that was nice to hear

talking about David, another interesting thing about him is his rarely-changing facial expression during the course of a game, no matter how he's playing, always kind of a cant-i-just-get-a-break-from-the-refs look on his face... a little like Brad Miller in a way

recap

Harrison dropped an awful lot of passes again tonight. If he could just hold on to the ball he could be so much more valuable. He was definitely the MVP of tonight's game.

The first half was one of the most sloppy, boring halves of basketball I have ever seen. Neither team could score, but both were playing mediocre defense. I actually considered whether I wanted to stay for the whole game. The second half was great. What a great end to the game.

I am encouraged that we are at least beating the really terrible teams in the league. If we can just beat the awful teams until JO is back we should be ok.

UB, I agree about Foster, although I don't think that he's quite as far from 100% as you suggested. Harrison definitely was quicker than Foster out there tonight. Foster made some really smart plays though. Foster at 80% is still far better than Haislip.

Yeah, why is Haislip playing?? The last guy cut from the awful Milwaukee (How'd they beat us??) team shouldn't be playing for us.

Tinsley, Harrison and Foster played great games tonight. Tinsley and Foster both had stomach issues and played through it!!

Water

Sports Logo

Water it was Tinsley and Jones not Foster.

Harrison and Tinsley were the stars tonight. Tinsley forced things a bit in the first half but lit it up in the second. Man I am happy he is back, I just hope his new leg injury does not keep him out of action.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Water it was Tinsley and Jones not Foster.

Harrison and Tinsley were the stars tonight. Tinsley forced things a bit in the first half but lit it up in the second. Man I am happy he is back, I just hope his new leg injury does not keep him out of action.
    Sorry, Ragnar.....

From The Star.......
    Fred Jones missed practice with the flu Thursday but played. Jamaal Tinsley showed up for Friday's game with a stomach virus but also played. Jeff Foster also has a stomach virus.

"I'm going to stop giving Jamaal high-fives during the game," Foster joked afterward.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

As for the game, the second half was a lot of fun.

After a stretch in the second half where they exchanged the lead a few times, my 5 year old turned to me and said, "This is the most entertaining Pacers game I've ever gone to."

Unfortunately there were no Pacemates in Santa suits. Very disappointing, since I won't be going again until the 27th.......

forgot your cam or so dissapointed you decided not to take any pictures ?

Hey, after all you are our resident photographer
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Sports Logo

Oops I guess I missed that Jeff has it too. Man we just cant get a healthy week can we.

Is Cro playing tonight? Durring the game it sounded like he was not playing tonight because Rick did not want him to play in a back to back just yet. My daughter was going on about something at the time so I did not clearly hear it.

Haislip has athletic ability but he has zero basketball IQ, he makes Kenny Williams look like the smartest player ever. I can see why the Bucks agreed to let him go.

Fred Jones did a great, great job defending Jalen on that last second three attempt, the job he did should not be overlooked.

Pacers were in deep trouble anytime Tinsley went to the bench, and also were in trouble whenever DH went to the bench

I agree with Sam on this, I thought the pacers had a 4 point lead too.

"Something I didnít understand was we called a timeout down by four points and set up a play thinking we needed four; but we broke the huddle and we were only down three. I think the officials should have come over and let us know that the scoreboard was changed from a four-point to a three-point lead.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by able
    forgot your cam or so dissapointed you decided not to take any pictures ?

Hey, after all you are our resident photographer
    Here you go.....

sweabs

Ugh...MagicRat...I see Artest

Thanks a lot ted:

Sorry. No camera last night. Straight from work to my son's basketball "league" to the game......

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Sorry. No camera last night. Straight from work to my son's basketball "league" to the game......

No...it just brings back memories

I always appreciate any pictures!