View Poll Results: Burke or Oladipo

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trey Burke

    22 28.95%
  • Victor Oladipo

    54 71.05%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 347

Thread: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

  1. #126
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,247

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, the only bias that exists on this board is the bias that some folks have against IU. I see way more bias on that end than I do from IU fans overhyping our players.

  2. #127
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,874

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I were rooting for a team who picked Cody Zeller in the top 8, I'd throw things.
    I agree Oladipo is clearly the better pro prospect. Cody is a good starter I think in the right situation but never a star and he will probably always have some deficiencies.

    Out of Zeller, Oladipo and Burke though the most likely to drop IMO is Burke. He is not going to measure out that well at the combine IMO and if there is a tread at the 1 in the NBA, it's bigger, stronger, more athletic, and Burke is not really any of those things and the only guy who is getting by really well in the NBA without being bigger and stronger is Chris Paul and Burke is not Chris Paul.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. #128
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    The very idea that the main reason people like a player like Eric Gordon, Mike Conley, Victor Oladipo, etc. is because of their Indiana ties is pretty insulting.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  5. #129
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,874

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look we can't even talk about good IU players on this board without someone saying the only reason they are being talked about is because they go to IU and in Oladipo's case it is flat out ridiculous. It's not like topics are being started that say "Remy Abell top 5 pick or steal at number 15?"

    EDIT: Also what Brush just said.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. #130
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,874

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, but then the Blazers didn't know Jordan was going to "be Jordan"...but now WE KNOW! An unbiased guy said!!!
    Look the guy is unbiased I don't know what to tell you. You all act like only IU fans like Oladipo so I don't know what else you want.

    I should have known Mackey was always an IU fan in disguise.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #131
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,874

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Also, for anyone that wants to have some fun compare Oladipo's stats in the B1G this year to Burke's stats in the B1G this year. Burke has shot under 40% 6 times in conference play, over 40% 5 times. Oladipo has shot over 60% 5 times, between 50 and 60% 3 times, and between 40 and 50% 2 times. He has not shot less than 42% in conference play
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 02-11-2013 at 03:40 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #132
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, for anyone that wants to have some fun compare Oladipo's stats in the B1G this year to Burke's stats in the B1G this year.
    wasn't as much fun as I expected. I want a refund.

  9. #133
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look the guy is unbiased I don't know what to tell you. You all act like only IU fans like Oladipo so I don't know what else you want.

    I should have known Mackey was always an IU fan in disguise.
    It's an elaborate ruse.

  10. #134
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,247

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look we can't even talk about good IU players on this board without someone saying the only reason they are being talked about is because they go to IU and in Oladipo's case it is flat out ridiculous. It's not like topics are being started that say "Remy Abell top 5 pick or steal at number 15?"

    EDIT: Also what Brush just said.
    So, your trying to tell me the ONLY biased opinions on this board regarding IU players are from people that dislike IU?

  11. #135
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,817
    Mood

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    I voted for Victor. I know some will disagree but Burke reminds me so much of our very own DJ Augustin when he was in Texas, excpet DJ was better, I think.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  12. #136
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,874

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wasn't as much fun as I expected. I want a refund.
    Player A in Big Ten play
    15.3 PPG 6 RPG 2.7 APG 2.3 TOPG 2.1 SPG .65 BPG Shooting 60.8% from the field

    Player B in Big Ten play
    18.6 PPG 3.4 RPG 6.7 APG 1.8 TOPG 1.6 SPG .5 BPG Shooting 42.6% from the field

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  13. #137
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,874

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, your trying to tell me the ONLY biased opinions on this board regarding IU players are from people that dislike IU?
    Nah, there are surely IU fans who let it influence their feelings, I'm just saying there are just as many if not more people on here who rag on IU players just because they went to IU.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  15. #138
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,124

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah, there are surely IU fans who let it influence their feelings, I'm just saying there are just as many if not more people on here who rag on IU players just because they went to IU.
    Yes, we are all still recovering from the "Miller-over-Alford" debacle that set the Pacers back decades.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  17. #139
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I voted for Victor. I know some will disagree but Burke reminds me so much of our very own DJ Augustin when he was in Texas, excpet DJ was better, I think.
    Burke is 10x better than Augustin was at Texas
    "We want Miami"

  18. #140
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,874

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Burke is 10x better than Augustin was at Texas
    If this were true Burke would be the clear number 1 overall right now on everyone's big board because there were a ton of "experts" who loved Augustin coming out of Texas. Burke is better than Augustin, I like the Jameer Nelson comparison by P4E I think that is pretty accurate.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  20. #141
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this were true Burke would be the clear number 1 overall right now on everyone's big board because there were a ton of "experts" who loved Augustin coming out of Texas. Burke is better than Augustin, I like the Jameer Nelson comparison by P4E I think that is pretty accurate.
    Did you watch the Michigan-IU game?
    "We want Miami"

  21. #142
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you watch the Michigan-IU game?
    The one in which Oladipo was far and away the best player on the floor?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  23. #143
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The one in which Oladipo was far and away the best player on the floor?
    You mean the game where Trey Burke dominated the first half?
    "We want Miami"

  24. #144
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,214

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Point guard is probably the most overrated position in the league at the moment. How are the Celtics doing since Rondo went out? The answer is fantastic. You can absolutely win big in hte NBA without a star PG, you can't win in the NBA without talent on the wings.
    IMO we're pretty stacked at the Wing position right now, and pretty devoid of dynamic PG play

  25. #145
    Member Mr.Hinds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Yeah in the IU-MU game Yogi had a pretty good night on him defensively, early foul trouble notwithstanding.

    That being said, I could see Burke coming in and posting Lillard numbers, if he utilizes the PnR as effectively. He's got the jump shot and speed. He will just need a good PF to match up with.

    And I've got to say, Burke might have the nastiest step back J I've seen in a while. Against IU he did it three or four times all over the court. That will help him shoot over bigger guards with ease at the next level.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

    ~Ahmad Rashad~

  26. #146
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean the game where Trey Burke dominated the first half?
    He was 5/10 for 14 points to go with 3 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 turnovers. His team was losing 36-32. Dominant all right.

    I don't even know why I'm bothering with this.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  27. #147
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,214

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree Oladipo is clearly the better pro prospect. Cody is a good starter I think in the right situation but never a star and he will probably always have some deficiencies.

    Out of Zeller, Oladipo and Burke though the most likely to drop IMO is Burke. He is not going to measure out that well at the combine IMO and if there is a tread at the 1 in the NBA, it's bigger, stronger, more athletic, and Burke is not really any of those things and the only guy who is getting by really well in the NBA without being bigger and stronger is Chris Paul and Burke is not Chris Paul.
    Though some of these guys have up an 1/2 an inch to an inch 1/2 height advantage; Damian Lillard, Steph Curry, Tony Parker, Ty Lawson, Mike Conley, Rondo, aren't in that Westbrook/Irving type of mold (as I assume you're meaning) Most of those guys are between 6'1-6'3 range, and aren't overly freakish athletic

  28. #148
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,817
    Mood

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Burke is 10x better than Augustin was at Texas
    I disagree, DJ was a better ball handler and had a much better shot. DJ has one of the best shooting motions in the game. If there is a flaw, it's alittle to much back spin and that really isn't a complaint. Also he was taken 9th in one of the best NBA drafts. So the scouts seen what I seen in him.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  29. #149
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,214

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, DJ was a better ball handler and had a much better shot. DJ has one of the best shooting motions in the game. If there is a flaw, it's alittle to much back spin and that really isn't a complaint. Also he was taken 9th in one of the best NBA drafts. So the scouts seen what I seen in him.
    And they were obviously wrong lol.

    Augustin's problems are his lack of speed/quickness, and his lack of athleticism to finish in the lane; which Burke has an abundance of.

    When you're that size, you've not only gotta be quick but you need to have the ability to finish in the lane against bigger/longer opponents also.

  30. #150
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,817
    Mood

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And they were obviously wrong lol.

    Augustin's problems are his lack of speed/quickness, and his lack of athleticism to finish in the lane; which Burke has an abundance of.

    When you're that size, you've not only gotta be quick but you need to have the ability to finish in the lane against bigger/longer opponents also.
    True, but any 6'0" and under is going to struggle in the NBA to get to the rim. DJ had a better chance at the NBA level cause of his ball skills, shooting and assists, pass first mentality. DJ is exceptionally better then Burke in these areas. But it is just my opinion, no big deal.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Similar Threads

  1. Burke a quiet anchor for coaching staff..
    By Kemo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 10:42 AM
  2. frank vogel or dan burke
    By Scot Pollard in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 12:51 PM
  3. Dan Burke on The Drive 1260
    By McClintic Sphere in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 07:59 AM
  4. Dan Burke was on WIBC earlier tonight.....
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •