76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trey Burke

22 28.95%
  • Victor Oladipo

54 71.05%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

I think someone is need of a timeout.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kind of the whole point I started this thread. You ignorant IU fans need to understand that Oladipo is not as good as you all proclaim him to be
    Well if that was your intent for starting the thread I would say the poll has caused your intent to fail miserably. If anything if Oladipo gets a high school boiler fan this riled up, now I am wondering just how good he actually may be...

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    I think someone is need of a timeout.
    can i not voice my opinion? this is a forum
    Smothered Chicken!

Your opinion is that every IU fan is saying Zeller and Oladipo with be the 1 and 2 picks yet no one has said anything remotely close to this. In fact no one has even really said that either one will go in the top 5.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Well if that was your intent for starting the thread I would say the poll has caused your intent to fail miserably. If anything if Oladipo gets a high school boiler fan this riled up, now I am wondering just how good he actually may be...
    well you guys are the reason he and that team are so cocky. They think they're the best team in history and Oladipo thinks he's POY. The whole reason of this was to see how many people voted for Burke and to give my point about how Burke will be a 200000x better player than Oladipo in the NBA. But you IU fans had to ruin the whole thread
    Smothered Chicken!

It's pretty much the same thing
    OK, to be a good NBA player is to be an all star, or else they suck. Meaning Dale Davis was a good player for one year. Lance Stephenson must suck. David West just reeks this year. Derek Harper, Byron Scott, Rod Strickland, Ron Harper, Cedric Maxwell, Purvis Short, Phil Ford, Orlando Woolridge, Sam Perkins, Toni Kukoc, Marcus Camby, Andre Miller, Mike Bibby, Lamar Odom, Chuck Person, Josh Smith, Al Jefferson. Universal career-long suckage. Almost Purdue-like suckage. OK, well not that far, but maybe close.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 02-13-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    OK, to be a good NBA player is to be an all star, or else they suck. Meaning Dale Davis was a good player for one year. Lance Stephenson must suck. Davis West just reeks this year. Derek Harper, Byron Scott, Rod Strickland, Ron Harper, Cedric Maxwell, Purvis Short, Phil Ford, Orlando Woolridge, Sam Perkins, Toni Kukoc, Marcus Camby, Andre Miller, Mike Bibby, Lamar Odom, Josh Smith, Al Jefferson. Universal suckage. Almost Purdue-like suckage. OK, well not that far, but maybe close.
    Dale Davis was solid many years. He wasn't a scorer but for what he was good at, rebounding, low post defending, etc, he was a very solid player
    Smothered Chicken!

well you guys are the reason he and that team are so cocky. They think they're the best team in history and Oladipo thinks he's POY. The whole reason of this was to see how many people voted for Burke and to give my point about how Burke will be a 200000x better player than Oladipo in the NBA. But you IU fans had to ruin the whole thread
    Oladipo thinks he is going to be the POY? The guy won't even admit that he's probably the DPOY of the year in the Big Ten.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

There's a difference in voicing your opinion and acting a fool, which is where you are treading right now.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

The guard I like in the Big Ten from a pro perspective other than Oladipo is actually Harris. G is a fantastic defender and already an incredible shooter. He needs to become a little more confident in his dribble drive, but it will come. I don't think he will come out this year, but I wouldn't mind looking at him late in the first round if he did.

EDIT: Yes, I know the damn kid is from Indiana (Harris), but can we leave that out of it for just a second. It's not our fault the state has so many good players.

Anyway Big Ten guys I like

Oladipo
    Harris
    Dawson
    Burke
    I kind of dig Williams Jr. of Minny on his athleticism, don't really know where most have him slotted and he's more of a 3/4.
    Think Hardaway JR. has a spot in the NBA, jsut don't think it is on the Pacers. Would take a flyer on Hammons in the second round if he declares and drops.
    Payne intrigues the hell out of me too.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 02-13-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Everybody needs to take a breath and get this thread to reasonable discussion, or it will be closed. There has been some good comparison points made, so that would be a shame.

The responsible parties have been contacted, no seat-of-the-pants admin needed.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

The guard I like in the Big Ten from a pro perspective other than Oladipo is actually Harris. G is a fantastic defender and already an incredible shooter. He needs to become a little more confident in his dribble drive, but it will come. I don't think he will come out this year, but I wouldn't mind looking at him late in the first round if he did.

EDIT: Yes, I know the damn kid is from Indiana (Harris), but can we leave that out of it for just a second. It's not our fault the state has so many good players.

Anyway Big Ten guys I like

Oladipo
    Harris
    Dawson
    Burke
    I kind of dig Williams Jr. of Minny on his athleticism, don't really know where most have him slotted and he's more of a 3/4.
    Think Hardaway JR. has a spot in the NBA, jsut don't think it is on the Pacers. Would take a flyer on Hammons in the second round if he declares and drops.
    Payne intrigues the hell out of me too.
    Harris might very well end up the best of the bunch. That kid is really special.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

owl

Sports Logo

I don't know about Dawson. Clearly he's a really talented college player, but what position's he play in the pros?

Okay lets look at it this way. I don't think that the Pacers will keep Augustin or Hansbrough next year unless Augustin really shows up in the second half of the season. We will then need a point guard. Burke is averaging 18.2 PPG and 7 AST per game with players like Hardaway and GR3 scoring double digits as well is very impressive. Oladipo is talented and his upside is trememdous. But you can only go so far with athleticism and he needs to get the work ethic that PG has and he may be special. I believe Burke will be special in the NBA. He reminds me of Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook
    Smothered Chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't know about Dawson. Clearly he's a really talented college player, but what position's he play in the pros?
    SF
    Smothered Chicken!

Mood

Okay lets look at it this way. I don't think that the Pacers will keep Augustin or Hansbrough next year unless Augustin really shows up in the second half of the season. We will then need a point guard. Burke is averaging 18.2 PPG and 7 AST per game with players like Hardaway and GR3 scoring double digits as well is very impressive. Oladipo is talented and his upside is trememdous. But you can only go so far with athleticism and he needs to get the work ethic that PG has and he may be special. I believe Burke will be special in the NBA. He reminds me of Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook
    He is not as freakishly athletic as either of them. Now he could develop into a Damien Lillard style. Good jump shot, finishes well through traffic and has great court vision.

Rose and Westbrook are few and far between, just from an athletic standpoint.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

~Ahmad Rashad~

I mean, I'm a Michigan fan and everything, but if Trey Burke is Derrick Rose or Russell Westbrook, than Victor Oladipo is Kobe Bryant. Phew.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL Burke plays nothing like Rose and Westbrook are you sure we are getting the same Michigan tape??

Burke is good prospect but please dont put him on this type of pedsteal dont want you to get your hopes up and then you think he is a bust. When he ends up having a solid career as a pretty good pg in the NBA.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hinds View Post
    He is not as freakishly athletic as either of them. Now he could develop into a Damien Lillard style. Good jump shot, finishes well through traffic and has great court vision.

Rose and Westbrook are few and far between, just from an athletic standpoint.
    Totally disagree Lillard has a Burst Burke could only wish to have. Bigger difference is size finishing ablilty and just hardly ever making a mistake. Lillard was a machine in college never seen a prospect as polished and smart out there. But I have Lillard a grade of a franchise player so it isnt that big of a knock. Burke and Lillard play completely different. Lillard plays like Tony Parker and Burke is more Jameer Nelson IMO. But I like Burkes upside he should be a solid starter one day.

Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook....pretty much the last two point guards I would compare him to

This brings up a good point though--who are their NBA doppelgangers? I have to admit, Burke's tendency towards volume shooting and isos has me a bit concerned. He doesn't strike me as a pass first point guard. My first inclination was to call him a rich man's Darren Collison.

This thread makes me want to change my handle. Wow.

I'm going to agree with P4E in that Burke reminds me a little bit of Jameer Nelson in college. He isn't overly explosive and his size will force him to adjust a bit in the NBA. He has already struggled a bit against quicker defenders this year so it will definitely be an adjustment for him.

I honestly don't know who to compare Oladipo to at this point because his game is evolving so fast. I do think his first year will be tough for him. As good as he is on defense, there are still some things fundamentally he will have to get sorted out at the pro level. Right now, it doesn't matter because he works harder and is so much quicker than everyone else on the court. Offensively, he still can't go left. But once again it doesn't matter in college because no one is quick enough to keep up with him, even when they know he's going right.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This brings up a good point though--who are their NBA doppelgangers? I have to admit, Burke's tendency towards volume shooting and isos has me a bit concerned. He doesn't strike me as a pass first point guard. My first inclination was to call him a rich man's Darren Collison.
    Burke = Jameer Nelson (kudos to p4e)
    Oladipo = better scoring Tony Allen

32. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook....pretty much the last two point guards I would compare him to
    Which ones do you compare him to then?
    Smothered Chicken!

Which ones do you compare him to then?
    P4E nailed it. Jameer Nelson.