View Poll Results: Burke or Oladipo

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trey Burke

    22 28.95%
  • Victor Oladipo

    54 71.05%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 347

Thread: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    I say Burke, but a lot of people are saying Oladipo.
    "We want Miami"

  2. #2
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Fun little hypothetical. I will go ahead and get it out of the way: We won't be in a position to draft either one, but just argument's sake, I'll play.

    I would take Oladipo, because I think he's a better two way player than Burke.

    Thread prediction: This thread will quickly morph into IU fans being called homers.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fun little hypothetical. I will go ahead and get it out of the way: We won't be in a position to draft either one, but just argument's sake, I'll play.

    I would take Oladipo, because I think he's a better two way player than Burke.

    Thread prediction: This thread will quickly morph into IU fans being called homers.
    There is a good reason for that...... ... Hey, maybe we should try to get Gordon.....

  4. #4
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fun little hypothetical. I will go ahead and get it out of the way: We won't be in a position to draft either one, but just argument's sake, I'll play.

    I would take Oladipo, because I think he's a better two way player than Burke.

    Thread prediction: This thread will quickly morph into IU fans being called homers.
    I HATE IU, and I'd take Victor. Burke, while good, is too reliant on an inconsistent jumper/having the ball in his hands. Victor can play off the ball much better, has better energy, and seems to be much smarter with the ball. Burke gets in his head that he needs to take a ton of big shots/gets caught up in the one on one mentality.

    I think Oladipo could be an all-defensive team type of player as well. Tons of upside.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,231

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fun little hypothetical. I will go ahead and get it out of the way: We won't be in a position to draft either one, but just argument's sake, I'll play.

    I would take Oladipo, because I think he's a better two way player than Burke.

    Thread prediction: This thread will quickly morph into IU fans being called homers.
    To be fair, whenever there is a player from the State of Indiana, every(and by every I mean a lot of before you freak out) Pacers fan from Indiana is infatuated with them.

    See Eric Gordon, Mike Conely, Eric Gordon, Gordan Hayword, Greg Oded, Eric Gordon, and pretty much every other player from Indiana in history.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, whenever there is a player from the State of Indiana, every(and by every I mean a lot of before you freak out) Pacers fan from Indiana is infatuated with them.

    See Eric Gordon, Mike Conely, Eric Gordon, Gordan Hayword, Greg Oded, Eric Gordon, and pretty much every other player from Indiana in history.

    Victor Oladipo is from the DC area.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Victor Oladipo is from the DC area.
    But he plays for IU so every IU fan will want the Pacers to sign him. I know Burke will be drafted higher but than won't matter to IU fans. They still want Alford.... ...

  11. #8
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,231

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Victor Oladipo is from the DC area.
    ...and where does he play college basketball?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...and where does he play college basketball?
    You said "from Indiana" and then listed a bunch of players that are from Indiana. I just corrected you.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    562
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, whenever there is a player from the State of Indiana, every(and by every I mean a lot of before you freak out) Pacers fan from Indiana is infatuated with them.

    See Eric Gordon, Mike Conely, Eric Gordon, Gordan Hayword, Greg Oded, Eric Gordon, and pretty much every other player from Indiana in history.

    And who could forget the continuing message board obsession with Brick McRoberts?

    And, lest we forget, it wasn't that long ago that so many grief stricken message boarders moved from Indiana to Sacramento when Brad Miller left the Pacers.

  16. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And who could forget the continuing message board obsession with Brick McRoberts?

    And, lest we forget, it wasn't that long ago that so many grief stricken message boarders moved from Indiana to Sacramento when Brad Miller left the Pacers.
    Someone just said the other day that we could send Hans to Orlando and finally see who is better, he or McBrick..... Like that wasn't decided long ago. People here thought he would be a starter in LA and probably make an all star team. He is the same three minutes a game nobody he always was except to the fans in Indy. He can make big dunks, that is all they need to see..... ...

  17. #12
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I'd take Oladipo just because he's got an NBA style game already and will become the better pro. Given that, he'll be gone in the lottery. So unless we deal Danny for a higher first (which I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to if it got us Oladipo and let us resign everyone) we won't get him.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  18. #13

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    What, no Terone Johnson love?

  19. #14
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,073

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What, no Terone Johnson love?
    I wouldn't be all that upset if he decided to go pro. As long as the Pacers don't draft him anyway.

  20. #15
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,026
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What, no Terone Johnson love?
    only a junior, lol
    Why so SERIOUS

  21. #16

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Burke because there's a 1% chance he'll still be left when we pick, unlike Oladipo where there is 0%.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  23. #17
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Slightly less explosive Fred Jones

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  25. #18

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Slightly less explosive Fred Jones
    Fred Jones could jump like VO, I'll give you that. . Other than that... well, Fred couldn't guard anyone, couldn't shoot anything he couldn't dunk, and had poor handles. Vic needs to tighten up his handles too.

    The kid works hard, is intelligent, plays smart, is wicked athletic, has 2-guard size, and is ready to defend NBA players right now.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,133

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fred Jones could jump like VO, I'll give you that. . Other than that... well, Fred couldn't guard anyone, couldn't shoot anything he couldn't dunk, and had poor handles. Vic needs to tighten up his handles too.

    The kid works hard, is intelligent, plays smart, is wicked athletic, has 2-guard size, and is ready to defend NBA players right now.
    Good post. I was thinking Tony Allen who can score.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,231

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Based on nbadraft.net and their current mock draft, players I would take that fall after the Pacers pick over Burke and Oladipo are:

    Doug McDermott
    Tim Hardaway Jr
    CJ Leslie
    Lorenzo Brown
    Patric Young

    I like Gorgui Dieng, but we don't really need a Center. Lucas Nogueira interests me as well, I don't know much about him - however we could just develop him in the NBDL for a few years or keep him overseas. Seems very athletic for a big guy, if we give him a good coach, could turn out to be a steal.

  30. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lawrence County
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Based on nbadraft.net and their current mock draft, players I would take that fall after the Pacers pick over Burke and Oladipo are:

    Doug McDermott
    Tim Hardaway Jr
    CJ Leslie
    Lorenzo Brown
    Patric Young

    I like Gorgui Dieng, but we don't really need a Center. Lucas Nogueira interests me as well, I don't know much about him - however we could just develop him in the NBDL for a few years or keep him overseas. Seems very athletic for a big guy, if we give him a good coach, could turn out to be a steal.
    Are you saying that you would take all five of these players over Victor and Trey?

  31. #22
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Based on nbadraft.net and their current mock draft, players I would take that fall after the Pacers pick over Burke and Oladipo are:

    Doug McDermott
    Tim Hardaway Jr
    CJ Leslie
    Lorenzo Brown
    Patric Young

    I like Gorgui Dieng, but we don't really need a Center. Lucas Nogueira interests me as well, I don't know much about him - however we could just develop him in the NBDL for a few years or keep him overseas. Seems very athletic for a big guy, if we give him a good coach, could turn out to be a steal.
    Wait, are you telling me that you would pick all of those players ahead of Burke and Oladipo? Wow. I guess when Carolina sucks you don't watch much college basketball.

  32. #23
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Based on nbadraft.net and their current mock draft, players I would take that fall after the Pacers pick over Burke and Oladipo are:

    Doug McDermott
    Tim Hardaway Jr
    CJ Leslie
    Lorenzo Brown
    Patric Young

    I like Gorgui Dieng, but we don't really need a Center. Lucas Nogueira interests me as well, I don't know much about him - however we could just develop him in the NBDL for a few years or keep him overseas. Seems very athletic for a big guy, if we give him a good coach, could turn out to be a steal.
    You would take Tim Hardaway Jr. over Burke AND Oladipo? That's hilarious.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  33. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Based on nbadraft.net and their current mock draft, players I would take that fall after the Pacers pick over Burke and Oladipo are:

    Doug McDermott
    Tim Hardaway Jr
    CJ Leslie
    Lorenzo Brown
    Patric Young

    I like Gorgui Dieng, but we don't really need a Center. Lucas Nogueira interests me as well, I don't know much about him - however we could just develop him in the NBDL for a few years or keep him overseas. Seems very athletic for a big guy, if we give him a good coach, could turn out to be a steal.
    You are nuts if you would take any of those guys over Vic. Doug McDermott is so flawed anyone suggesting taking him over Vic needs to reassess the situation.


    I agree with Shags and I said as much last week when it's all said and done Victor will likely be a fringe 5 top guy. I know I like him a hell of a lot more than Dion Waiters and other guys who have quick risen the last few years.


    But coming from the guy who was obsessed with Kendall Marshall as a NBA player not so surprising.

  34. #25
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who to draft? Burke or Oladipo?

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Slightly less explosive Fred Jones
    lol Fred Jones was barely 6'2"

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Similar Threads

  1. Burke a quiet anchor for coaching staff..
    By Kemo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 10:42 AM
  2. frank vogel or dan burke
    By Scot Pollard in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 12:51 PM
  3. Dan Burke on The Drive 1260
    By McClintic Sphere in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 07:59 AM
  4. Dan Burke was on WIBC earlier tonight.....
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •