Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56

Thread: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

  1. #26
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    It's probably Granger, and they are putting in some plays for him, why else would they close the blinds to the street windows?

  2. #27
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,233

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Probably going to be weird and maybe a little scary for Danny to return after all this time off. I've been down with runner's knee for 6 months now and when I am able to return to running I'm sure I will be a little worried that the knee pain will come back again. Here's hoping all goes smooth for Danny.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  4. #28

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just going to enjoy whatever time we have left with Danny.

    I know to a lot of people he was never good enough, which believe me I understand.

    But to some of us he was the toilet bowl cleaner after we flushed the sewage of those early aught teams. He was/is a good player, he has never embarrassed the franchise (well unless you count the Dead Donkey thing, but I think they learned early on to keep him off of twitter) and frankly brought back an interaction with the common fan that had been missing for a long time.

    Does he have his faults? Yes.

    Was he ever good enough? Depends on your point of view, I say at the 17th pick he has been far more than good enough. But I understand when you are looking to build around a franchise player he isn't LeBron, Durrant or even as good as a Pierce.

    He played for a horrid God awful coach and suffered through teams that did not have the talent to compete and this is where I think some of us really value Danny. He could have left, he did not have to sign that contract extension. Would he have gotten as big a contract elsewhere? I don't know but this was a 20+ point a game scorer (who btw after signing his contract had a bigger year) so I'm telling you several winning clubs would have done something to get him. But he didn't he had a hand shake agreement with Larry and was in on the "three year plan". That is why I am very worried with Pritchard at the helm as a Danny fan.

    IMO, if Bird were here Danny is untouchable. Not because of his on court value only but because I believe they had an agreement that if Danny stayed here during the tough times Larry would build a team with him (notice I didn't say around him) to compete.

    Pritchard is under no such obligation. Which btw I'm not faulting him for, he has to do what is best for the club.

    So anyway as a fan of the Pacers first but then also of Danny as a Pacer I am just going to try & enjoy whatever we have left with him. If it's this season, next season or even his career. I just want to enjoy Danny being on the team.
    As much as I understand that Pritchard doesn't have the obligation, I hope he does the right thing. And the right thing is keeping Danny around. Perhaps this type of situation is why I tend to side with players. So much loyalty is expected of them, with very little given back from management and owners. Danny gave up what was probably the best years of his career to play for JOB...and now that we finally have a great team, he's suddenly disposable.

    What's sad though, is how many fans are advocating trading away Danny.

    I can't wait to see Danny on the court. He's sure to help us.

  5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  6. #29
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,450

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    THis is gonna be great! Can't wait to wear my Granger Jersey On Wednesday.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  7. #30
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,450

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    What's sad though, is how many fans are advocating trading away Danny.

    I can't wait to see Danny on the court. He's sure to help us.
    Thats because most people in Indianapolis didn't bother to watch the Miami series where the team totally wilted once Granger got taken out by Lebron.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

    cgg

  9. #31

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats because most people in Indianapolis didn't bother to watch the Miami series where the team totally wilted once Granger got taken out by Lebron.
    And this is why we need him now with Paul George much improved offensively compared to last playoffs.

    I know Wade is a good defender, but I still think its a mismatch if he had to guard George or Granger, too much size. These guys can shoot over Wade with ease.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:


  11. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as I understand that Pritchard doesn't have the obligation, I hope he does the right thing. And the right thing is keeping Danny around. Perhaps this type of situation is why I tend to side with players. So much loyalty is expected of them, with very little given back from management and owners. Danny gave up what was probably the best years of his career to play for JOB...and now that we finally have a great team, he's suddenly disposable.

    What's sad though, is how many fans are advocating trading away Danny.

    I can't wait to see Danny on the court. He's sure to help us.
    Peyton Manning was loyal to the Colts and they still let him go to another team because it was the best for the team and him, you need to understand that sometimes teams need to make hard decisions, just because somebody is "loyal"(while receiving a huge pay check by the way) doesn't mean that the team has to keep this player on the team forever.

  12. #33

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton Manning was loyal to the Colts and they still let him go to another team because it was the best for the team and him, you need to understand that sometimes teams need to make hard decisions, just because somebody is "loyal"(while receiving a huge pay check by the way) doesn't mean that the team has to keep this player on the team forever.
    You're really misrepresenting Manning's departure. He was let go because he was due $18 million (something like that) before the Colts knew if he could ever even play again.

  13. #34
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're really misrepresenting Manning's departure. He was let go because he was due $18 million (something like that) before the Colts knew if he could ever even play again.
    While that is very true, he was still cut. According to Peter King, Peyton was pretty shook/shocked when it happened.

  14. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're really misrepresenting Manning's departure. He was let go because he was due $18 million (something like that) before the Colts knew if he could ever even play again.
    And because they had the first round pick with a guy called Andrew luck waiting to be the starter, had the Colts been "loyal" as some are suggesting the Colts would have pay the guy 18mil to keep him on the bench even if he was not healthy.

    I still remember people wanting to pay Foster 10+mil a year because he was "loyal" and because of "his locker room leadership".

    I guess what I'm trying to say is that "loyalty" in sports is bs from both sides and suggesting to keep a player because of his "loyalty" is not good business.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-10-2013 at 11:39 PM.

  15. #36
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,685

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And because they had the first round pick with a guy called Andrew luck waiting to be the starter, had the Colts been "loyal" as some are suggesting the Colts would have pay the guy 18mil to keep him on the bench even if he was not healthy.

    I still remember people wanting to pay Foster 10+mil a year because he was "loyal" and because of "his locker room leadership".

    I guess what I'm trying to say is that "loyalty" in sports is bs from both sides and suggesting to keep a player because of his "loyalty" is not good business.
    I hate this thinking, but I can't disagree with it either.

    Vnzla81 is correct in the fact that it is a business and at the end of the day you do have to make the best choices for either the business or from the other side the player.

    Doesn't mean I have to like it or can't believe that it can't be moderated but at the end of the day it is the bottom line.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  17. #37
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,533

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Loyalty can be rewarded for both sides though.

    I hate how much players get lambasted for not being loyal which is ridiucous. They have to handle their career. But I appreciate it when both teams and players are loyal. Teams can get a reputation for being loyal, which I think can help in the long term success of the program. And this is true in all business whether it is basketball, or any other job in the country really.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  19. #38
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,533

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    I hope Danny's loyalty is rewarded and if it is, I'm sure the Pacers loyalty will be rewarded in the future.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  21. #39
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Loyalty exists or at least existed in sports, it's just not mandatory.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  23. #40

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Loyalty exists or at least existed in sports, it's just not mandatory.
    Just ask Reggie. A big reason he never signed with the Celtics was not wanting to wear another uniform.

    Looking back, Miller has never been clear on the reason he turned down the job offer – except that he had come to the cusp of accepting it. Even now, Ainge isn’t sure. Miller declined to discuss it, but [Mark] Jackson never believed it was because Miller couldn’t still play, or that the desire was gone.

    “It was not wanting to wear another uniform, and not wanting to feel like somebody else got him a ring,” Jackson says.

    To his core, Miller had such deep love and loyalty to those 18 years with the Indiana Pacers. The Celtics hadn’t been the first team to offer him a chance to return to the NBA. Mark Cuban called him to play with Dirk Nowitzki. Cleveland Cavaliers GM Danny Ferry wanted him to play with LeBron James. To Miller, it never felt right for his legacy. He did the rare thing: He retired when he was still an outstanding player, and he couldn’t be lured back when Mark Jackson and Garnett were working out with him, telling him he still could make a difference.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...lerallen020911

    Is it romanticized too much, sort of a naive way of feeling like we don't just root for laundry? Probably. But when it really happens it's great.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 02-11-2013 at 12:31 AM.

  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  25. #41

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    There is something to be said for loyalty. Guys don't want to come to Indiana because of the weather or the great night life... but they might want to play for a top notch organization that takes care of their own players above and beyond.

  26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  27. #42
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,778

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Making a move that goes against sentiment doesn't mean that a team is disloyal. Not all the time.

  28. #43
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,148

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton Manning was loyal to the Colts and they still let him go to another team because it was the best for the team and him, you need to understand that sometimes teams need to make hard decisions, just because somebody is "loyal"(while receiving a huge pay check by the way) doesn't mean that the team has to keep this player on the team forever.
    Those are different situations, though. Letting Danny go is not for the best of the team or him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  30. #44
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,282

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that "loyalty" in sports is bs from both sides and suggesting to keep a player because of his "loyalty" is not good business.
    I don't often agree with vnzla, but can't argue with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate how much players get lambasted for not being loyal which is ridiucous. They have to handle their career. But I appreciate it when both teams and players are loyal. Teams can get a reputation for being loyal, which I think can help in the long term success of the program. And this is true in all business whether it is basketball, or any other job in the country really.
    Agreed with this too. Still, you can show loyalty in a lot of ways that don't affect the competitiveness of the team on the floor.

    It seems inevitable to me that we're going to lose at least one guy from our current core, and for various reasons Danny seems the most likely candidate.

  31. #45

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Man, I would love to witness a short practice game between our first and second unit.
    George against Granger. West against Hansbrough. drool smiley

    No wonder Hibbert is struggling like that. Switching from Amundson to Mahinmi, that must hurt your confidence

  32. #46
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Can't wait! We will be at the game wed. too. I got a great deal on some tickets. My son will be sporting his Granger Jersey.

  33. #47

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton Manning was loyal to the Colts and they still let him go to another team because it was the best for the team and him, you need to understand that sometimes teams need to make hard decisions, just because somebody is "loyal"(while receiving a huge pay check by the way) doesn't mean that the team has to keep this player on the team forever.
    There's a difference between the Manning situation and this one.

    First of all, it is not in Danny's best interest to be traded, and it's likely not even in the Pacers best interest.
    Second, Danny has never been rewarded for his loyalty here. What he got was JOB.

    It's obviously not mandatory. And Sports is a business. But in general, it's bad business to treat your employees like they are disposable. (For instance, Paul George could look at the way Danny was treated, and decide he'd rather go back to LA for a more high profile team instead of giving up his best years in Indiana. And the Pacers would deserve it.) And this talk of trading him before he even plays with the team is even more pathetic.
    Last edited by Sookie; 02-11-2013 at 11:22 AM.

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  35. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a difference between the Manning situation and this one.
    Of course there is Payton Manning was the GOAT.

    First of all, it is not in Danny's best interest to be traded, and it's likely not even in the Pacers best interest.
    How do you know that is not in his best interest?

    Second, Danny has never been rewarded for his loyalty here. What he got was JOB.
    How much more reward do you want from a team than a 13mil a year salary?

    It's obviously not mandatory. And Sports is a business. But in general, it's bad business to treat your employees like they are disposable. (For instance, Paul George could look at the way Danny was treated, and decide he'd rather go back to LA for a more high profile team instead of giving up his best years in Indiana. And the Pacers would deserve it.) And this talk of trading him before he even plays with the team is even more pathetic.
    Players know they are disposable that is why they don't give a damn about their teams either, I mean how much more "loyalty" have the Pacers show Roy and he was ready to sign with other team? "loyalty" is nice an all but in reality that doesn't work.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-11-2013 at 12:11 PM.

  36. #49
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,227

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    I don't think players know they're disposable. That's why they get all touchy when they're names are involved in trade rumors. There's always players who make comments about how hard it is on them and their families to pick up move.

    They want the luxury of being able to pick and choose where they play, but don't like the organizations to have the power to make that decision for them. It's a two way street, players don't like to get traded (unless they ask) and teams don't like to get jilted.

  37. #50
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,227

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin Pritchard Twitter Photo/Granger Practicing w/ 2nd Unit

    Scott Agnes and MJB both tweeted pictures of Danny getting some run today. (sorry, can't post them from work)


    Danny looks pretty thin. Looks like he kept himself in really good shape over the down time.

Similar Threads

  1. Granger to begin practicing soon?
    By BlueCollarColts in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 01-18-2013, 05:44 PM
  2. Kevyn Pritchard twitter chat
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 04:01 PM
  3. Kevin Pritchard
    By DangerGranger3pointranger in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 08:20 PM
  4. Pritchard on Twitter?
    By docpaul in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 12:48 AM
  5. What has Kevin Pritchard done?
    By MillerTime in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 12:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •