Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers pursuing JJ Redick

Banned

Default Pacers pursuing JJ Redick

@AlexKennedyNBA: Source says the Indiana Pacers and Chicago Bulls are among the teams pursuing Orlando Magic guard J.J. Redick.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers pursuing JJ Redick

Man I really really hope the Magic see something in our players that can get this deal done. We'd be crazy good with JJ.

DJ, OJ and anyone else works out salary wise.

Figured we would at least make a call. I hear the want expiring contracts and a 1st round pick. We have both, not sure deal gets done though

Banned

@AlexKennedyNBA: Still no guarantee that the Magic will trade Redick before deadline. But if they choose to move him, there are plenty of potential suitors.

Duh.

We'd be stupid to not try and get him. But I dont think we have anything that interests them in the least bit, without us moving key pieces.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

And get Andrew Nicholson along with Reddick. Mwahahhaa
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quick, somebody tell the Magic that we have an Official Roy Hibbert Trade thread.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Redick is expiring, right?

It is probably conceivable we could obtain this guy without messing up the core too much.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Redick is expiring, right?

It is probably conceivable we could obtain this guy without messing up the core too much.
    Uh, no. He's a bench player. We'd darn well better get him without messing up the core AT ALL. And, without a guarantee of re-signing, we'd better not give up a 1st rounder without Green (unfortunately not expiring) being included in the deal. Even then a 1st is a lot.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Figured we would at least make a call. I hear the want expiring contracts and a 1st round pick. We have both, not sure deal gets done though
    Maybe a combo of DJ/Tyler/1st? The money is actually perfect in that scenario, and it's gonna be tough to re-sign JJ so you don't want to give up too much. He's gonna want $8M+ I would think.

Wells said something on Grady's show Friday that I found interesting. He basically said Redick's agent is a hardass that will drive JJ's price up when it comes to re-signing him. The thought is "if you'll give up a first round pick for me, I'm worth a first if not more. Therefore, pay me $8/$9/$10M per."

A rotation of Hill/PG/Granger/West/Hibbert/Lance/JJ/Ian...my goodness. That's freaking potent.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Uh, no. He's a bench player. We'd darn well better get him without messing up the core AT ALL. And, without a guarantee of re-signing, we'd better not give up a 1st rounder without Green (unfortunately not expiring) being included in the deal. Even then a 1st is a lot.
    A bench player that will score 15+/game on efficient shooting. He'd only be a bench player because PG/Danny are immovable in the rotation, not because he isn't starter-quality.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post

And get Andrew Nicholson along with Reddick. Mwahahhaa

Absolutely, couldn't agree more.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd highly doubt that we could get him, but I've seen worse trades happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Quick, somebody tell the Magic that we have an Official Roy Hibbert Trade thread.
    Yup, if we were smart:

21. The Following User Says Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

how about a Tyler Hansbrough, D.J. Augustin and 1st and 2nd round draft picks for next year. A change of scenery could help D.J. Augustin, though he has been decent lately, I think Tyler could average around 9 or 10 ppg on a bad team like Orlando, both of those are expiring contracts, which is what Orlando whats, and Orlando can build for the future with out 1st and 2nd rounders

If we're pursuing Reddick, it's because we're trying to move Green. No way we take them both on.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Very intriguing...
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

If we're going to keep our core together including West, Granger and PG then we need to keep all our picks for the next 3 years. It's the only way we'll be able to field a bench on a budget. If they'd take Green and DJ I'd be all over it though.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    how about a Tyler Hansbrough, D.J. Augustin and 1st and 2nd round draft picks for next year. A change of scenery could help D.J. Augustin, though he has been decent lately, I think Tyler could average around 9 or 10 ppg on a bad team like Orlando, both of those are expiring contracts, which is what Orlando whats, and Orlando can build for the future with out 1st and 2nd rounders
    That's a terrible trade for the Pacers. Reddick will be gone next year and we'd be out 2 picks that we really need to be able to put a bench together next year.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Play Gerald Green up.... Magic fans need something to be excited about all star weekend.... How about a guy who's going to be in the dunk contest??
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    If we're going to keep our core together including West, Granger and PG then we need to keep all our picks for the next 3 years. It's the only way we'll be able to field a bench on a budget. If they'd take Green and DJ I'd be all over it though.
    well if we are going to get Redick we won't be able to keep our picks for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    A bench player that will score 15+/game on efficient shooting. He'd only be a bench player because PG/Danny are immovable in the rotation, not because he isn't starter-quality.
    He plays for a team that is second to last in the entire conference and starts only when regular starters are out of the lineup.

So, although I like Redick, he is at best a part-time fill-in starter. So, on a contending team, he is NOT a starting-quality player. He can make a choice. Either he plays and gets substantial minutes off the bench for a contending team, or plays for a bottom-feeder with a chance of starting.

Personally, I would not give up any of our top seven players to get him. Our guys play well together and remarkably, every one of them plays decent defense. Redick is a very good scorer, but he is a terrible defensive player. That tempers his value, especially to a team that must excel at defense in order to win games.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Play Gerald Green up.... Magic fans need something to be excited about all star weekend.... How about a guy who's going to be in the dunk contest??
    lol, play Gerald Green and hope he can have a couple of good games off the bench for us and hopefully Orlando does not look at his stat line

We're not offering Hibbert, West, Granger, George, Hill, Ian, Tyler, or Lance.

The offer pretty much has to be Green and DJ.

Moving those two guys puts Lance at backup PG (sometimes pushing Hill to SG) and Redick backing up the wings. A lethal 5-man rotation, really.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

What's wrong with Lance?