Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 253

Thread: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

  1. #176

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    11 defensive centers:
    Dwight Howard, Joakim Noah, Tim Duncan, Serge Ibaka, Andrew Bynum, Marc Gasol, Kevin Garnett, Tyson Chandler, Andrew Bogut, DeAndre Jordan, Larry Sanders

    Offensively:
    Dwight Howard, LaMarcus Aldridge, Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson, Chris Bosh, Tim Duncan, DeMarcus Cousins, Al Horford, Nikola Pekovic, Kevin Garnett, Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka, Amar'e Stoudemire, Nene, Nikola Vucevic, Joakim Noah, Marcin Gorat, Chris Kaman, Andrew Bogut, Spencer Hawes, Omer Asik, Tyson Chandler, Robin Lopez, Jason Thompson, Valanciunas, Drummond, Favors

  2. #177
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,063

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    11 defensive centers:
    Dwight Howard, Joakim Noah, Tim Duncan, Serge Ibaka, Andrew Bynum, Marc Gasol, Kevin Garnett, Tyson Chandler, Andrew Bogut, DeAndre Jordan, Larry Sanders

    Offensively:
    Dwight Howard, LaMarcus Aldridge, Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson, Chris Bosh, Tim Duncan, DeMarcus Cousins, Al Horford, Nikola Pekovic, Kevin Garnett, Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka, Amar'e Stoudemire, Nene, Nikola Vucevic, Joakim Noah, Marcin Gorat, Chris Kaman, Andrew Bogut, Spencer Hawes, Omer Asik, Tyson Chandler, Robin Lopez, Jason Thompson, Valanciunas, Drummond, Favors
    I'm sorry...

    That is incorrect...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:


  4. #178

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry...

    That is incorrect...
    No, stats prove this as well.

  5. #179
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,914

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    11 defensive centers:
    Dwight Howard, Joakim Noah, Tim Duncan, Serge Ibaka, Andrew Bynum, Marc Gasol, Kevin Garnett, Tyson Chandler, Andrew Bogut, DeAndre Jordan, Larry Sanders
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3_leaders.html

    Roy Hibbert is #2 in Defensive Rating behind Tim Duncan and tied for #3 along with Kevin Durant and David West in Defensive Win Shares behind Joakim Noah and Paul George.

    So, at worse he is the #3 best defensive Center in the league.

    Simply put, you are wrong! The stats prove it.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  7. #180

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3_leaders.html

    Roy Hibbert is #2 in Defensive Rating behind Tim Duncan and tied for #3 along with Kevin Durant and David West in Defensive Win Shares behind Joakim Noah and Paul George.

    So, at worse he is the #3 best defensive Center in the league.

    Simply put, you are wrong! The stats prove it.
    Stats don't prove defense, sorry. DAVID WEST is in the same breath in those statistics. I'm sorry, but if you think David West is a top anything defensive player then I've got some beachside property in Indy and some real fans to show you in Heat jerseys.

    Hibbert really is an elite defender inside the paint, but he's every single bit as bad on offense. Every. Single. Bit.

  8. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry...

    That is incorrect...
    Not that I agree but his list is not that bad, can you explain why do you think he is incorrect?

  9. #182
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,110

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stats don't prove defense, sorry. DAVID WEST is in the same breath in those statistics. I'm sorry, but if you think David West is a top anything defensive player then I've got some beachside property in Indy and some real fans to show you in Heat jerseys.

    Hibbert really is an elite defender inside the paint, but he's every single bit as bad on offense. Every. Single. Bit.
    Yep. 5 for 18 tonight. 7 footer who can't consistently convert bunnies at the rim. If dude could just make 50% of layups he'd easily average 15 per game. Honestly, I don't care if he's part of our offensive game plan. He can specialize in defense, but for the love of all that's holy, can't you hit some of the point blank shots?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  10. #183

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Ever since the brawl, Indy's expectations have been quite low.

    Some people were actually thinking Hibbert's 5-18 game tonight was PRODUCTIVE.

    smh

  11. #184
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,186
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    11 defensive centers:
    Dwight Howard, Joakim Noah, Tim Duncan, Serge Ibaka, Andrew Bynum, Marc Gasol, Kevin Garnett, Tyson Chandler, Andrew Bogut, DeAndre Jordan, Larry Sanders
    This season Dwight has been very lazy/poor defensively. Ibaka isn't a center, Bynum's been out the whole year, Bogut's barely played, and I wouldn't really call Sanders a center either. And Kevin Garnett is only a center because they got noone else on the Celtics that plays big.

    Hibbert has played like **** this season offensively, but defensively he's been pretty good, he's not that great against bigs that can shoot outside, but blocking shots and covering defense for others he's been pretty good.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  12. #185
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,914

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stats don't prove defense, sorry. DAVID WEST is in the same breath in those statistics. I'm sorry, but if you think David West is a top anything defensive player then I've got some beachside property in Indy and some real fans to show you in Heat jerseys.

    Hibbert really is an elite defender inside the paint, but he's every single bit as bad on offense. Every. Single. Bit.
    Defensive win shares do not prove defense, that's true. That's because it mostly judges team defense and not individual D. But defensive rating can prove defense.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  13. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3_leaders.html

    Roy Hibbert is #2 in Defensive Rating behind Tim Duncan and tied for #3 along with Kevin Durant and David West in Defensive Win Shares behind Joakim Noah and Paul George.

    So, at worse he is the #3 best defensive Center in the league.

    Simply put, you are wrong! The stats prove it.
    Stats rarely prove anything. Observation is almost always better. I agree with you that Hibbert is better than a couple of posters are making him out to be but number two defensively because of a stat sets of a ... alarm. I don't think Hibber is the third best defensive center in the league but I don't think he is below the 11th best either. ...

  14. #187
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    11 defensive centers:
    Dwight Howard, Joakim Noah, Tim Duncan, Serge Ibaka, Andrew Bynum, Marc Gasol, Kevin Garnett, Tyson Chandler, Andrew Bogut, DeAndre Jordan, Larry Sanders

    Offensively:
    Dwight Howard, LaMarcus Aldridge, Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson, Chris Bosh, Tim Duncan, DeMarcus Cousins, Al Horford, Nikola Pekovic, Kevin Garnett, Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka, Amar'e Stoudemire, Nene, Nikola Vucevic, Joakim Noah, Marcin Gorat, Chris Kaman, Andrew Bogut, Spencer Hawes, Omer Asik, Tyson Chandler, Robin Lopez, Jason Thompson, Valanciunas, Drummond, Favors
    I do not think Ibaka, Bogut and Jordan are better defensively than Roy. The only players that are significantly better defensively on that list than Roy are Noah, Howard (although, not at the moment) and Duncan.


    Offensively, it's hard for me to justify Roy being better than any of those. He should be better than all but 4 or 5 on that list, but he just isn't this year. If he could make his shots from within 5 feet of the basket, he would be a top 5 offensive center averaging 17-18ppg.

    I was directly behind the bench last night in the 4th row ($30 for the tickets from a scalper....soooo expensive ) and it was really pathetic to see how far off some of Roy's shots were. You don't really pick up on that on TV. But when you have a good angle like that, you see how badly Roy is missing shots that should be layups. At this point, I don't know what it is. His mid-range game seems to be back to normal, but he looks as bad as he did as a rookie underneath the basket. It's sad when you would rather have Lance Stevenson taking a shot under the basket instead of your 7'2" center.

  15. #188
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,914

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stats rarely prove anything. Observation is almost always better.
    Stats do not tell the whole story most of the time but they are far more objective than observation or the "eye test".
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #189
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,914

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Smooth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do not think Ibaka, Bogut and Jordan are better defensively than Roy. The only players that are significantly better defensively on that list than Roy are Noah, Howard (although, not at the moment) and Duncan.
    Bogut is a great defender. He is just not healthy enough to show it most of the time.

    Ibaka and Jordan are overrated defenders, imo. They are weakside shot-blockers and nothing more. They are not good man defenders and struggle to defend the post.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  17. #190
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    I'm just wondering what you guys think.

    I really don't have a desire to trade Hibbert, but I can't help but wonder if he could be traded and if so, exactly what in return.

    Al Jefferson expiring?
    Andrew Bogut?
    Tyrus Thomas and Henderson?
    Gortat and Beasley?

    Is this about right? Is he valued more or less to other teams?

    I know what he means to this team, but what about other teams viewing him as?

    Again, this isn't to hate on him, just trying to get a consensus.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  18. #191
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,047

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stats rarely prove anything. Observation is almost always better.
    As I have said over and over again, stats are facts. You can't argue that the numbers are wrong, they are what they are.

    If you think a stat is not showing the entire picture, you need to be able to explain WHY the number is what it is but doesn't mean what people think it means.

    The problem with the "eye test" is that too many people see what isn't there or miss what is there, then remain stubbornly fixated on what they think they saw instead of understanding what is actually happening.

    In reality, to interpret statistics well, you need to use both the numbers and observation to make the pieces fit.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  20. #192
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,764

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given that he was trained by the Pacers' front office, and still sucks, I think that says more about the difficulty of the job than for us in general and in cyberspace.

    But I don't you well enough to completely answer. What's your resume/ experience?
    Haha it was just a joke. My experience goes as far as fantasy basketball with my friends
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  21. #193
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    If anyone has followed my posts, I usually defend Hibbert pointing out his great D and just ask for higher FG%s. After watching a Hibby miss a layup at the rim to reach the 4 for 15 mark INSTEAD OF KEEPING THE BALL HIGH AND DUNKING THE BALL, I say bench him for a game.

    Hibby's confidence and emotions cannot be coddled anymore, because it's not working. There was a time when Hibbert would really come out with a fire and hunger against Lopez. I get that Hibbert does ALL the extra stuff, put in ALL the extra work, but his head isn't right and what we're doing isn't working.

    Bench Roy a game or two.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:


  23. #194
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stats do not tell the whole story most of the time but they are far more objective than observation or the "eye test".
    So what. You're trying to analyze or measure something that is -- at the minimum -- as qualitative as it is quantitative. And perhaps significantly more qualitative than quantitative.

    Stats can be helpful here. One would first need to agree on the selection of stats, and that is very qualitative itself. That's about as strong of a statement as you can make about the stats.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  24. #195
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anyone has followed my posts, I usually defend Hibbert pointing out his great D and just ask for higher FG%s. After watching a Hibby miss a layup at the rim to reach the 4 for 15 mark INSTEAD OF KEEPING THE BALL HIGH AND DUNKING THE BALL, I say bench him for a game.

    Hibby's confidence and emotions cannot be coddled anymore, because it's not working. There was a time when Hibbert would really come out with a fire and hunger against Lopez. I get that Hibbert does ALL the extra stuff, put in ALL the extra work, but his head isn't right and what we're doing isn't working.

    Bench Roy a game or two.
    I have to agree. There is no excuse for the missed layups. He is the tallest player in the NBA, yet he can't make a shot from 18 inches from the basket. Bench Roy on Wednesday. Let him have a whole week to think about it. Ian is playing well enough to warrant more playing time.

    Like I said in a previous post, it's not just that Roy is missing easy shots, it's how badly he is missing them. You could tell that most of his shots weren't going in last night as soon as he released. He was 3 feet from the basket, yet he was well short. Maybe Roy should look up I-65 at Noah. Noah is much weaker than Roy, yet he goes up strong like he has 40 lbs on Roy. With his length, anything within the charge circle should be a dunk.

  25. #196
    Member West90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    58
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Hey guys, first time poster here been watching the board for a couple years too long. Anyways, please for the love of god do not trade Hilbert. I believe he is playing a little below his contract, but not by much on how much a quality center will cost you these days. His defense is superb and that's most important. Offensively he has been struggling yes,but there's times out there when i watch him and i say there's not 5 centers in this league than can make a 8 foot left handed hook shot the way he is capable of. He is 26 but still has growth to do. just be patient with him. Anyway's cheers to the board

  26. #197
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anyone has followed my posts, I usually defend Hibbert pointing out his great D and just ask for higher FG%s. After watching a Hibby miss a layup at the rim to reach the 4 for 15 mark INSTEAD OF KEEPING THE BALL HIGH AND DUNKING THE BALL, I say bench him for a game.

    Hibby's confidence and emotions cannot be coddled anymore, because it's not working. There was a time when Hibbert would really come out with a fire and hunger against Lopez. I get that Hibbert does ALL the extra stuff, put in ALL the extra work, but his head isn't right and what we're doing isn't working.

    Bench Roy a game or two.
    I agree, bench him against the Bobcats and make him think about it during Allstar break. Might do him some good and it sure isn't going to hurt his production.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  28. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anyone has followed my posts, I usually defend Hibbert pointing out his great D and just ask for higher FG%s. After watching a Hibby miss a layup at the rim to reach the 4 for 15 mark INSTEAD OF KEEPING THE BALL HIGH AND DUNKING THE BALL, I say bench him for a game.

    Hibby's confidence and emotions cannot be coddled anymore, because it's not working. There was a time when Hibbert would really come out with a fire and hunger against Lopez. I get that Hibbert does ALL the extra stuff, put in ALL the extra work, but his head isn't right and what we're doing isn't working.

    Bench Roy a game or two.
    Why do you hate Hibbert?

  29. #199
    Member Phree Refill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    The likelihood of Vogel benching Roy is about the same as Artest and JOB working for this franchise simultaneously in any capacity ever again.
    Last edited by Phree Refill; 02-12-2013 at 01:17 PM.

  30. #200
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you hate Hibbert?
    I like Roy Hibbert...

Similar Threads

  1. Peter Vescey tweet mentioning a KG for Hibbert trade
    By Derek2k3 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 07:45 PM
  2. Rockets trade for Hibbert idea
    By pacer4ever in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 02:19 PM
  3. Let's Trade Hibbert!
    By troyc11a in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 11:54 PM
  4. Official Roy Hibbert Twitter thread.
    By Kemo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 09:50 AM
  5. Hans and Hibbert positive thread
    By jhondog28 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •