Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

This thread is simply ridiculous....Roy's FG% has dropped AT MOST 8% over his ENTIRE career....That means that he missed 8 more shots per 100 than he did last season....He is only down 3 points per game....THREE POINTS...His rebounds are down by only 1/2 a rebound per game, and I would argue that Lance (who's RPG has increased by 2.5 over last season) and PG (who's RPG has increased by 2.2 over last season and 4.1 over the previous season) steal more rebounds from Roy this year than they ever did in the past....Roy's BLK and STL have both increased this year, minor increases, but they HAVE increased....He forces opponents to alter more shots than anyone else on the team, and is the main reason that teams tend to settle for long range jumpers against us (also helping Lance and PG inflate those rebounding stats).

Come on guys, put away the pitchforks and enjoy the ride....Hibbert has NEVER been an offensive machine, why would you expect him to be now??

Let me go ahead and include his career stats so that you don't have to waste your time searching for them....Maybe these will help prove to all you fickle fans that Roy is really not having as bad a year as you think he is....You're expecting more because the man got paid, and that is not his fault, it's yours....

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....He is only down 3 points per game....THREE POINTS...His rebounds are down by only 1/2 a rebound per game,
    THREE POINTS==22.6%, not chopped liver considering.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This thread P!SSES ME OFF!!! ...

I personally think a moderator needs to delete this crap ... embarassing for me as a PD member to think that Big Roy could happen to open up PD in his browser and the first thing he sees is an "official trade roy hibbert thread"...

Your thoughtlessness disgust me ..
    I have a few things to say about this...

First, I want to say that I support Hibbert as I stated earlier. I think he will be fine come later in the season and playoff. I don't need him to slam and jump every time he gets a chance during season games. At 7'2" and his weight, we need him to be solid for years. Now, come playoffs, he better step it up and makes those quick roll moves in the post. See him jumping higher for clear rebounds and put backs with some slams. We know he possess the ability to do so.

Secondly, I was one that didn't want to sign him until like the deadline came and at that point we really didn't have a choice. But, prior to RFA begin I had made a comment that got larger then I wanted, but my comment as I remember was like, If Hibbert doesn't live up to this max rookie scale contract, I will feel sorry for him cause he will have a hard time dealing with it. We know he is a sensitive person, right? But with all this said, he wanted the contract and he signed the contract.

And lastly, He will deal with much more criticism on tv, newspaper, tweeter, fans in the stands, coaches and teamates then the chances of him coming to PD. And at the end of the day, it should do him more good then bad anyways or I guess I was correct acouple months before he signed that terrible contract that would only put more pressure on him, more pressure then he maybe able to handle. Time will tell.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo Sports Logo

[QUOTE=OlBlu;1584413]
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I thought he might be but I wasn't sure. He certainly deserved to be even though people here think Foster was better.... ...
    i am assured in stating Foster is not a career lifelong backup player like some people believe on here ...

Look at what MIA did to LA today, James and Dwade were camping in the paint. My oh my, It's not like us having Hibbert effects the opposing offensive players.

I just don't get it. I just don't get it. I have read every opposing teams forum during and post our games, They have said, Why isn't (Teams player) driving to the rim?

Responses, Yeah it's not like they have Hibbert or anything. We are blessed to have this defensive anchor, This isn't 2k where you can plug in a athletic C and win. You can't!

If you could than Javale would be a HOF by now, People need to stop looking at certain things and look at others. It's beating a dead horse. Without Hibbert we would be in the middle

of the pack defensively at best. Did you not see Lebron and wade drive in with no one meeting them at the rim? My goodness, At least our guys know that Hibbert is waiting.

Is he over payed? Of course! But big men in the NBA are a premium. If we didn't match I can swear to my life that we would be having a vice-cersa debate. Man why didn't we re-signed

Hibbert, He was a home grown talent. Stupid cheap front office, We had a nice young core together. One could argue we wouldn't be in the position we are currently in(11 games over .500)

without Hibbert. How many game saving blocks/defensive stops has he had all year? At the end of the day, We are not paying his contract. I'm not loosing any sleep over his money.

Hibbert is a talented Center, He isn't a try hard hustle player.

By me ^^

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to picasso For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

i will say it again that I believe the idea of trading Roy right now is a bad idea so i have lost interest in the theard topic.

there has been three topics on Foster:

1) Foster is a carreer backup
    2) Hans is better than Foster
    3) Foster was Rodman type player

the first two were stated by posters and i respectfully disagree. since neither of those posters can backup their opinons with fact i will move ont my statement regarding Rodman.

I may have used Rodman as a point of reference. if anything Foster was at minimum a poor mans Rodman. see the article i posted below regarding his rebounding prowess.

Rodman got alot of pub on teams with larger market share and championhsship status. I give you Rodman was great at rebounding, and defense. offesively he was bad. he was basically Dale Davis bad on offense.

I believe the major advantage that Rodman would have on Foster is defense and i dont think its that significant. as far as rebounding i think Foster was as good as anyone. Foster was a very smart player and good passing big man.

I dont buy into the accolades all that much from the NBA.. because overall bigger market teams recieve all the recognition. Rodman dominated with Detroit but if i remember correctly he only played there 6 years or so, then SA, then Bulls, he seemed to decline quickly. Foster was very durable. if not for the limited ability he would have continued to start for almost a decade.

Foster is significantly better player than Hansbrough, hope Hansbrough gets there. If Hans were 6'10 and could gaurd both pf/c he would be more sought after.

Foster as a career backup is just laughable.

Foster may not have the same accolades as the worm but i at least believe Foster was a poor mans Rodman. although i believe stating that is a discredit to Fosters game. Foster is very undervalued by some on here. its a real shame.

during that 6 game series with detroit , reggie millers last run .. foster had a game of 21 rebounds , we dominated that game with Fosters effort and extended the series.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    Do you think anyone here cares about Roy Making a lot of money? Nobody gives a **** about that, we're all happy for him getting rich, the problem starts when that money counts against your cap and you are forced to dump Granger or not resign West because of the underperforming overpaid big fellow
    My cap?

I'm just a fan. Of the team.

I'm nutz about the team. But I think some people need to know when/ where to draw the line. None of us on PD signed him to the contract and none of us on PD are going to have to trade him or sign another player. There are professionals who deal with that for a living. Along with countless people in cyberspace pretending they could do a better job when they barely know what 10% of the job requirements are for somebody in the front office.

This place is a lot more fun when we talk about the game of basketball.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Jeff was a great valued player and a borderline starter for much of his career. His last contract was terrible vs production, but who knew he'd have chronic back issues.

Rodman and Foster should not be compared in anyway. Rodman was on a much different level and he was a huge part of the Bulls Championships. Rodman's play will never be noticed to It's fullest on paper. He was one hell of a tough mf and got in his opponents heads like no other.

I was always a huge fan of Foster.
    I always admired Rodman's play.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 02-10-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    My cap?

I'm nutz about the team. But I think some people need to know when/ where to draw the line. None of us on PD signed him to the contract and none of us on PD are going to have to trade him or sign another player. There are professionals who deal with that for a living. Along with countless people in cyberspace pretending they could do a better job when they barely know what 10% of the job requirements are for somebody in the front office.

oh come on, you don't think I can do a better job than Kahn? :P
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe if we all cry loud enough Brad Miller will come back.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

i am frustrated with roy's fg%
    but i'm not giving up on him.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Roy can hit 150 straight 3 pointers and his percentage would not be as good as Chandlers(somebody on twitter posted this).
    Because Chandler will keep shooting under the basket. He doesn't even dare to shoot farther than 3 feet of the basket
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    In fact the entire thread is explained in one go, shall I lock it now ?
    Thanks for not closing the thread. In my opinion, one of the reasons for PD's success is the great restraint of the admins. When actual basketball discussion is taking place, even if many of the opinions are way out there, we should, imo, have a very, very long leash.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

20. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Cool Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Thanks for not closing the thread. In my opinion, one of the reasons for PD's success is the great restraint of the admins. When actual basketball discussion is taking place, even if many of the opinions are way out there, we should, imo, have a very, very long leash.
    Well said and you are right, they are in general very tolerant..... ...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Because Chandler will keep shooting under the basket. He doesn't even dare to shoot farther than 3 feet of the basket
    Precisely. They never, ever run a play for Tyson, and if he isn't right under the basket he passes it out.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Well said and you are right, they are in general very tolerant..... ...
    Lovely. Appreciation where appreciation is due.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Default Re: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

Roy does miss plenty of, by NBA standards, easy baskets. If we can get a center to strictly play defense, then Roy could be moved. Is he really better than Asik on Houston?
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    My cap?

I haven't read such an ignorant post in a long time. Had you bothered to read any of the comments I made on this thread, you wouldn't have found that I support trading Hibbert yet. I absolutely do not understand how you think I "pretend I'm part of the front office" in any way.

There is nothing wrong with being disappointed with a guy who doesn't live up to the bar he had set last year.
    Last edited by yoadknux; 02-11-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    I haven't read such an ignorant post in a long time. Had you bothered to read any of the comments I made on this thread, you wouldn't have found that I support trading Hibbert yet. I absolutely do not understand how you think I "pretend I'm part of the front office" in any way.

There is nothing wrong with being disappointed with a guy who doesn't live up to the bar he had set last year.
    Huh?

Because you referred to it as "your" cap. Meaning, "my" cap.

I've totally lost interest in the cap. I have no control over it. I don't write the checks, sign the contracts, any of it. I'd rather discuss the game of basketball than the front office of basketball.

So don't call it "your" or "my" cap, call it Donnie Walsh's/ Pritchard's cap.

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    oh come on, you don't think I can do a better job than Kahn? :P

Given that he was trained by the Pacers' front office, and still sucks, I think that says more about the difficulty of the job than for us in general and in cyberspace.

But I don't you well enough to completely answer. What's your resume/ experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post

Why do you care where Chandler shoots from to get his 11.5 PPG? The point is he's getting it at the rate of 66% which is "25%" higher than Hibbert. He has Melo, JR, Kidd, Felton, etc to shoot from the outside.

Chandler is also gettiing 11.2 RPG, and he's not getting them the "Murphy way" either. He's in the paint with his lunch pail and hardhat getting it done.

Maybe we have a difference of opinion of what the job of a center is. I don't know. What I do know is I'm not looking for a Mehet Okur type center, who is constantly straying outside the paint to shoot 3's and long 2's. I want a Pekovic or a Gortat type center. Someone who is hardnosed, wears a hardhat, and carries his lunch pail to work with him. If it means all they can do play in the paint around the basket, that's just fine with me as long as they can make the putbacks and bunnies at 50% or higher. Throw that in with ability to defend and you have my type CENTER.

"Hibbert has many good qualities", but unfortunately hardnose toughness isn't one of them. IMO, his fragile mentality is why he's struggling this season. His struggling has caused his lack of offensive play, thus the reason why posters feel, including myself, he's currently not worth his MAX contract. I can only hope Hibbert turns his offensive game around and quickly. He'll be needed in the playoffs for more than patrolling the paint. He needs to be able to play with the big boys offensively, and take advantage of the not so big boys offensively.

I previously mentioned Pekovic and Gortat. Both their contracts expire the summer of 014. "IF" Hibbert's struggling continues, I'd be interested in them. Yes, I know they will command a max type salary, but they are both mentally and physically tough players. Sorry, I like Dale Davis type big men, always have always will. JMOAA

WE'RE NOT TRADING ROY!!!!!! End of discussion
    Smothered Chicken!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Why do you care where Chandler shoots from to get his 11.5 PPG?
    It's quite simple, Justin. Teams are not going to try to guard Chandler if he is outside of 3 feet from the basket. They will not guard him in the elbow. They will not guard him in the high post. They will not front him because he will rarely even attempt to get post position. They will only guard him when he rolls after a pick. Nothing else.

In any other case other than a Chandler PnR, the Knicks play with 4 guys on offense as Chandler is not a threat to score unless left alone right under the rim. He is not a scoring threat and he is not even a passing threat.

Hibbert forces teams to have at least on defender on him every single time. In fact, he more often than not forces teams to double him (especially by fronting him in the post and trapping him baseline). They cannot leave Hibbert uncovered because he will either score or find an open teammate for an easy score. Chandler cannot do this. Teams do not game plan against Chandler. They did game plan against Hibbert last season.

Chandler is also gettiing 11.2 RPG, and he's not getting them the "Murphy way" either. He's in the paint with his lunch pail and hardhat getting it done.
    He's not getting them the Murhy way, that's true. He is in the paint and grabs them. But then again he is probably the only Knick player that consistently crashes the boards. Melo is the second best rebounder and the Knicks are a mediocre rebounding team in overall. Hence, there are available rebounds for him. If Chandler was a Pacers, I could assure you that he wouldn't average 10 rebounds per game. With Paul George, David West, George Hill and even Lance Stephenson (and DG when he returns) there are simply not a lot of boards to grab on the defensive end.

Maybe we have a difference of opinion of what the job of a center is. I don't know. What I do know is I'm not looking for a Mehet Okur type center, who is constantly straying outside the paint to shoot 3's and long 2's.
    Are you trying to say that Hibbert is a Mehmet Okur type of Center?

I'm not looking for a Mehmet Okur either. If I did, I wouldn't consider Drummond and Valanciunas as good as I do at the moment.

I want a Pekovic or a Gortat type center. Someone who is hardnosed, wears a hardhat, and carries his lunch pail to work with him. If it means all they can do play in the paint around the basket, that's just fine with me as long as they can make the putbacks and bunnies at 50% or higher. Throw that in with ability to defend and you have my type CENTER.
    Pekovic's shot chart:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...shooting/2013/

Gortat's shot chart:

Hibbert's shot chart:

Chandler's shot chart:

Pekovic and Gortat are a lot closer to Hibbert offensively than you think. In fact, only Chandler refuses to shoot outside of 3 feet. Gortat has a nice jumper while Pekovic is more of a back to the basket type but they both attempt several shots from the 3 to 10 ft range. I didn't say that I want my Center to stretch the floor. But it's laughable to refuse to shoot from further than 3 feet!

PS: Pekovic is a below par defender at the moment, though. Gortat is decent but nowhere near Roy.

PS II: You will also notice something else in those shot charts. Hibbert has the lowest assisted rate of everyone else.

"Hibbert has many good qualities", but unfortunately hardnose toughness isn't one of them. IMO, his fragile mentality is why he's struggling this season. His struggling has caused his lack of offensive play, thus the reason why posters feel, including myself, he's currently not worth his MAX contract. I can only hope Hibbert turns his offensive game around and quickly. He'll be needed in the playoffs for more than patrolling the paint. He needs to be able to play with the big boys offensively, and take advantage of the not so big boys offensively.
    Hibbert definitely plays hard on the court. Oh, and he shot 50% in the playoffs in the last season

I previously mentioned Pekovic and Gortat. Both their contracts expire the summer of 014. "IF" Hibbert's struggling continues, I'd be interested in them. Yes, I know they will command a max type salary, but they are both mentally and physically tough players. Sorry, I like Dale Davis type big men, always have always will. JMOAA
    Feel free to ask Suns fans about Gortat's mental and physical toughness.

I wouldn't take either one on Roy's contract. And I like both players.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

I can name 10 better defensive centers in the league and 29 better offensive centers in the league than Roy Hibbert.

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    I can name 10 better defensive centers in the league and 29 better offensive centers in the league than Roy Hibbert.
    Go for it.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post: