Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 253

Thread: Another Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

  1. #101
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,585

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think anyone here cares about Roy Making a lot of money? Nobody gives a **** about that, we're all happy for him getting rich, the problem starts when that money counts against your cap and you are forced to dump Granger or not resign West because of the underperforming overpaid big fellow
    There is no need to dump Granger or not resign West because of Roy's contract at the moment.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  3. #102
    Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    333

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys who get upset over Roy's deal crack me up. If your boss comes into your office on Monday and offers you more than your worth are you going to tell him no? Are you going to say "Can't do that boss I would be literally (LOL) stealing money from you"

    **** no you wouldn't.

    So shut your damn pie holes about Roy's deal, if you think he's overpaid take it up with the front office not with the damn player you dinguses.

    Is Roy overpaid? Maybe I don't know, but he's certainly not as overpaid as some other big men in the NBA right now check out the Lake show on a nightly basis if you need proof. But I do know that if he's "overpaid" or not all Roy did was get himself a good deal and I can't begrudge any human for doing that because every single sucker in this thread would do the exact same thing.

    That's all I have to say about this absurd thread that takes an asinine premise (that Roy is somehow at fault for being paid his fair market value) and runs wild with it. If you want to be upset about how Roy is playing, fine, but you'll look a whole lot more mature about it if you leave his contract out of it. Murphy never bothered me so much how much he was paid, he upset because he was a lazy *** big man. Roy at least is a tremendous defender. Elite even.
    Well said. And with that, this seems like a good place for this:


  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 5_7_Clash For This Useful Post:


  5. #103
    Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    333

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    And this is just my general overall feeling about this thread...


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to 5_7_Clash For This Useful Post:


  7. #104
    Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    333

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    However, THIS could be a good reason to actually trade Hibbert...


  8. #105
    Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    333

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    And... scene.

    Thank you for your time.

  9. #106
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeff was a lifelong backup and that was all that he was. He was paid handsomely for being a backup... ...
    Strongly disagree with this statement. Jeff Foster started more than one season for the Pacers team with Miller, Tinsley, JO, Artest, Jackson that won 60 games. Foster was an ideal pf/c for that team. He was also only 4-5 seasons into his career. Foster in his prime quite possibly is the best pf/center we had. more specifically center. dale davis was great as well but talk about zero offensive game. dale would fiinsh near the rim no doubt.

    the foster thtat played two seasons ago vs the bulls in the postseaoson was lights out. or the foster that pulled down like 21 rebounds in a detroit pistons postseason game.. half of which were offensive rebournds. Foster was is in his own right a BAMF as well. defenswively he pissed players off and was always solid on putbacks and made great passes.

    point is. even the Foster from two seasons ago vs the bulls was probably in many respects better than Smits or Hibbert. Fosters back would not allow him to play the same minutes. otherwise on a team like this one where scoring is not requird from the center, Foster would probably average 15 rebounds a game and 7 pts. would probably lead lg in offensive rebounds. unselfish and smart.

    smits was not durable, and only gave you offesne. he was right for those teams because offense was needed.

    Foster was a helluva lot more than a carreer backup. he did everything but score. and thats not a bad thning to have on certain teams where offense is alreadythere.. JO, Artest, Miller, Jackson, Tinsley... Foster did the dirty work and he did it very damn well.

  10. #107
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    i disagree with dealing Hibbert. I do not think he is as overpaid as some on here believe. the "LITERALLY" stealing money from pacers is an extermist OP.


    for conversations sake. what is that everyone on here believes Hibbert should be paid? if the contract could be reworked and negotiated right now what would you expect to see Hibbert paid

  11. #108
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    The lifelong backup who started 79 out of 82 games for an ECF 61-win team and who started 345 out of 764 career games. Oh, Lord that's hilarious.

    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jeff_f...eer_stats.html



    55% of the time... it's right every time.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  13. #109
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 5_7_Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well said. And with that, this seems like a good place for this:

    If I had both the time and skill... I'd love to edit that gif. Put a sign on the shopping cart, "Trade Market." Replace the kid tossing the cereal box with the kid tossing Roy's head with a concerned look on his face, cut to the Dikembe swat, showing a now smiling/happy Hibbert floating way...

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  15. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The lifelong backup who started 79 out of 82 games for an ECF 61-win team and who started 345 out of 764 career games. Oh, Lord that's hilarious.

    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jeff_f...eer_stats.html



    55% of the time... it's right every time.
    Yeah, that is one year..... How about the others? How about being hurt all of the time? Foster was a run-of-the-mill post player for almost all of his career.... ...

  16. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that is one year..... How about the others? How about being hurt all of the time? Foster was a run-of-the-mill post player for almost all of his career.... ...
    Yeah but he was the heart and soul of the team, plus his aura around the team was the best looking aura I have seen in my life.

  17. #112
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,397

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The lifelong backup who started 79 out of 82 games for an ECF 61-win team and who started 345 out of 764 career games. Oh, Lord that's hilarious.

    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jeff_f...eer_stats.html



    55% of the time... it's right every time.
    That doesn't make sense...

  18. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah but he was the heart and soul of the team, plus his aura around the team was the best looking aura I have seen in my life.
    That is a different story altogether and I agree with you.....

  19. #114
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    This thread is still happening?

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  21. #115
    Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    333

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foster in his prime quite possibly is the best pf/center we had.
    This needs to be done...

    Jeff Foster (Career Avg)-

    G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

    764 345 20.6 1.9 3.9 .497 0.0 0.1 .130 1.0 1.7 .615 2.8 4.1 6.9 0.9 0.7 0.4 0.8 2.5 4.9

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...fosteje01.html

    Mel Daniels (Career Avg)-

    G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

    639 35.2 7.3 15.6 .468 0.0 0.1 .088 3.8 5.8 .657 4.5 10.4 14.9 1.8 0.6 1.5 3.0 3.6 18.4

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...danieme01.html
    Last edited by 5_7_Clash; 02-10-2013 at 01:50 PM.

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 5_7_Clash For This Useful Post:


  23. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 5_7_Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This needs to be done...

    Jeff Foster (Career Avg)-

    G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

    764 345 20.6 1.9 3.9 .497 0.0 0.1 .130 1.0 1.7 .615 2.8 4.1 6.9 0.9 0.7 0.4 0.8 2.5 4.9

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...fosteje01.html

    Mel Daniels (Career Avg)-

    G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

    639 35.2 7.3 15.6 .468 0.0 0.1 .088 3.8 5.8 .657 4.5 10.4 14.9 1.8 0.6 1.5 3.0 3.6 18.4

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...danieme01.html
    Yeah but team chemistry was better with Foster

  24. #117
    It could get ugly Brinocerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    I loved me some Jeff Foster, but lets get real here. Hans is already a better overall player than Jeff. To say otherwise is willful ignorance of the facts.

    G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    Foster 764 345 21 2 3.9 0.5 0 0.1 0.13 1 1.7 0.62 2.8 4.1 6.9 0.9 0.7 0.4 0.8 3 4.9
    Hans 216 30 20 3 7.2 0.43 0 0 0 3 3.8 0.77 1.9 2.8 4.6 0.5 0.6 0.2 0.9 2 9.1

  25. #118
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,040

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Brinocerous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I loved me some Jeff Foster, but lets get real here. Hans is already a better overall player than Jeff. To say otherwise is willful ignorance of the facts.

    G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    Foster 764 345 21 2 3.9 0.5 0 0.1 0.13 1 1.7 0.62 2.8 4.1 6.9 0.9 0.7 0.4 0.8 3 4.9
    Hans 216 30 20 3 7.2 0.43 0 0 0 3 3.8 0.77 1.9 2.8 4.6 0.5 0.6 0.2 0.9 2 9.1
    You cannot be serious. Tyler is somewhat fortunate to be 2nd string. We would get killed with him starting.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  27. #119
    It could get ugly Brinocerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    And we would get killed even worse with Foster starting.

  28. #120
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,706

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Brinocerous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And we would get killed even worse with Foster starting.
    Sorry you lost me, claiming tyler being better than Foster is insane, go over that stat row, and you will see WHY Jeff was at least twice the player hansboroough is. Oh wait, I get it, you only look at the points avg, I seeeeee, lol well that explains ALL. In fact the entire thread is explained in one go, shall I lock it now ?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:


  30. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Cool Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry you lost me, claiming tyler being better than Foster is insane, go over that stat row, and you will see WHY Jeff was at least twice the player hansboroough is. Oh wait, I get it, you only look at the points avg, I seeeeee, lol well that explains ALL. In fact the entire thread is explained in one go, shall I lock it now ?
    That gets my vote, it is absurd...... ... Besides, I am preparing a good gloat for when Ohio State clobbers IU.....

  31. #122
    It could get ugly Brinocerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry you lost me, claiming tyler being better than Foster is insane, go over that stat row, and you will see WHY Jeff was at least twice the player hansboroough is. Oh wait, I get it, you only look at the points avg, I seeeeee, lol well that explains ALL. In fact the entire thread is explained in one go, shall I lock it now ?
    I actually agree with you on the comparison. It's inaccurate to try to gauge a player with a 13 year career vs. one 4 years in the league. For a more accurate comparison, here's Jeff's 4th year averages vs. Tyler's 4th year:

    Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    foster 2002-03 26 IND NBA C 77 2 10 1 2.3 0.36 0 0 0 0 0.8 0.54 1.5 2.1 3.6 0.7 0.4 0.3 0.4 1 2.1
    hans 2012-13 27 IND NBA PF 51 0 16 2 4.6 0.43 0 0 0 3 3.5 0.73 1.6 2.5 4.1 0.4 0.3 0.3 0.8 2 6.4

    So in each players' fourth year as a pro, one player has seen more floor time, got to the stripe more and converted, gotten more rebounds and averaged 3x more points. And the other one is Jeff Foster.

    And I also agree that the sooner this thread is taken out back and shot, the better the internet in general will be.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Brinocerous For This Useful Post:


  33. #123
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Brinocerous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I loved me some Jeff Foster, but lets get real here. Hans is already a better overall player than Jeff. To say otherwise is willful ignorance of the facts.

    G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    Foster 764 345 21 2 3.9 0.5 0 0.1 0.13 1 1.7 0.62 2.8 4.1 6.9 0.9 0.7 0.4 0.8 3 4.9
    Hans 216 30 20 3 7.2 0.43 0 0 0 3 3.8 0.77 1.9 2.8 4.6 0.5 0.6 0.2 0.9 2 9.1
    what am i looking at here that proves Tyler > Foster? The 4ppg more at a lower shooting percentage? You can't be serious. The only thing Tyler does better than Jeff and will only do better than Jeff is score. Foster dominated on the glass, especially offensively, was a superior defender and a better passer.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  35. #124
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 5_7_Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This needs to be done...

    Jeff Foster (Career Avg)-

    G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

    764 345 20.6 1.9 3.9 .497 0.0 0.1 .130 1.0 1.7 .615 2.8 4.1 6.9 0.9 0.7 0.4 0.8 2.5 4.9

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...fosteje01.html

    Mel Daniels (Career Avg)-

    G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

    639 35.2 7.3 15.6 .468 0.0 0.1 .088 3.8 5.8 .657 4.5 10.4 14.9 1.8 0.6 1.5 3.0 3.6 18.4

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...danieme01.html
    I ablsolutely do not disagree. I meant in my time as Pacers fan which is back Vern Fleming, Greg Drieling, Person so forth. Cannot disagree with you when his # hangs from the rafters.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  37. #125
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Trade Roy Hibbert Thread

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinocerous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I loved me some Jeff Foster, but lets get real here. Hans is already a better overall player than Jeff. To say otherwise is willful ignorance of the facts.
    HA. im a big Hans supporter and he is no where near the player Fiesty Foster was in his prime. Foster was 6'10 easy and could gaurd most teams Centers. Even did a decent job against Shaq.

    Foster better passer, rebounder, defender, leader, and played just as hard. Foster was a better version of Dennis Rodman. Foster dominated games with his offensive rebounding.

    The only reason he no longer started for this team was due to back problems. If i had a healthy Foster in his prime or HIbbs right now i would take Foster. if Hibbert hits his prime with some offensive game then i would reconsider. I would take Foster over Smits as well for the long haul, other than a 3 year career run under Bird Smits had durability issues.

    Hans better than Foster right now. C'mon Man.

Similar Threads

  1. Peter Vescey tweet mentioning a KG for Hibbert trade
    By Derek2k3 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 07:45 PM
  2. Rockets trade for Hibbert idea
    By pacer4ever in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 02:19 PM
  3. Let's Trade Hibbert!
    By troyc11a in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 11:54 PM
  4. Official Roy Hibbert Twitter thread.
    By Kemo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 09:50 AM
  5. Hans and Hibbert positive thread
    By jhondog28 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •