Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 170

Thread: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

  1. #126
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, I paid good money to sit 5th row. I understand being upset. But the shot was good.
    I agree, they missed the call and the shot was called good ;-)

    But seriously, it was very close, it sucks we got the short end of the stick, and we just didn't make the plays we needed to.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  2. #127

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    I think it is safe to say Toronto won the Rudy Gay/Ed Davis trade. Rudy had like what, 6 pts, at the start of the 4th and just carried the Raps the rest of the way. Really nice game.

    Also, thought DeRozen was a tough match up for Lance. Not sure why, but Lance just couldn't stay with him. Didn't look like he was doing anything wrong, just unable to stay with him.

    Probably not the first time it's happened, but two of the officials were ex-players. and one was an

  3. #128
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,735

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Seriously, did they show the zoom in where they kept going back and forth, where light was off then on then off then on? Like they did this several times and the ball was not out of his right hand with the light off or on. Im not making this up guys. I see what they provided to see. It is what it is, the incorrect call was made.

    Again, I wasn't and still not upset with the call they made as I thought it was fair to go to overtime. But, fair isn't in the refs rule book. I'm old school and look at it in aspect of in game call, not replay, zoom in x10 to see the non-human call.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  5. #129
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously, did they show the zoom in where they kept going back and forth, where light was off then on then off then on? Like they did this several times and the ball was not out of his right hand with the light off or on. Im not making this up guys. I see what they provided to see. It is what it is, the incorrect call was made.
    This is the one I've been talking about. They did the back and forth thing from a couple angles. Clearly not off his hand. VERY CLOSE, but not off his hand.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  7. #130
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it is safe to say Toronto won the Rudy Gay/Ed Davis trade. Rudy had like what, 6 pts, at the start of the 4th and just carried the Raps the rest of the way. Really nice game.

    Also, thought DeRozen was a tough match up for Lance. Not sure why, but Lance just couldn't stay with him. Didn't look like he was doing anything wrong, just unable to stay with him.

    Probably not the first time it's happened, but two of the officials were ex-players. and one was an
    At times it seemed like DeRozen was invisible to Lance, like he had no clue where he was (he would even go match up with a guy that already had PG or Hill on them even), and it left DeRozen wide open for a couple of easy baskets in the 1st (and a couple more sprinkled throughout the game).
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  9. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    A tough loss, but I don't get too upset but single losses, and especially not this loss given the circumstances.

    On the plus side, Paul George is giving LeBron a run for his money for the title of best rebounding small forward in the league. George was at 7.6 rpg coming into tonight's game, in which he pulled down a beastly 15 boards. LeBron's currently at 8.2 this season, and 7.2 for his career.

  10. #132
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,336

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'mma tell you what, you now Rudy was taking that final shot, you knew, everyone on the floor knew and every in the fieldhouse knew. Why then did we not double him!?? Thats all I ask Coach Vogel, why not double the guy, force somebody else to beat us.
    My first thought is that we were in the same exact situation when the Pacers played the Grizzlies where Gay was going to take the last game winning shot. PG guarded him by himself and won that matchup....this game...he didn't. I'm okay with the call to not double-team him. I think it was Denari or Buckner that said that Vogel ( and honestly...many of us ) has enough confidence in PGs defense that he didn't decide to double-team Gay.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  11. #133
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,336

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At times it seemed like DeRozen was invisible to Lance, like he had no clue where he was (he would even go match up with a guy that already had PG or Hill on them even), and it left DeRozen wide open for a couple of easy baskets in the 1st (and a couple more sprinkled throughout the game).
    I just think that Lance has difficulty getting around screens and keeping up with Players that are off-the-ball. I notice this over the last couple of games where he's the Player that ends up leaving Player open for open shots.

    I suspect ( and hope ) that he's going to get better at getting around screens and keeping up with Players as he gains more experience.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  12. #134
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,336

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A tough loss, but I don't get too upset but single losses, and especially not this loss given the circumstances.

    On the plus side, Paul George is giving LeBron a run for his money for the title of best rebounding small forward in the league. George was at 7.6 rpg coming into tonight's game, in which he pulled down a beastly 15 boards. LeBron's currently at 8.2 this season, and 7.2 for his career.
    How does PG rank among SGs?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. #135
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Are we really arguing that he didn't get the shot off? It was close, but the ball was out of his hand.

  14. #136
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we really arguing that he didn't get the shot off? It was close, but the ball was out of his hand.
    The discussion is over. I disagree with the call, a lot of posters I greatly respect think it was in time. Such is life. I can only go off of what I saw with my own eyes, on a high definition tv, from 12 inches away, from multiple angles.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  15. #137

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Didn't watch the game, just from hearing about the meltdown we had I think I'm glad I didn't.

    Some Raptors fans are pissed about Hansbrough throwing Jonas V down, and to be honest I can't blame them. That stuff has no right being on a basketball court.
    Last edited by Pace Maker; 02-09-2013 at 12:30 AM.

  16. #138
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Posts
    2,577

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't watch the game, just from hearing about the meltdown we had I think I'm glad I didn't.

    Some Raptors fans are pissed about Hansbrough throwing Jonas V down, and to be honest I can't blame them. That stuff has no right being on a basketball court.
    I don't remember that happening.

  17. #139
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is vnzla seriously posting in this thread?

    Wasn't this "game over" for him?
    Now whos trolling...

  18. #140
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well. I just don't know what else to say at this point. I looked at it, watched it over and over like everyone else, and I simply disagree. But apparently I am wrong, since only a couple other people seem to agree.

    Doesn't change the fact that I still feel I'm right.

    Also, it's not like I was watching on an old low definition tv. I was standing inches away from a 1080p plasma. I saw what I saw. But it's done now. I vented.
    To echo what he said, I was also at the game, and one of the replays on the Jumbotron showed that he just barely got it away. I have to think that if he didn't get it away there would be no angle to show that he did. It's by like a 10th of a second, though.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  20. #141
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, they missed the call and the shot was called good ;-)

    But seriously, it was very close, it sucks we got the short end of the stick, and we just didn't make the plays we needed to.
    We didn't get the damn short end of the stick. You and the other guy who was complaining about calls we didn't get are the only ones saying it wasn't good. Think whatever you want, but that should tell you something.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  22. #142
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,336

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Granger stands a chance of returning before the break, this would have been the game to bring him back. He'd have the entire weekend to recover and see if he was ready for Monday. I'm starting to wonder if he'll be back before the break.
    I'm hoping that Granger can return on Monday against the Nets....just to return against a high-profile opponent.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. #143
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We didn't get the damn short end of the stick. You and the other guy who was complaining about calls we didn't get are the only ones saying it wasn't good. Think whatever you want, but that should tell you something.
    Why are you taking it so personally that myself and Pacer Fan SAW something that we felt was incorrect and defend our position? That is what I don't understand.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  24. #144
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are you taking it so personally that myself and Pacer Fan SAW something that we felt was incorrect and defend our position? That is what I don't understand.
    I would take your opinion more seriously if you gave me video evidence.

  25. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    It was expected that this team was going to lose some day, no big deal, yes West screwed up (twice) and Hill was not able to hit the free throws, s*** happens, now if they keep screwing up at the end of games like that and turning the ball over in the next games then we have to worry.

    Not saying that it doesn't hurt but at least is not a playoffs game or something like that

  26. #146
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would take your opinion more seriously if you gave me video evidence.
    Well I will do my best to get screen shots of my view then.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  27. #147
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,872
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently the raptors broadcasters didn't take to well to hansbrough/Valanciunas spill
    The Raptors broadcasters didn't take well to anything. They *****ed and moaned on EVERY play. Very unpleasant to watch. Usually the bad teams' announcers can have some fun with the game, but these guys sounded like they had just been grounded by their moms. Easily the worst Pacers experience I've had this year.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  29. #148
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,904

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    The Raptors announcers are hilariously bad. They think any contact, regardless of going straight up, or who initiates it, etc, is a defensive foul. And they couldn't understand why Bargnani got called for an offensive foul when he shoved his defender in the chest.

  30. #149
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would take your opinion more seriously if you gave me video evidence.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...nalysis-Inside
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  31. #150
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you can't call that a choke, you are an even bigger homer than I thought.
    Really! You think David West got so nervous he just choked the ball up?

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David Wests inbounds pass is the definition of choke.
    choke (ch˝k) v. choked, chok·ing, chokes. --tr. 4. Sports. To fail to perform effectively because of nervous agitation or tension:

    David West is to much of a veteran to choke in a regular season game like that. Hoop is right!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mental tiredness beat us. Good effort though.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Raptors postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 211
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 10:57 AM
  2. Pacers/Raptors postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 02:27 PM
  3. Pacers/Raptors postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 01:13 PM
  4. Pacers/Raptors postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 12:15 PM
  5. Pacers raptors postgame
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 04:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •