Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

Beat Brooklyn and this game is but a distant memory.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Question, the game-tying shot that Johnson made, if the refs called good at the end of regulation, but found the time has actually expired after looking at the replay, can they change their decision? and is that the case for every situation?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chokes are apparently running rampant in Indiana right now. Can't lose at home to a 17-32 team.
    lost 4 home games...2 of them to that 17-32 team

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Believe me, I blame US for this loss. We made some really boneheaded plays.

All I am saying is that the game should have ended in regulation. They showed 3 angles on the FSIndiana feed.

One angle (from the opposite baseline) was very difficult to tell... So from THAT angle, yes it was "good"

The other two angles clearly showed the red lights on the backboard illuminated and the ball was still in contact with Johnson's palm (I say palm instead of fingers because he sort of "shot put" it to try to get it away quickly)

I know we screwed the pooch tonight in the overtime. It's on US. But the fact that it WENT into overtime isn't.

If that means I am trolling now every close game, fine. I don't care. The correct call was to disallow that shot.

And I will just point out, for the record, that the last time I complained about the officiating to end a close game we should have won and got called out for it... The NBA released a statement 2 days later saying they missed calls.
    You were absolutely right in the Denver game. I was with you as well.

I was watching the Toronto feed and they only showed one angle. It looked good in that angle.

But even if it was a bad call, the Raptors made a basketball play and were rewarded for it. I have no problem with that. That's why I was so angry after the Denver game. Because the Nuggets didn't make a damn basketball play. That's what infuriated me.

I'm not saying that you're trolling. I'm just saying that the real trolls want to make you look like that. They want you to be a homer in order for them to have a reason to spew their BS. But you're not blind, my mate. You respect the opposing teams and give credit where credit is due. They cannot take that someone can be positive but still objective.

That's what I mean, TMJ. I said it earlier. You're too good of a poster for that
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Beat Brooklyn and this game is but a distant memory.
    Exactly

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersRule View Post
    Question, the game-tying shot that Johnson made, if the refs called good at the end of regulation, but found the time has actually expired after looking at the replay, can they change their decision? and is that the case for every situation?

Do you mean DURING the play of the game?

Yes they reviewed the shot, and could (and in my opinion SHOULD) have called it "NO GOOD" and the game would have been over, the Pacers win by 2.

But they didn't.

But I am not sure if you are asking if they can review the footage AFTER the game has concluded? Almost certainly no. The most they could do is the same thing they did in the Denver game, where they send out a release saying they "missed a call" or whatever, but it does not take away the loss.

Hence my frustration.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I was at the game and it looked like he got the shot off. I have the game dvr'd so I'll check when I get home.
    I have it dvr and the wife and I determined game over, but I said to her if I was a Raptor fan, I wouldn't want it not to count and settle it in overtime. So, going into overtime, I was ok with. However, I wasn't ok with all the non calls of pushing, holding, grabbing that was going on. It was inexcusable in the name of basketball.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    So, Refs allowing all the pushes and holds on Hibbert to clear him from rebounds, over and over again.
    No foul called on Lowery for punching Hills arm on the drive to the basket.
    No foul called on Raps for pushing West multiple times.
    No foul called on West win 3 different Raps fouled him in one play.
    And making the wrong end game call.

We're suppose to accept that and what, blame our guys instead for not being perfect. Blame them for bad plays. Makes no sense to me not to blame refs as well.
    If you go over to a Raptors boards they are complaining for a lot of calls as well.

They are complaining for Tyler pushing Valanciunas on the floor and possibly spraining his arm again (Vogel pulled him out immediatedly after that).

They are complaining for several no-calls on their drives.

They are complaining for the George Hill call on that drive.

They are complaining for a David West travel when he was tied up with a Raptor guard (I'm not sure who).

When both sides complain then the refs were probably bad but they didn't actually favor one team or the other.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Is vnzla seriously posting in this thread?

Wasn't this "game over" for him?

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    If you go over to a Raptors boards they are complaining for a lot of calls as well.

They are complaining for Tyler pushing Valanciunas on the floor and possibly spraining his arm again (Vogel pulled him out immediatedly after that).

They are complaining for several no-calls on their drives.

They are complaining for the George Hill call on that drive.

They are complaining for a David West travel when he was tied up with a Raptor guard (I'm not sure who).

When both sides complain then the refs were probably bad but they didn't actually favor one team or the other.
    Watch the game again.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

I have it dvr and the wife and I determined game over, but I said to her if I was a Raptor fan, I wouldn't want it not to count and settle it in overtime. So, going into overtime, I was ok with. However, I wasn't ok with all the non calls of pushing, holding, grabbing that was going on. It was inexcusable in the name of basketball.

That's all I am saying.

If I was a Raptors fan, of course I would want the benefit of the doubt there too. But I came to the same conclusion that you and your wife did, that the game was OVER at the end of regulation. Now, as a Pacers fan, I don't want the team having to play overtime because... Well you saw why. It was a game that (if that call had been made differently) we won, albeit despite some poor second half play. Instead, we have to run the risk of 5 minutes in which a player can get hurt, or you can lose a game that should have been a victory.

Luckily no one got hurt, but we lost a game that should have been won. And I don't mean "should have" in the sense of "we should have played better and not made mistakes and won easily" I mean it in the sense of "We should have won by 2 in regulation because the ball was on his palm"

Oh well, it's over now... Frustrating to have this happen to us on numerous occasions this year.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Apparently the raptors broadcasters didn't take to well to hansbrough/Valanciunas spill
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

I'mma tell you what, you now Rudy was taking that final shot, you knew, everyone on the floor knew and every in the fieldhouse knew. Why then did we not double him!?? Thats all I ask Coach Vogel, why not double the guy, force somebody else to beat us.

The mental errors are hard to accept, but I get it. When your body gets gassed, your brain starts doing things differently. Hence West's 2 costly turnovers. I just wish Vogel would step in and call the timeout from the sideline, he should have been on top of that. West was already a bit careless with the ball up to that point.

The refs were pretty bad in the last sequences. Rudy gets a foul call for dribbling off his teammate's *** and losing the ball. Hill gets his elbow slapped from behind thus losing his handle. DJ Augustine gets called for essentially a hip check on Valincus (sp) when the reality is that MFer jumped over his back and landed on him. Thus forcing that motion by DJ's hips.
    This kind of officiating makes it pretty hard to win close games.

Paul had a good look at the end, just rimmed out. Feel good about that atleast, because in past games he completely lost the ball in that situation and we didn't even get a shot off.

They better show up with a bit more focus on Monday, or Brooklyn will run us out the building.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This game makes me particularly angry at Roy Hibbert. They got to the basket way to easy. And Roy never should have been given the max if he can't play more than 32 minutes in an overtime game.
    He had 5 blocks and deterred many other shots... They got close to the basket because the wing players (namely Lance who couldn't find DeRozen at times) got past them or left wide open and Roy had to run out to them.

The Raptors took many jump shots when Roy was in the game b/c he was clogging up drives, and when rebounds bounce out to FT area range your Center isn't going to get many of those.... hmm gee wonder why PG had 14 rebounds then.

Lance is the one that frustrated me, he would run down on D and match up with someone else's guy and DeRozen was left open many times (especially in the 1st)...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Well, they froze the video with the red lights on the backboard illuminated and the ball still coming off Johnson's palm...

sooooo...
    Actually the ball was clearly on his right finger tips with the red lights on. Game should've been over!

They showed the replay at the game on the jumbo tron. you could clearly see the ball had left his hand. It was a good call.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Four games in five nights. We finally lost a home game. It happens.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    They showed the replay at the game on the jumbo tron. you could clearly see the ball had left his hand. It was a good call.
    And I have a very nice tv that clearly showed it wasn't out of his hand. I will be happy to show you if you'd like to come over. It was a bad call. Period.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Well. I just don't know what else to say at this point. I looked at it, watched it over and over like everyone else, and I simply disagree. But apparently I am wrong, since only a couple other people seem to agree.

Doesn't change the fact that I still feel I'm right.

Also, it's not like I was watching on an old low definition tv. I was standing inches away from a 1080p plasma. I saw what I saw. But it's done now. I vented.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    It was fatigue. The guy has not gotten a break all week. 44 minutes in Monday, 39 in Tuesday, 40 in Wednesday, dodgeball in Thursday and 47 in Friday.

That's just too much.

However, it's true that Gay was able to take it on him in the 4th and OT.
    I blame the dodgeball for this loss then.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

billbradley

Well. I just don't know what else to say at this point. I looked at it, watched it over and over like everyone else, and I simply disagree. But apparently I am wrong, since only a couple other people seem to agree.

Doesn't change the fact that I still feel I'm right.
    It was without question good.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    It was without question good.
    I respectfully dispute the 'without question', but again, at this point I'm just letting it go because I am furious about it.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I blame the dodgeball for this loss then.
    I think that PG, Hill and Hibbert would prefer to have that rest then when the game was in OT

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

If Granger stands a chance of returning before the break, this would have been the game to bring him back. He'd have the entire weekend to recover and see if he was ready for Monday. I'm starting to wonder if he'll be back before the break.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    If Granger stands a chance of returning before the break, this would have been the game to bring him back. He'd have the entire weekend to recover and see if he was ready for Monday. I'm starting to wonder if he'll be back before the break.
    I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully he is close.

billbradley

I respectfully dispute the 'without question', but again, at this point I'm just letting it go because I am furious about it.
    Hey, I paid good money to sit 5th row. I understand being upset. But the shot was good.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post: