Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no problems with PG's defense. Rudy Gay made some tough shots at the end (except for that dunk that Lance and Hill gave him). He was 9-25 in total.
    He was getting into the lane a bit more than I'd like. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but I certainly feel that George's defense was off a bit, by his standards. Maybe it was fatigue.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    That's just a cop out man. We make one more FT, or not turn the ball over, then we win. We didnt make the easy plays to win. WE CHOKED. It's okay it happens, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be pissed about it. No way in hell should we lose to such a bad team, when we are up 4 with 13 secs left.

Also, why isn't anyone talking bout PG? Rudy Gay went off there a bit at the end.
    Why in the world would we talk about the player who played the best defense all game? Rudy Gay just made big difficult shots, that's what he does. Overall Rudy Gay was very inefficient and that's because of Paul George. So let's not talk about PG. lol.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    It was the bench who started the fourth and allowed the raps to get back into a game.
    I recall that there was a good stretch of that where the Starters were playing and not scoring.

But I should have made my post more clear....I meant to say that I think that Vogel should have played the bench more minutes throughout the entire course of the game so that the Starters aren't forced to play so many minutes.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    There were lots of foolish and out of character plays down the stretch in regulation and in OT.

But honestly, the OT should have been a moot point.

Watching the Pacers broadcast, the ball was clearly still touching Amir Johnson with the backboard lit up.

That's now the 2nd WIN stolen from us, and the 3rd time a call has either LOST the game for us, or denied us a chance at a tie/win.

I just can't stand this crap anymore. We won the game, despite all the dumb plays. Period.
    No, TMJ. Please. Don't become on of those guys that blame the refs at every close loss. That's what the trolls (vnzla and his gang want). You are much more better than that.

Please
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Also, why isn't anyone talking bout PG? Rudy Gay went off there a bit at the end.
    What do you want PG to do? On that last play he played textbook defense. Swiped at the ball when Gay brought it down, tried to pick off his dribble, stayed in front and contested with his hands. Rudy just made some really great shots at the end.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This might be just me, and people might not want to discuss this right now, but I really think DJ Augustin should take more shots
    This is what I think too and I do think we're the minority. DJ has been shooting really well lately. I was kind of hoping DJ could be our Korver. Sort of.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

?? The ball was out of his hands. WE lost the game, not the refs
    Actually the ball was clearly on his right finger tips with the red lights on. Game should've been over!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo

He was getting into the lane a bit more than I'd like. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but I certainly feel that George's defense was off a bit, by his standards. Maybe it was fatigue.
    It was fatigue. The guy has not gotten a break all week. 44 minutes in Monday, 39 in Tuesday, 40 in Wednesday, dodgeball in Thursday and 47 in Friday.

That's just too much.

However, it's true that Gay was able to take it on him in the 4th and OT.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

blame Dwest and Ghill if u want, but both of them along with Paul George are the reason where we are now. Lance has helped too, but Hibbert and our bench playing like **** and we are still 31-20 without Danny..... just one loss.... 4th game in 5 nights.... tough opponent.... just wasnt meant to be

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This might be just me, and people might not want to discuss this right now, but I really think DJ Augustin should take more shots
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersRule View Post
    This is what I think too and I do think we're the minority. DJ has been shooting really well lately. I was kind of hoping DJ could be our Korver. Sort of.
    I'm okay with him taking more of the open threes and even mid-range shots our ball movement provides, especially if that means he won't drive hopelessly to the hoop.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    No, TMJ. Please. Don't become on of those guys that blame the refs at every close loss. That's what the trolls (vnzla and his gang want). You are much more better than that.

Please
    Believe me, I blame US for this loss. We made some really boneheaded plays.

All I am saying is that the game should have ended in regulation. They showed 3 angles on the FSIndiana feed.

One angle (from the opposite baseline) was very difficult to tell... So from THAT angle, yes it was "good"

The other two angles clearly showed the red lights on the backboard illuminated and the ball was still in contact with Johnson's palm (I say palm instead of fingers because he sort of "shot put" it to try to get it away quickly)

I know we screwed the pooch tonight in the overtime. It's on US. But the fact that it WENT into overtime isn't.

If that means I am trolling now every close game, fine. I don't care. The correct call was to disallow that shot.

And I will just point out, for the record, that the last time I complained about the officiating to end a close game we should have won and got called out for it... The NBA released a statement 2 days later saying they missed calls.
    Last edited by TMJ31; 02-08-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Actually the ball was clearly on his right finger tips with the red lights on. Game should've been over!
    I was at the game and it looked like he got the shot off. I have the game dvr'd so I'll check when I get home.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 02-08-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Banned

George was playing great D and Rudy made some difficult shots, he is also long and can easily score over anybody.

It was fatigue. The guy has not gotten a break all week. 44 minutes in Monday, 39 in Tuesday, 40 in Wednesday, dodgeball in Thursday and 47 in Friday.

That's just too much.

However, it's true that Gay was able to take it on him in the 4th and OT.
    Yeah I agree it was probably fatigue. By the 4th Rudy was getting to his spots and elevating over PG, which isn't common.

We defensively could have used Danny during this game, no doubt

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Banned

Believe me, I blame US for this loss. We made some really boneheaded plays.

All I am saying is that the game should have ended in regulation. They showed 3 angles on the FSIndiana feed.

One angle (from the opposite baseline) was very difficult to tell... So from THAT angle, yes it was "good"

The other two angles clearly showed the red lights on the backboard illuminated and the ball was still in contact with Johnson's palm (I say palm instead of fingers because he sort of "shot put" it to try to get it away quickly)

I know we screwed the pooch tonight in the overtime. It's on US. But the fact that it WENT into overtime isn't.

If that means I am trolling now every close game, fine. I don't care. The correct call was to disallow that shot.
    Yes you are trolling the referees made the right call.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I was at the game and it looked like be got the shot off. I have the game dvr'd so I'll check when I get home.
    I agree with this. They showed multiple angles and to me all of them showed the shot was before the buzzer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yes you are trolling the referees made the right call.
    They made the wrong call on the floor, and they decided to use the ONE inconclusive replay angle to justify their call, despite the TWO angles showing the red lights on and the ball on Johnson's palm.

But yes, please, go ahead and antagonize.

George was playing great D and Rudy made some difficult shots, he is also long and can easily score over anybody.
    First 3 qrts yes, 4th and OT...Rudy was getting to his spots. No biggie guess it happens.

Much like you would've made the same comment had it happened to Danny (and got jumped all over lol) I made the comment about Paul.

All in all, I'm willing to say it was fatigue. Plus Rudy getting hot on Paul wasnt the reason we lost anyways, just a part of it.

Banned

They made the wrong call on the floor, and they decided to use the ONE inconclusive replay angle to justify their call, despite the TWO angles showing the red lights on and the ball on Johnson's palm.

But yes, please, go ahead and antagonize.
    Not sure if serious...

I think the Pacers will benefit greatly if DJ played better. He's capable of playing at a much higher level, as he's shown in Charlotte. It's pretty frustrating for me seeing DJ taking 2, 3 shots a game with 1 or 2 assists. Hopefully with Granger back DJ can hit him for some open 3's. If Lance can tone down the bonehead plays, and DJ doesn't improve, I'd be interested to try letting Lance initiate offense for the 2nd unit and let DJ play the role Brandon Rush had, just camp at the corner and wait for 3's.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Please
    So, Refs allowing all the pushes and holds on Hibbert to clear him from rebounds, over and over again.
    No foul called on Lowery for punching Hills arm on the drive to the basket.
    No foul called on Raps for pushing West multiple times.
    No foul called on West win 3 different Raps fouled him in one play.
    And making the wrong end game call.

We're suppose to accept that and what, blame our guys instead for not being perfect. Blame them for bad plays. Makes no sense to me not to blame refs as well.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 02-08-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Not sure if serious...
    I am absolutely serious.

From the opposite baseline angle (the furthest away) - it was incredibly difficult to tell from that angle.

So since the call on the floor was "good" - you have to stay with that based on that angle.

But when they then proceeded to show two other angles in which you clearly see the backboard red lights illuminated and the ball still touching Johnson's palm and he is trying to quickly release it... You overturn the call!

Sorry man, I call them like I see them.

I apologize if I am not just complaining about the things we didn't do right instead.

Banned

First 3 qrts yes, 4th and OT...Rudy was getting to his spots. No biggie guess it happens.

Much like you would've made the same comment had it happened to Danny (and got jumped all over lol) I made the comment about Paul.

All in all, I'm willing to say it was fatigue. Plus Rudy getting hot on Paul wasnt the reason we lost anyways, just a part of it.
    I have seen Rudy make that same shot a thousand times over anybody that is his shot, he had a game winner not long ago by shooting that same shot over KD, there is nothing you can do there.

Despite this heartbreaker, I thought the Raptors played really good defense at the start of the fourth quarter. I was also impressed with Valacunas's (spelling?) play. So active. But then I wonder if that's because of Hibbert's inability to move his feet. I think with Gay, the raptors are much improved.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersRule For This Useful Post:

I have seen Rudy make that same shot a thousand times over anybody that is his shot, he had a game winner not long ago by shooting that same shot over KD, there is nothing you can do there.
    Touche. Though normally the thing Paul does a great job with is not letting a guy get to his "spot" and then not allowing the guy to elevate. Yes Rudy made tough shorsc but he also had at least 3 layups there late as well.

Being at the game it was easy to see the tired legs on Paul-Star.

I'm nitpicking lol. It's easier than to focus on misses FT's and stupid turnovers...ya know the things that lost us the game lol