Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 170

Thread: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

  1. #51
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Despite the 5 blocks, Hibbert with just 3 boards. Are you serious? As the Raps just cleaned the offensive glass.
    I don't care about the missed free throws and bad passes... this is Roy Hibbert's fault.

    47min 14rebs Paul George
    36min 14rebs Amir Johnson
    26min 13rebs Jonas Valanciunas
    41min 8rebs David West
    12min 5rebs Tyler Hansbrough
    44min 5rebs Rudy Gay
    14min 5rebs Aaaron Gray
    14min 4rebs Orlando Johnson
    38min 3rebs George Hill
    41min 3rebs DeMarr DeRozan
    38min 3rebs Roy Hibbert

    7'2... max contract... how is is possible to be out rebounded by 8 guys? That should never happen. I didn't even see him tip many out to other tonight either. He was constantly boxed out and never in position for rebounds. That's why two Raptors, one being a rookie combined for 27 rebounds.

    Just being 7'2 and near the rim should net you more than 3 rebounds, especially playing 38 minutes. And you don't even have to be good... but max contract? I'm sorry but that's sickening.

    Wouldn't be in overtime if he earned his contract and grabbed more than 3 rebounds. He proceeded to do nothing in overtime other than block one shot. That was it... for max money, you should actually contribute during crunch time and be a closer.


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,991

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    This thread is bugging me, I better check out

  4. #53

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    West is being interviewed right now
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  5. #54
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,501

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes but that was a tired play maybe, but not a choke not what I consider a choke
    Then what the heck do you consider a choke lol

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  7. #55
    Member PacersRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BTown
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Lance stephenson has improved so much, but for every good play he makes, he makes a couple dumb ones. Can't wait for Granger's return.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersRule For This Useful Post:


  9. #56

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread is bugging me, I better check out
    Same. Physical fatigue causes people to make mental mistakes they usually don't because the body is lacking in rest. people should be applauding this team for even keeping this game close. most teams would of been blown out in a 4 game stretch like this.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:


  11. #57

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    West is being interviewed right now
    and he looks really pissed.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  12. #58
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,194

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Tire, worn down, blah, blah, blah. I say wtf that? Yeah the make up game placement sucked. Sure they were tired, but we're going to let that be an excuse for blowing a 4 point lead in 10 seconds? That screams choke. The pressure situation had nothing to do with the mental error of throwing a horrible in - bounds pass, missing crucial FTs late, commiting two other unforced TOs on offense?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  14. #59
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,286

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    There were lots of foolish and out of character plays down the stretch in regulation and in OT.

    But honestly, the OT should have been a moot point.

    Watching the Pacers broadcast, the ball was clearly still touching Amir Johnson with the backboard lit up.

    That's now the 2nd WIN stolen from us, and the 3rd time a call has either LOST the game for us, or denied us a chance at a tie/win.

    I just can't stand this crap anymore. We won the game, despite all the dumb plays. Period.
    Pacers.com Guest Blog Post -- Invading The Target Center Post
    Area 55 Conquers Staples Center -- (Honorary) Area 55 Family Invades Target Center!

  15. #60
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,951

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    David West ain't happy.

  16. #61

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    You know, I was hoping the Lakers, Houston, Washington, and the Pacers would get a win tonight.

    And it's the Pacers that let me down. Really...

    PG needs to be more involved in the offense. And as the point guard (Hill) and the vet (West) they need to make sure PG is involved more, even if PG isn't demanding it. That's what vets and point guards do.

  17. #62
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,672

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah the missed FT, careless pass by West, turnover by Hill with the game tied...sounds choke-ish to me
    Given the # of games and minutes that they have played over the last 5 days, it sounds like mental and physical fatigue to me.

    But realistically, the Pacers lost the game at the beginning of the 4th QTR......7+ minutes while going scoreless?

    This was one of those cases where I think that Vogel should have relied more on the bench to give the Starters some semblance of rest.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  19. #63
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,931

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    David West's turnover was bad, but my let's look at the bigger picture. The man scored 30 points on 11/20 shooting, secured what should have been the game-winning rebound, and hit two clutch free throws. George Hill missed the free throw, and then he and Lance allowed Rudy Gay a free lane to dunk the ball. Everybody was bad.

  20. #64
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,530

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same. Physical fatigue causes people to make mental mistakes they usually don't because the body is lacking in rest. people should be applauding this team for even keeping this game close. most teams would of been blown out in a 4 game stretch like this.
    That's just a cop out man. We make one more FT, or not turn the ball over, then we win. We didnt make the easy plays to win. WE CHOKED. It's okay it happens, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be pissed about it. No way in hell should we lose to such a bad team, when we are up 4 with 13 secs left.

    Also, why isn't anyone talking bout PG? Rudy Gay went off there a bit at the end.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  22. #65
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    895

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes but that was a tired play maybe, but not a choke not what I consider a choke
    Failing to execute simple plays is what I consider a choke. That's what happened. David gets the ball in, we win.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:


  24. #66
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,947

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given the # of games and minutes that they have played over the last 5 days, it sounds like mental and physical fatigue to me.

    But realistically, the Pacers lost the game at the beginning of the 4th QTR......7+ minutes while going scoreless?

    This was one of those cases where I think that Vogel should have relied more on the bench to give the Starters some semblance of rest.
    It was the bench who started the fourth and allowed the raps to get back into a game.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:


  26. #67
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,399

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But realistically, the Pacers lost the game at the beginning of the 4th QTR......7+ minutes while going scoreless?
    2 points to be precise but I certainly get your point.

  27. #68
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    I'm going to look at this as a growing pain, learning experience.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  28. #69
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,530

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There were lots of foolish and out of character plays down the stretch in regulation and in OT.

    But honestly, the OT should have been a moot point.

    Watching the Pacers broadcast, the ball was clearly still touching Amir Johnson with the backboard lit up.

    That's now the 2nd WIN stolen from us, and the 3rd time a call has either LOST the game for us, or denied us a chance at a tie/win.

    I just can't stand this crap anymore. We won the game, despite all the dumb plays. Period.
    ?? The ball was out of his hands. WE lost the game, not the refs

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  30. #70
    Member 2minutes twoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Late free throws and turnovers. Not much else needs to be said. Always sucks to give one away like that.

  31. #71
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,931

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, why isn't anyone talking bout PG? Rudy Gay went off there a bit at the end.
    I have no problems with PG's defense. Rudy Gay made some tough shots at the end (except for that dunk that Lance and Hill gave him). He was 9-25 in total.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:


  33. #72
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,767

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    This might be just me, and people might not want to discuss this right now, but I really think DJ Augustin should take more shots
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  35. #73
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,286

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ?? The ball was out of his hands. WE lost the game, not the refs
    Well, they froze the video with the red lights on the backboard illuminated and the ball still coming off Johnson's palm...

    sooooo...
    Pacers.com Guest Blog Post -- Invading The Target Center Post
    Area 55 Conquers Staples Center -- (Honorary) Area 55 Family Invades Target Center!

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  37. #74
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,399

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    Really tough loss to take. Damn it!

  38. #75
    Member PacersRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BTown
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 1/8/13

    An observation and a question. First, during the first ~5 minutes of the fourth quarter, it seemed like every Pacers offensive play came down to the last second. Why does our point guard spend so much time dribbling at the top of the key, and either chuck up a shot or shove it to West with only 4 or 5 seconds to go? Why not initiate the offense quicker? Is it fatigue or something? Hill does this a lot, but today it was Stephenson hogging the ball too long and wasting time on the clock.

    As for my question, why did we go away from Paul George late in the game? IIRC PG didn't even have a shot during our drought at the start of the fourth and the overtime. For those of you who paid more attention than me, was it because Gay denied PG the ball, or was it because our guards just didn't pass it to him?

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersRule For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Raptors postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 211
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 11:57 AM
  2. Pacers/Raptors postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 02:27 PM
  3. Pacers/Raptors postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 02:13 PM
  4. Pacers/Raptors postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 01:15 PM
  5. Pacers raptors postgame
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 05:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •