Thread: G2Zone/Area55 Dodgeball Game Today

Default G2Zone/Area55 Dodgeball Game Today

This is awesome.

http://instagram.com/p/VcudU3l5Qr/

Did anybody go?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: G2Zone/Area55 Dodgeball Game Today

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is awesome.

http://instagram.com/p/VcudU3l5Qr/

Did anybody go?
    There's a PDer in that very picture...

For the record, any team that has both Paul and George on their side has a VERY unfair advantage. I'm serious, its not even close to being fair. Our squad managed to tie them up in a best of three and then PG and George just turned it on on us in the deciding game
    Last edited by Sandman21; 02-08-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

George Hill is one of the most gifted natural athletes I think I've ever seen. His body is a prototype for just about any sport. Basketball, soccer, football, baseball, he probably could have played pretty much anything he wanted.
    Random thought I know, but him dominating even in something like dodgeball doesn't surprise in the least.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Oh he dominated alright. There was one round where it was him vs something like 5 remaining players. 45 seconds later, George won the game for his team.

And for a guy who is supposedly "out of shape", and at natural disadvantage by being 19 feet tall, Roy was incredibly elusive when it came to dodging.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I want to know where I can get some of those blue/gold overalls that the George's were wearing....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Everytime Roy jumps I still have to look to see if he actually got off the ground. It's like his feet rock back and forth but don't actually clear the ground at the same time.

Would be awesome to see Roy vs Rick Smits in his prime in a dunking contest. Greatest dunk contest ever.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

That seems incredibly fun.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

PG wasn't wearing flip flops was he? God forbid he turn an ankle playing friggin dodgeball. Hill looks kinda serious out there. And since when have you been able to cross the half court line in dodgeball?!

Mood

Didn't get to go cause I bought my way in. I don't know, I thought that rule was incredibly stupid. Sorry that I made the finals and didnt get picked so I paid 1200 dollars to support my team and the pacers organization and I've been to EVERY single game this year including pre season and cheer as loud as anyone else EVERY game. Sorry for the rant. Just felt it was really offensive that buy ins couldn't attend. I know it's not the players faults or anything but was just really disappointing to me.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

When I saw that the first thing I thought was "do we really want our important players burning up energy on the one single day of rest in a long series??

I'm thinking it was likely scheduled before the Chicago game was moved. Still I'd have rather postponed it.

Our guys just looked gassed the next night and lost a close one to an inferrior team. Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by solid View Post
    When I saw that the first thing I thought was "do we really want our important players burning up energy on the one single day of rest in a long series??

I'm thinking it was likely scheduled before the Chicago game was moved. Still I'd have rather postponed it.

Our guys just looked gassed the next night and lost a close one to an inferrior team. Sucks
    They didn't break a sweat out there on Thursday. Don't be blaming dodgeball because the scheduling finally caught up with us. Plus, D-West wasn't playing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    Didn't get to go cause I bought my way in. I don't know, I thought that rule was incredibly stupid. Sorry that I made the finals and didnt get picked so I paid 1200 dollars to support my team and the pacers organization and I've been to EVERY single game this year including pre season and cheer as loud as anyone else EVERY game. Sorry for the rant. Just felt it was really offensive that buy ins couldn't attend. I know it's not the players faults or anything but was just really disappointing to me.
    Seriously? you sit in the section even tried out and they don't invite you to this? That should be considered a perk for spending that kind of money for season tickets. Technicalities exist for a reason, but your there every game cheering and standing just like the rest of them, your certainly apart of Area 55/ G2. Thats not very good customer service by the Pacers. I'd think you're an even bigger Pacer fan than any of those folks who got invited to Area 55. You put your money where your mouth is. All they did was scream and shout and act a fool.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Seriously? you sit in the section even tried out and they don't invite you to this? That should be considered a perk for spending that kind of money for season tickets. Technicalities exist for a reason, but your there every game cheering and standing just like the rest of them, your certainly apart of Area 55/ G2. Thats not very good customer service by the Pacers. I'd think you're an even bigger Pacer fan than any of those folks who got invited to Area 55. You put your money where your mouth is. All they did was scream and shout and act a fool.
    Yeah in the email I got about it it stated specifically buy ins couldn't go. Sucked because it was at the end of the email too. So here I am reading this email getting all excited and right at the end it tells me I can't go lol. Idk. I'm not saying people that did get picked are any less of fans than me. Just wish we would have all been included. I mean really there's only a few ppl that bought in, it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Here's the problem, (and for the record I thought buy ins should have been invited), as it was, the practice court was 100% full with just winners who came out, and believe me, not all the winners were all able to make it. After that, I understood why they went the way they did. There will be other opportunities that will involve buy ins as well, so don't feel like the buyins are secondclass citizens, because the win-ins sure as hell dont feel that way.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

If you'd like I'll smash a dodgeball into your face at professional athlete speed, or do my best to match it. I don't want someone to feel left out.
    zing

Honestly, where are the stills of people just mid-blast, that's what I wanted to see. Let's see some blue and gold blood, let's see the Nike logo smashed into someone's forehead.

Also I suggest they do this next year and for charity non-members like us get to pay the players to drill G2/A55 members of our choosing while we observe from the street level windows. Maybe a gladiator thumbs up/down approval of the hit before they can move on to the next.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    If you'd like I'll smash a dodgeball into your face at professional athlete speed, or do my best to match it. I don't want someone to feel left out.
    zing

Honestly, where are the stills of people just mid-blast, that's what I wanted to see. Let's see some blue and gold blood, let's see the Nike logo smashed into someone's forehead.
    For what its worth, I thought we should have thrown everyone out there at once, just to see what would happen. I think it was shot down because they only had 1 wheelchair on standby.

Sorry you took it this way. Ideally, we could have had everyone. It was simply a matter of spacing in the Practice Court. We tried to get the Main Court set-up so we could hold more, but we couldn't get the netting required to catch the dodgeballs.

There will be G2 Zone events in the future that all members - buy-in or not- are invited to.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to RobfromPacers For This Useful Post:

Something I just thought of, while I agree with them doing this. Should they really have been doing it on day 6 of a 5 games in 7 day stretch?

Maybe if they were going against NBA-caliber opponents it would have been bad. Going against a bunch of fans.... they didn't break a sweat.