Thread: The Pacers have donated to a good cause & it might provide an opportunity for someone here

Default The Pacers have donated to a good cause & it might provide an opportunity for someone here

If we want to help the Pacers get more fans then we need to make it known that they do in fact support the community in the state and not just in the 465 area.

The Indiana Pacers have donated a team autographed basketball and a autographed Paul George jersey that will be auctioned off to help pay the medical cost of a young girl who is suffering from an inoperable stage II pilomyxoid astrocytoma.

Obviously there are many other organizations that have donated as well (Colts have an autographed Venateri photo) but its nice to know that the blue & gold are doing their part.

I am providing a link to the site for the auction just in case some of you can attend. I know that for some reason there are several of us from Crawfordsville that are members of the Digest, although none of us have ever met, so if any of us can go we should and if one of us win these then by all means make sure to post a photo of it here.

http://www.hopeforkennedy.com/Hope/Auction_Items.html

here is just the main site for the benefit.

http://www.hopeforkennedy.com/Hope/Benefit.html

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Pacers have donated to a good cause & it might provide an opportunity for someone here

Bump.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Default Re: The Pacers have donated to a good cause & it might provide an opportunity for someone here

Bump again. Good stuff.

triple bump

One last bump, anybody in West Central Indiana the bidding starts at 2 p.m.

Again if anybody does go and wins any of the Pacers stuff please post and let us know.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

It's been a good day for us. Diamond Dave got the team ball & I got the Paul George jersey. Pictures will be coming soon

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

I would have outbid you on that ball! to bad I wasn't there
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

More news here guys.

There were actually 6 set of Pacers tickets that were also auctioned off for the game by one of the local steel company's (Nucor Steel). Each of them sold for what I would assume would be close to face value.

Also while I am loath to give them any credit I guess I must also state that the Chicago Bulls donated 4 tickets to their game vs. Portland.

Either way though it was great of the Pacers (& Bulls) to donate to this very worthy cause.

Also it should be noted we actually had to win these via high bid because there were people bidding against us & yes we overpaid but it was for a good cause & I wasn't about to let anyone else walk out of there with that Jersey & Diamond Dave made sure to snag the ball.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Mood

I see it has Frank Vogel's sig on there, too. Nice!

Peck if the diamond one wants to get his money back, I will pay him what he paid for the ball and the same amount to the charity as well
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

More news here guys.

There were actually 6 set of Pacers tickets that were also auctioned off for the game by one of the local steel company's (Nucor Steel). Each of them sold for what I would assume would be close to face value.

Also while I am loath to give them any credit I guess I must also state that the Chicago Bulls donated 4 tickets to their game vs. Portland.

Either way though it was great of the Pacers (& Bulls) to donate to this very worthy cause.

Also it should be noted we actually had to win these via high bid because there were people bidding against us & yes we overpaid but it was for a good cause & I wasn't about to let anyone else walk out of there with that Jersey & Diamond Dave made sure to snag the ball.
    That lady looks very skeptical.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by MnvrChvy View Post
    That lady looks very skeptical.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    LOL, yea she isn't to happy looking is she. I have no idea who she is either.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Actually got that ball for 160 dollars. Seemed like a steal to me, but I don't really know. I donated an extra 40 to the cause. It has all the players as well as signatures from Frank, Brian Shaw, and Dan Burke. The John Hancock award goes to Orlando Johnson who by far has the largest and clearest signature on it.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Dave For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    Actually got that ball for 160 dollars. Seemed like a steal to me, but I don't really know. I donated an extra 40 to the cause. It has all the players as well as signatures from Frank, Brian Shaw, and Dan Burke. The John Hancock award goes to Orlando Johnson who by far has the largest and clearest signature on it.
    Is the woman behind to the left (in the picture) someone you outbid?

Huge kudos to you sir... and what a great keepsake you snagged onto!
    Last edited by RamBo_Lamar; 03-01-2013 at 06:10 AM.