Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

Mood

Sports Logo

Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

I hope they are legit on the dunk contest. No props, no gimmicks, just straight dunkin'. You can use your teammates, the backboard, the stanchion, but no stickers, cars, lights, or ********.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

Doesn't look like Shooting Stars will have an Indy team. Tamika will be on Team Lopez

Team Bosh: Chris Bosh, Dominique Wilkins and Swim Cash

Team Lopez: Brook Lopez, Muggsy Bogus, Tamika Catchings

Team Harden: James Harden, Sam Cassell, Tina Thompson

Team Westbrook: Russell Westbrook, Robert Horry, Maya Moore
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Gerald Green needs to stop sitting on the bench doing nothing. Kent Bazemore this year and Dahntay Jones last year are great examples... they don't just get paid to play with themselves on the bench. They get up and represent their set. Mr. Green has all the potential in the world to be a great clown on the bench. Every successful team nowadays needs at least one goon. We had a bench mob last year. Lance and Dahntay loved cheering our team on. We ain't got a god damn mother ****er who even thinks about being a cheerleader this year. If we had at least one of those guys this year, we'd be the 1 seed. Gerald Green owes us. We're paying him good money. I've seen him after a game winner or two... I know he can be the ideal hype man. Why isn't he? Is he pissed he isn't getting any PT? Who gives a **** big dog? You're getting paid... for multiple years. Man up and represent your squad. Do what you need to do.

I love watching the teams who have those hype men... Patty Mills in San Antone, Kent Bazey Baze in GSW, Dahntay in Indy last year, etc. We need one. We're Indiana. Remember... in 49 states it's just basketball. This is Indiana. Put me on the bench for $.10 a year and I guarantee we win an extra 3 games. I will personally win us 3 more games with touching the floor. If worse comes to worse, I'll just throw a chair.

In 30 teams, it is just a front office. In Indiana, it used to be Larry Bird.

Remember when 94% of you dogged on that guy? Yea, you do. Remember when dgranger17 sucked him off from Day One? Yea, you do. Wait... who's dgranger17? He's a pussy. I just hacked his account. Larry is better than Jordan. True story. Add up the college career, professional career, coaching career, and front office career... Larry can't be touched. Maybe William Russell touches him like a 17 year old touches a 9 year old, but that's about it.

You can't talk about Jordan's rings, because William has 11. You can't talk about Jordan's points, because he ain't #1 there either. What are we talking about when we talk about Jordan? He ruined the NBA. The officials, the pay, the hype... everything. He ruined it. If anything, he's the worst player in the league history. Speaking of hype, we need Gerald Green to act like a circus clown on our bench.

Did I mention Michael Jordan is forever linked with the number .106?

Larry Bird

PS... I love you Larry

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dgranger17 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Doesn't look like Shooting Stars will have an Indy team. Tamika will be on Team Lopez

That is an incredibly stupid format. Who cares about random players thrown together? I liked that there was a logical theme to tie the athletes together, dammit!

And I second that Tamika, Reggie, PG hope.

SWIM Cash and Muggsy BOGUS? These are awesome misspellings.
    Last edited by gummy; 02-08-2013 at 03:41 AM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    I hope they are legit on the dunk contest. No props, no gimmicks, just straight dunkin'. You can use your teammates, the backboard, the stanchion, but no stickers, cars, lights, or ********.
    amen to that. but i doubt it.

the line up got me excited but not pleased with the new format.
    Last edited by xtacy; 02-08-2013 at 04:02 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Get ready for a massive drop in PG's confidence if he won't win the 3-point contest.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Tamika got stuck on the shittiest team.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Tamika got stuck on the shittiest team.
    The Shooting Stars is the only thing she has left to win, so she will win it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This format seems to fit the player over team theme many hate about the nba. Why do I care who wins? At least when teams were represented it was easier to choose who to root for or against.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This format seems to fit the player over team theme many hate about the nba. Why do I care who wins? At least when teams were represented it was easier to choose who to root for or against.
    And 3 of those 4 players are totally bland or in Westbrook's case viewed as somewhat of a me-first guy by the populace at large.

Anywho, I'm still be rooting against Bosh. Because he is a tool.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The obvious reason for the change is lack of wnba teams in Miami and okc. Got to be able to include the leagues poster child cities some how.

That's a shame, I kind of liked the team element to it.

Although, I always thought it was sort of a boring challenge. If they really wanted to include the WNBA players, they could have put them in the Skills challenge and/or three point contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    That's a shame, I kind of liked the team element to it.

Although, I always thought it was sort of a boring challenge. If they really wanted to include the WNBA players, they could have put them in the Skills challenge and/or three point contest.
    And have them potentially beat the Golden Gods that are NBA players? Absolutely not.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

Why is Brook Lopez on anything? man......

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    Sunshiner fan: great, maybe this will be just the shot in he arm he needs to come back and join the team as an effective contributor
    A little bit different situations but when Fred Jones won it in '04, he came back from the allstar break a different man. Played with much more cofidence and became a valuable contributor off the bench on one of the best Pacer teams in franchise history.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    And have them potentially beat the Golden Gods that are NBA players? Absolutely not.
    You know, I think it would bother NBA players and Stern far less than certain members of the media..

Does Paul George have a legit chance to win this?? I just saw who he has to compete with. Steph Curry.

That sucks. Damnit.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    Gerald Green needs to stop sitting on the bench doing nothing. Kent Bazemore this year and Dahntay Jones last year are great examples... they don't just get paid to play with themselves on the bench. They get up and represent their set. Mr. Green has all the potential in the world to be a great clown on the bench. Every successful team nowadays needs at least one goon. We had a bench mob last year. Lance and Dahntay loved cheering our team on. We ain't got a god damn mother ****er who even thinks about being a cheerleader this year. If we had at least one of those guys this year, we'd be the 1 seed. Gerald Green owes us. We're paying him good money. I've seen him after a game winner or two... I know he can be the ideal hype man. Why isn't he? Is he pissed he isn't getting any PT? Who gives a **** big dog? You're getting paid... for multiple years. Man up and represent your squad. Do what you need to do.

I love watching the teams who have those hype men... Patty Mills in San Antone, Kent Bazey Baze in GSW, Dahntay in Indy last year, etc. We need one. We're Indiana. Remember... in 49 states it's just basketball. This is Indiana. Put me on the bench for $.10 a year and I guarantee we win an extra 3 games. I will personally win us 3 more games with touching the floor. If worse comes to worse, I'll just throw a chair.

Remember when 94% of you dogged on that guy? Yea, you do. Remember when dgranger17 sucked him off from Day One? Yea, you do. Wait... who's dgranger17? He's a pussy. I just hacked his account. Larry is better than Jordan. True story. Add up the college career, professional career, coaching career, and front office career... Larry can't be touched. Maybe William Russell touches him like a 17 year old touches a 9 year old, but that's about it.

You can't talk about Jordan's rings, because William has 11. You can't talk about Jordan's points, because he ain't #1 there either. What are we talking about when we talk about Jordan? He ruined the NBA. The officials, the pay, the hype... everything. He ruined it. If anything, he's the worst player in the league history. Speaking of hype, we need Gerald Green to act like a circus clown on our bench.

Larry Bird

PS... I love you Larry
    Great post. I've noticed our serious lack of bench showmanship as well. I'd send DJ and a first to Golden State for Bazemore, he's flat out one of the best I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Why is Brook Lopez on anything? man......
    exactly my reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post

Larry Bird

PS... I love you Larry
    WTH is this? I don't know if it's booze, drugs or sarcasm. We've got an expensive cheerleader in Pendergraph. Hansbrough doesn't even high five when he wasn't personally involved in a play and we're talking about Gerald Green not being a "clown" or a "goon?" .... Like, for real?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

My thoughts on:

- 3pt contest and PG. I love that he's in it, but I don't think he's a front-runner to win it. However, you never know. I never would've expected Kevin Love to win one of these things, either.

- Dunk contest. I'm not a fan of James White. He does two things --- dunks between his legs, and sprints from the other side of the court and does a free-throw dunk, or he combines the two. And its' not a pretty thing, like Jordan. Jordan could dunk from the free throw line at half a trot and it was the most graceful, beautiful movement you ever saw... JW is a blur. White has to achieve top speed so the dunk technically is a free throw dunk, but it's because he's flying through the air at about 70 mph... the dunk literally occurs in about .2 seconds. I actually prefer GG's dunking style for the contest.. he gets a lot more ups involved, and power dunks. He reminds me more of 'Nique than anyone in recent memory, which his straight vertical and windmills and power slams. I really hope he's able to beat James White, but JW has the hype factor goin' in.

I can almost guarantee almost all of JW's dunks will be all-out-sprint free-throw type dunks, and eventually a free-throw dunk between the legs. It's impressive.... but he's been doin' those same dunks for years, and like I said, the ramp-up speed he achieves almost makes it feel like... I dunno... cheating isn't the word.... but it's sort of taking a short cut. To say JW is on the same level athletically as Jordan is a crime.... It would be like comparing a free-throw dunk between Jordan and Jeff Foster --- yes, both could dunk from the free throw line, but Jordan did it much better. Same with James White... it's not as pretty as Jordan.

Speakin of dunk contests... the more I go back and watch the successful dunks of PG last year, the more appreciation I have for them, especially the Tron dunk. That was honestly a very awesome visual achievement. I honestly feel like he should've won that thing... I feel like what hurt him were the failed attempts.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 02-11-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here's an overseas dunk contest between the two... I felt Gerald out-dunked him for most of the dunks and then JW started in with his full-court-sprint free throw dunks and won the contest:

I honestly felt Gerald should've won it. Feel like White is the farther dunker, and GG is the higher dunker. JW is 30 though, so those legs may not be as spry as in the olden days?
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 02-11-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.