Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 72

Thread: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    They just said this on TNT.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-07-2013 at 07:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,191

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to represent the Pacers on the dunk contest

    Lol he may as well not even play for the team these days.

    But I'm sure he'll have something nasty for the contest

  3. #3
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to represent the Pacers on the dunk contest

    Cool. Hope he wins.

  4. #4
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to represent the Pacers on the dunk contest

    PG in the 3 point contest too.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default

    Cynic fan: great, at least we'll derive some value out of his 10mil contract...

    Sunshiner fan: great, maybe this will be just the shot in he arm he needs to come back and join the team as an effective contributor


  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Butler U Area
    Posts
    44
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to represent the Pacers on the dunk contest

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cool. Hope he wins.
    Yeah, Maybe it can bring up his trade and upgrade value

  9. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Gerald Green to represent the Pacers on the dunk contest

    Green should be in the 3 point contest....


    Edit: oh crap I forgot about his ankle.... Oh wait ....

  10. #8
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,856

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Sunshiner fan: great, maybe this will be just the shot in he arm he needs to come back and join the team as an effective contributor
    +1
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  11. #9

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    Is Green eligible for the D league? Maybe some time in Fort Wayne could get his shot and his confidence back.

  12. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    Great news. All-Star Saturday Night is always so much more enjoyable when you have someone to root for.

  13. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    Shaq picked the best team, Charles picked a team with not shooters

  14. #12
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    I'm assuming James White didn't get picked to be in the dunk contest, since no one has mentioned. Those two would have been the frontrunners.

    Edit: Seems like White did.
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 02-07-2013 at 08:45 PM. Reason: And Dumber

  15. #13
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shaq picked the best team, Charles picked a team with not shooters
    I think Shaq's team wins by a landslide.

  16. #14
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm assuming James White didn't get picked to be in the dunk contest, since no one has mentioned. Those two would have been the frontrunners.
    He actually did.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:


  18. #15
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm assuming James White didn't get picked to be in the dunk contest, since no one has mentioned. Those two would have been the frontrunners.
    He did. Him, Green, Terrence Ross, Jeremy Evans, Eric Bledsoe, Kenneth Faried. That's a really strong field, should be fun.

    And PG getting in the 3 point contest leads me further to believe the league really wants him to become a superstar.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  20. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    @StevePopper: The field is more than James White and Gerald Green, but here's a tease to their old dunk contest: http://t.co/IzyJIFiS

  21. #17
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    At least Paul can win this one without the fans screwing him again. Have fun in the dunk contest against the world, GG.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  22. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    There goes the myth that Barbosa and Nash didn't get along.

  23. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Green eligible for the D league? Maybe some time in Fort Wayne could get his shot and his confidence back.
    Yes, but he has to consent I believe.

  24. #20
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    So they're doing some East v. West thing for the whole night. They'll tally up points for each side through the night and the winners get...something. Home court advantage maybe, worked so great for baseball and all.

  25. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So they're doing some East v. West thing for the whole night. They'll tally up points for each side through the night and the winners get...something. Home court advantage maybe, worked so great for baseball and all.
    The winners get more money for charities of Dwyane Wade's and Chris Paul's choosing. So All-Star Saturday is basically a big night for charity.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  27. #22
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    I wonder if Green will incorporate George at all in his routine, both guys can flat out fly so could do something ridiculous.

  28. #23
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,464

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    So the plot thickens on GG's absence from the team. It's not injury related if he's going to be in the dunk contest.

  29. #24
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the plot thickens on GG's absence from the team. It's not injury related if he's going to be in the dunk contest.
    Or the injury will be fine by the end of next week.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  30. #25
    The Pac-Attack CompACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green to the dunk contest and PG to the 3 point contest

    James White is also in the dunk contest... This is shaping up to be a good lineup - assuming they don't do any stupid KIA-sponsored car jumps
    Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to CompACE For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Gerald Green to Pacers [bumped]
    By rock747 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 09:43 PM
  2. Gerald Green's Dunk...
    By timid in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-22-2012, 01:58 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 08:50 PM
  4. Green will defend title in NBA slam dunk contest [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 07:10 PM
  5. Green wins dunk contest; Kapono takes shootout (ESPN.com)
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 04:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •