Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Wells: They're having a great season, so where are the fans?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Wells: They're having a great season, so where are the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you truly want to see a game, you can sit in the damn upper deck. Im so tired of people complaining about it not being worth sitting in the Upper Deck. Best Arena in the world, every seat is a great one!
    You are trying to attract the casual fan though to come see games here and there. They all ready have the die hards like you who will sit anywhere to just watch the game hooked. They need to get the fans who are casual and are picking between movie night for the kids or a Pacers game. That is why I like the idea BoomBady31 put out there. They need to market the prices because your casual fan is not going to be going to Stubhub to find them. They need them in their face. His example of movie night vs a Pacers game is a prime example. You can get seats for cheap and you take two kids and the wife and you probably come out cheaper for a Pacers game.

Steagle posted my message from the Colts board and the more I think about it the butts really will not get there until PG becomes the star that he looks like he is going to be. The city acts like it is this huge football city, but in reality before Peyton the Colts were a joke and I can remember people reading at games and the stadium being pretty empty. Fans say they want a hard nose team that plays hard, but they really want that star player. If PG can tear it up on the national level in the playoffs and hit that stardom level you will see the fans come back.

Sadly Indianapolis really is just a front runner for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I understand your frustrations about that game because I was there and was extremely offended that we cowered at the idea of perfection. However, for the most part, any Colts game is infinitely more important than any Pacer game simply because of the 16 game versus 82 game season. That shouldn't be construed to mean that literally every Colts game is a life or death scenario. I just mean that for the most part, any single NFL game is going to be far more important than any single NBA game.
    If by "infinitely" you meant 5 and 1/8th times more important...

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    Wrong, have set there on many occasions and they are not good seats. People who think that is a good seat have never sat in a good seat.
    I've sat in the upper part of the balcony at the Fieldhouse a number of times (including opening night Nov 6 1999) and now have season tickets in what I would consider a very good seat (front row club level). While I wouldn't call the balcony a great seat, compared to balcony seats in many arenas (and pretty much any seat to watch a game in the Lucas Oil Stadium basketball configuration) they are good.

The reasonable question would be "what do you expect for $5?" except the answer seems to be "10th row unobstructed midcourt seats and a free hot dog".

The question for people who truly are interested but really have money issues is "how much do you think tickets SHOULD be for a professional basketball game in 2013, and where do you expect tickets at that price to be?" Somehow, no one ever answers that question, which leads me to believe the real answer is that they just don't care enough to look and don't want to use that as their answer.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Dude in Crawfordsville sounds like he has a family to take care of. If he goes to a game he probably would like to take his family. You said yourself you can get a ticket in club level for 40 bucks SOME NIGHTS for 40 bucks. That would be 200 bucks for a family of four. That would be about the minimum. That is not chump change for some people. That is not cheap to see a basketball game. On the other hand a single dude only has himself to take care of. There is a huge difference. Which one are you. He offered his opinion and does not need to be disrespected for it. The Pacers are just not that important to alot of people. People say you can get a ticket in the upper deck for about 5 dollars. Probably but if you truly want to see a game that is not an experience you can enjoy.
    Funny, when I was a kid learning to love the Pacers we often sat in upper level seats and went without tons of stadium food. Dunno why that's not an option today - I'd bet for most kids the location of the seat isn't as much of an issue as it is for the adults. The food, OK, I understand that, kids go nuts over it, but you can get a kids pack for similar prices to the same pack at a movie theater.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Wrong, have set there on many occasions and they are not good seats. People who think that is a good seat have never sat in a good seat.
    I've sat in good seats (courtside, second row) and bad seats (all the way up in MSA). I picked up 3 free tickets from a guy on here in December and they were about 15 rows up in the middle of the balcony and they were pretty good. Ended up moving down to club level at halftime, but I wouldn't have been disappointed if I had to sit there the whole game.

In comparison, went to an IU game in December also and sat pretty high up. Left early because not only was it a blowout, but I can't sit in the straight up position with no leg room for very long. The seats were worse than coach in an airplane. Felt very cramped.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bird Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    I've sat in good seats (courtside, second row) and bad seats (all the way up in MSA). I picked up 3 free tickets from a guy on here in December and they were about 15 rows up in the middle of the balcony and they were pretty good. Ended up moving down to club level at halftime, but I wouldn't have been disappointed if I had to sit there the whole game.

In comparison, went to an IU game in December also and sat pretty high up. Left early because not only was it a blowout, but I can't sit in the straight up position with no leg room for very long. The seats were worse than coach in an airplane. Felt very cramped.
    I once saw a concert from the upper deck of assembly hall(chilli peppers/foo fighters). awful concert venue. Dave greul said he felt like he was playing Noah's ark. That place is only for sideview sports. You really have to look down from those seats.

In the upper level at BL it feels kinda dangerous moving past people to get to your seat, that's my only real complaint about a 10 dollar seat.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

10. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    I once saw a concert from the upper deck of assembly hall(chilli peppers/foo fighters). awful concert venue. Dave greul said he felt like he was playing Noah's ark. That place is only for sideview sports. You really have to look down from those seats.

In the upper level at BL it feels kinda dangerous moving past people to get to your seat, that's my only real complaint about a 10 dollar seat.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

i have flown eight thousand kilometers to support the pacers, so every indianapolis citizen should take his *** to games.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BQQ For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BQQ View Post
    i have flown eight thousand kilometers to support the pacers, so every indianapolis citizen should take his *** to games.
    Yeah...no kidding. I didn't fly as far....but half way across the country. I'd love to go to more than 1 Pacer game a year.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

From a family man perspective, I have been a life-long pacer fan and used to have 10-game tickets for about 5 years when I was single. It's funny but I would have killed to have full season tickets back then but could not swing it financially. Now, I would have no problem financially getting full season tickets but I don't have the time. I haven't had a ticket package since the kids were born.

I still watch as many games as I can and could probably attend more than I do now but it's very comfortable watching them when I can at home. I don't get distracted much by the kids at home and I don't have to go to the concession stand or bathroom multiple times - basically, I get to focus on the game much more while at home. I really don't have a good answer for how the Pacers can get me back other than just wait it out and I'll be back when the kids get a little older.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pacerpride For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Can you clarify what you mean by this?
    When you get up in balcony, its a bit hard to move past folks to get to your seat, because the cup holders and narrow leg room, so you some times get a bit of vertigo or feel like you are just gonna trip and fall down on the people below you.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.